UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Kickstarter Thread

Fujis

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being that I do work with NASA, I know they do not allow their name and trademarks to be used for promotional reasons and the US Navy sought to trademark SeALS back in 2011, but I don't know if they were successful.

You can see them here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jscheetz/nasa-seals

The RED DAVE School minimate will be a mass produced promo we send out to people interested in attending the school. The Blue NASA SEALS minmate is only for those who back the project at $35 or more before it ends Friday at 9PM Est. We are also sending backers at that level and above the red one as well.

Youbastards is right, it's a digital mock up based on the earlier figures because I had a computer model handy. These will be current size. I know I'm not a presence in this community but I love making minimate movies and collet movie based figures as well.

Has anyone ever backed the same project twice? Is that even possible? I would like to get a couple of each promo and didn't know if using a different kickstarter account would work if it's from the same Amazon payments account.

Yeah - you just need two different kickstarter accounts which you can set up using two separate emails.

I backed Agent88 twice... dry.png

Edited by Nessex

Has anyone ever backed the same project twice? Is that even possible? I would like to get a couple of each promo and didn't know if using a different kickstarter account would work if it's from the same Amazon payments account.

Yeah - you just need two different kickstarter accounts which you can set up using two separate emails.

I backed Agent88 twice... dry.png

Yep, using multiple KS accounts still works with a single Amazon Payments account. Now I just hope I chose the reward that will get me both a blue and a red...

I caved & bought into this .....just saying. Dave School gave me a lot of pleasure so it seemed right to take a risk ......because IMHO that's what it is..... a risk.

I'll also say that the target amount of $55000 seems highly likely to be met with about 250-300 backers (my estimate only) .............so ....that's going to leave us with 2 of the rarest 'mates of all time...... or a lot of spare ones which will not cost $50 each .

Some you lose &.....er.... some you lose.

While I'm not interested in rare promos, I really dig the primitive CG style these guys are going with. Makes me pine for the days when this was played every 5 minutes on MTV.

http://youtu.be/lAD6Obi7Cag

Edited by karamazov80

• 3 months later...