UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Tru 17

Nessex

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all fairness, this is not the time of year to expect a lot of patience when it comes to retailers and customer service. I see an awful lot of "amateurs" (IE - people who only shop once a year) in the parking lot and as a regular consumer, even I cringe. I can only imagine how it must be on TRU's side. I realize there should be consistency to help ensure a lovely experience but even the week before Black Friday is getting nasty.

Or maybe they can just change up their hold müzak. ("If you prefer to listen to Classical selections, dial 1. For R&B, dial 2. For Jazz Flute, dial 3...")

I picked up the two exclusives today and will get the others when I get paid. Some things I've haven't seen mentioned yet:

The replacement standard hands and feet are really good. The ridges are very pronounced and they fit in nice and snug but not tight. These needed to be in the Wolverine Saga set. More of these in the future please!

Stands are the small clear ones and they're the newer hard plastic not the old flimsy stuff. These are my favorite stands by far so this is another good thing.

The accessories and extra parts, except the hands and feet, are not taped into the trays. So while they slide around a lot in the packaging, we no longer have to deal with tape residue on parts. This used to be a big problem with the Cap shields. I like the effort here, in the future maybe this can be improved by having a very tight plastic tray to prevent the piece from moving. It was difficult to check the tampos on the spare Robo Hulk heads the easy they are currently packaged because all of them were backwards.

Speaking of tampos, I didn't notice anything wrong with the Spideys.

Other than that, I really don't have any feelings one way or the other about this wave. The TRU waves used to be my favorites due to the character selection, this is the second wave in a row with no new characters. There are new characters here, but they're basically variants of existing icons. And I can't express how much I hate Ultimate characters getting packed with 616 characters. But even though it's an underwhelming wave there is a lot to like here. The QC issues have improved drastically in my eyes. I hope these are easier to find for the people who want them than wave 16. TRU has some serious problems they need to address with their distribution and website.

Edited by bigvis497

Really looking forward to these arriving in the mail. For anyone army building the Nova Corps, drop me a line, I think I need an extra Venom for the black costume Spidey version. I may have to try and find another Superior Spidey as well, as I love the smug face they gave him, but rarely display my Spidey's without their respective masks.

I was about to place my order through I-Parcel (international shipping), when I noticed my grand total was £0.64.

This has happened to me (when I've managed to get that far) on the last 3 TRU release.

I've contacted TRU and iParcel about this many times, but they have done nothing about it.

So this time, I thought F@#k it and pulled the trigger.

Either I get my order... or I don't.

Worst case scenario, I just waisted 64p.

With TRU's track record for screwing things up, I'm fully expecting these to arrive as ordered. ;)

Just got my shipping notification!

Hi. Just wondering if anyone has seen this series in the Canadian TRU stores yet? Thanks.

A Canadian contact of mine (who works at a Canadian TRU) has informed me that no other minimate waves appear in the TRU computer system. Looks like Tomb Raider was the last series we'll be seeing at TRU Canada for the foreseeable future.

In Zexion's defense, that's my experience when I've called TRU any day of the year.

Which is why I stopped calling and just drove from store to store.

Unfortunately, most retail stores (even when I worked them - so I absolutely empathize with the stress of dealing with sh***y customers, holiday or otherwise) don't employ people who know anything about what they're selling.

In Zexion's defense, that's my experience when I've called TRU any day of the year.

Which is why I stopped calling and just drove from store to store.

Unfortunately, most retail stores (even when I worked them - so I absolutely empathize with the stress of dealing with sh***y customers, holiday or otherwise) don't employ people who know anything about what they're selling.

That's depressing, lol, but I guess driving makes more sense.

Which is what makes it so easy for unscrupulous opportunists to swap figures. I haven't noticed that with Minimates yet but I've seen it with plenty of other lines. (3 3/4" Star Wars, Marvel, and GI Joe figures, for example.)

Found the remnants of a case at the Downers Grove, IL TRU. Luckily, they had one left each of Rescue & Venom (the Venom/Nova pack had fallen down behind some of those crappy giant Wolverine figures), and a few of the Spock & Widows. Two of the Spocks' eyes weren't down too far, but not centered. Thankfully the third was perfect and I grabbed it.

Found the remnants of a case at the Downers Grove, IL TRU. Luckily, they had one left each of Rescue & Venom (the Venom/Nova pack had fallen down behind some of those crappy giant Wolverine figures), and a few of the Spock & Widows. Two of the Spocks' eyes weren't down too far, but not centered. Thankfully the third was perfect and I grabbed it.

http://youtu.be/kS6urQMzYzs?t=41s

I wore out my Emo Phillips cassette tape back in the day. Steven Wright, too. I was a big fan of stand-up comedy.

I didn't realize it was the same Downer's Grove, but I also didn't think there could possibly be two of them. I guess I thought his Downer's Grove was imaginary.

Ordered all my sets with free shiping these several days ago. Got a cancel email on the Rescue sets. This morning, I can allegedly buy the last one in stock and pay for shipping this time.

That Gremlin set is the only one I reeeeeeeally want, too. Bah! I shall wait before pulling yon trigger again.