A Nervous WIP

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey gang, I am back from the lab with a new project. Although it is not minimate related, I think there a enough GI Joe fans here that may dig this. A joe customizer, Alyosha, who also sells custom parts for the joeverse, made this 1:18 scale big wheel. I needed it, lol, as I recently disovered an old pic of myself on a classic bigwheel.

ok , here it is. pretty cool huh! and with him is a modified Clutch (short sleeves) to give it a test drive.

bigwheelin.jpg

and getting carried away with photoshop

bigwheelin1_copy.jpg

and the inspiration...Mini-Nervous

me_and_my_bigwheel.jpg

Mini-Nervous on the big wheel is a great picture!

:D

hey thanks man... :D

short story about timing...my mom brought over a bunch of old pictures one night, and this was in it...no big deal right...then alyosha posts the big wheel on his site maybe 2 days later, and i just knew i needed to have it. now if i didnt just get the mini-nervous picture, i would have thought his big wheel was pretty cool, but probably would not have ordered it. glad I did, i really like the mini big wheel :)

• 9 months later...

Man has it been a long time since I did any customs, almost a year. So in honor of that, I dusted off this old thread with the dustiest old custom I could find. My first ever custom minifigure... lego Iron Man. I hated it so much when I was done, I scoured the internet for ways to make better customs, knowing this wasn't the best I could do. It was, and is, my motivation to do the best customs I am capable of doing.

hope you like...or hate it as much as I do :sick:

post-21-1259351858_thumb.jpg

ps. if anyone gives a shit, I am currently out of retirement, and working on some new stuff as we speak :mellow:

Man has it been a long time since I did any customs, almost a year. So in honor of that, I dusted off this old thread with the dustiest old custom I could find. My first ever custom minifigure... lego Iron Man. I hated it so much when I was done, I scoured the internet for ways to make better customs, knowing this wasn't the best I could do. It was, and is, my motivation to do the best customs I am capable of doing.

hope you like...or hate it as much as I do :sick:

post-21-1259351858_thumb.jpg

ps. if anyone gives a shit, I am currently out of retirement, and working on some new stuff as we speak :mellow:

A journey of 10k miles starts with a single step Josh...

Looking forwards to seeing what you are working on now you are out of retirement :)

T.

p.s. welcome back stranger!

I of course care otherwise why else would I have spent all this time talking to you :P that Iron Man is pretty crazy and I am glad it led to you bettering your skills! Given the stuff I've seen in the pipes I can't wait to see the final product! Welcome back to the board mate!

Jeff of the Minacs

• 1 month later...

Hey Nervous.

I've been sent to this thread by karamazov, from the gijoe minimate thread?

I'm having trouble seeing any of your pictures, did they get removed from this thread? :blink:

Is there any chance you have pictures up on a folder at photobucket or anything. I particularly would like to see the gijoe ones and any others you've done? If not maybe email me pictures instead?

Thanks buddy :)

Hey Nervous.

I've been sent to this thread by karamazov, from the gijoe minimate thread?

I'm having trouble seeing any of your pictures, did they get removed from this thread? :blink:

Is there any chance you have pictures up on a folder at photobucket or anything. I particularly would like to see the gijoe ones and any others you've done? If not maybe email me pictures instead?

Thanks buddy :)

Hey Urban Sabateur, At some point the place I have my pictures went from maj.com to majhost.com , so all the early pics got messed up because the link changed. I posted the link to my customs a few pages back, here it is again

My customs and other stuff

thanks for the interest :D

Oh Awesome!!

Thanks for reposting the link, you might wanna put the actual new link on the first page or get a mod to edit that first post to show it. :)

Looking at your customs now. They really are fantastic. Storm Shadow & Destro are great and I also like the CG & Viper you've done. My favourite is the Cobra Commander. What an awesome figure. I love how shiney you've done the chrome bit of his face it looks so realistic!

I also love the Gungho, Snake Eyes and Snow Job! Awesome work dude and much respect to you! B)

thanks for sharing them.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys again!

Here is my first custom in almost a year, and this one was started awhile ago, and just this weekend I made the time to finish it. I am working on a nice diorama for it, and hopefully it is the start of some more Frazzetta themed customs. Hope you guys like it, any feedback is appreciated.

post-21-1264348966_thumb.jpgpost-21-1264348990_thumb.jpg

WoW that is wicked,make more for sure!!!