UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 48

Those new F4 figures look AMAZING! My only complaint is with Sue though. How come she doesn't have the white band around her waist like Reed and Thing?

They're probably just paint proofs and not the finished item. That's usually the case , but I could be wrong.

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm confused. There's a thing in this wave? I thought it was just reed, sue, Johnny, moloid, blaastar, puppet master, and Alicia? ??

Wave 48 consists of Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, "Flame On" Johnny Storm, Blastaar, Puppet Master, Alicia Masters and a Moloid army builder.

The complementary TRU wave (#15) will consist of the Thing, Human Torch, Annihilus, Silver Surfer, Air-Walker and Firelord.

I am SUPER excited for these, as I knew I would be.

The Thing, the Thing! Oh man, the Thing!

- I love the colors on 'em and I'm really jazzed that the Thing appears to be the same color as the "Best of" one, so you can swap heads.

- EDIT: DST on FB lemme know that the bicep covers don't fit all the way around... so it looks like it's back to the ol' Super Glue store for me. :rolleyes:

- I dig the new NEW hand sculpts the most! Unlike the old "new" hands (Kronan got 'em), you'll be able to twist these at the wrist for more poses.

JEEZ, these can't get out fast enough!

And yeah, let's have some Psycho Man... along with Dragon Man and Diablo!

Edited by Mystery Man

I know I said that I didn't care for this wave earlier, but seeing that pic of them all together makes me want them. lol. Not half bad! Thing looks awesome! Makes a good pairing with the Hulkbuster Iron Man armor.

All personal silliness aside, these look great. Very excited to be getting them.

One minor, personal, disappointment... I love that Torch's body is a nice non-orangey red like the Torch I grew up with. Which make the red accessories disappointing. To me, having grown up in the four color dark ages, the Torch is red, his flames are yellow. (I freely admit, when someone mentions the FF, I see them in my mind as Byrne drew them) So the red flames on this new torch are something of a let down. Not a deal breaker or figure ruiner by any stretch, but enough of a downer to be worth mentioning. YMMV.

(yes, I'm that picky about stuff. So if you hear me say something is "perfect", you'll know I mean it.)

(Also, if you whipper-snappers have not read John Byrne's run on the FF, No. 232–293, July 1981–August 1986, go track it down.)

All personal silliness aside, these look great. Very excited to be getting them.

One minor, personal, disappointment... I love that Torch's body is a nice non-orangey red like the Torch I grew up with. Which make the red accessories disappointing. To me, having grown up in the four color dark ages, the Torch is red, his flames are yellow. (I freely admit, when someone mentions the FF, I see them in my mind as Byrne drew them) So the red flames on this new torch are something of a let down. Not a deal breaker or figure ruiner by any stretch, but enough of a downer to be worth mentioning. YMMV.

(yes, I'm that picky about stuff. So if you hear me say something is "perfect", you'll know I mean it.)

(Also, if you whipper-snappers have not read John Byrne's run on the FF, No. 232–293, July 1981–August 1986, go track it down.)

WHOA!! I was just thinking the EXACT same thought the other day. Tempted to paint my original Target two pack Torch's flames yellow because John Byrne's run of FF is my favorite version of Fantastic Four. I actually got hooked on FF with ish 358. From the die-cut cover to the heroes/villains stand-off upon opening, the reveal of Alicia as a Skrull LONG before Secret Invasion, and the individual team bios/premise from Stan Lee--this issue had it all. It was the best comic I ever found in the quarter bin at my LCS. From there a friend gave my John Byrne's first issue on FF and I'd been collecting it ever since.

I was also tempted to paint my existing FF with the white belts/gloves-but now I don't have to. :thumbsup:

I'm working on a Malice using Mandarin's cape and Elektra's skirt piece- coming soon to a thread near you. Now we just need a Diablo, Red Ghost and the Super-Apes, and Awesome Android and the Mad Thinker. Plus Valeria as Marvel Girl, Franklin as Psi-lord, Hyperstorm, Kristoff, Boris, and the inhumans. I'd love to see an all white nova burst exclusive Johnny as well.

Anxiously awaiting Byrne's second volume of Fantastic Four in Omnibus format. It's been a year or so since volume 1 and I needs it!

I'm the same way re: Torch's red with yellow flame. I wish they'd make one using the same "spider-sense" hairpiece technology, but for the whole body! :D

I am/was fortunate to grow up when I did. Like many of my fellow foggies, I bought my comics from the newsstand and the comics rack. And in those stone ages before the internet, or even Previews, you had No idea what was coming next and had to wait a honest month for the next nugget of story. That was my memory of Byrne's FF run: eagerly waiting for that next issue to arrive so I could see what happened. The issue where the FF, Dr. Strange, and the Avengers really straight out beat Galactus still stands as one of my all time favorites.

I am/was fortunate to grow up when I did. Like many of my fellow foggies, I bought my comics from the newsstand and the comics rack. And in those stone ages before the internet, or even Previews, you had No idea what was coming next and had to wait a honest month for the next nugget of story. That was my memory of Byrne's FF run: eagerly waiting for that next issue to arrive so I could see what happened. The issue where the FF, Dr. Strange, and the Avengers really straight out beat Galactus still stands as one of my all time favorites.

Mine too. Was Byrne also the one who did the issue with Human Torch quitting due to a child who set himself on fire and died? A touching issue that really stood out in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...