UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Legends discussion thread

TBT!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can get my hands on a few of the regular psylockes. New from TRU. If you want me to do that.....

I'll let you know when Forbidden gets back to me. There was something else in that wave I wanted I think, but I forget the lineup. Oh well, Musta not been that important. Thanks for the offer!

Did anyone notice if their store had the version of Planet Hulk where both arms are green? I want one MIP. Its an error and there are many of them out right now. if not, I'll hit Ebay.

Target is the only place I've seen them so far. I have managed to get them except for the two iron mans.

What do you mean "two"?

One has a removable helmet. Variant!

Did anyone notice if their store had the version of Planet Hulk where both arms are green? I want one MIP. Its an error and there are many of them out right now. if not, I'll hit Ebay.

That's the one I got.... Both of his arms are green all the way!

Definitely still looking out for the two green-armed Hulk.

As for the Iron Man, isn't it just a packaging variant? The difference being that One with the helmet on him and another where it's separate on the side somewhere? My friend has both of them and I'm told that the mask is removable.

I think this was done on purpose by Hasbro and they're testing the waters.

Not because of the quote below, but I'm sure it is removable.

Here Quote from TNI

"There is supposedly a variant, sort of. Hasbro has provided us with what I'm calling a Package Variant for Ultimate Iron Man. Star Wars collectors, you know what I'm talking about. The figures are in every way, exactly the same as each other, the only difference or variance, is that one Ultimate Iron Man has the helmet on and the other has the helmet off. I saw two cases with my very own eyes and both had one of each Ultimate Iron Man. Call it a variant if you want, but it looks like Hasbro has released equal amounts of both versions therefore they are both of equal value, so don't let someone charge you more for one or the other."

I will continue to seek out the truth though. There maybe something else different. $9.99 for an unremovable mask doesn't make much sense, especially considering it's Iron Man.

Can someone confirm this?

Edited for the 10th time. :P

^It's not too bad looking and better than I thought. I'm sure to pick up an extra. My main problem is that Hasbro is skimping on plastic and making them slightly smaller than they should be. I still like my Marvel Select figure a little better eventhough it doesn't have the same articulation.

^It's not too bad looking and better than I thought. I'm sure to pick up an extra. My main problem is that Hasbro is skimping on plastic and making them slightly smaller than they should be. I still like my Marvel Select figure a little better eventhough it doesn't have the same articulation.

Thanks JL, I'll keep an eye out for one...

Cloneme... where did you see these locally? drop me a PM ( we can discuss beer too?)

T.

About Iron Man, I got there when they were ALL still in stock. Yeah, one has the helmet on and one has it off. 2 per case, one of each, so don't pay extra for one or the other. There is no rarer version. I got the helmet on one, and it looks just like the other. As for Planet Hulk, mine has a silver arm. I like it more that way.

TBT, you probably have seen a few pics online, but here's a couple I found of an opened Ultimate Iron Man.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=alb...ends%2FSeries_1

To be honest, I was absolutely going to buy it when it was first announced and they showed the pictures online, but after seeing it in person, I don't know anymore. It didn't look like the image shown of Ultimate Iron Man here:

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/w...e_1929_21665036

I should have remembered how it looked like when we went passed the Hasbro's booth last year at SDCC, but then again, I thought it was still a prototype. If I see it around Target/TRU, perhaps I will still get it but I won't be running around town trying to find it.

I think I like the Marvel Select Ultimate Iron Man's look better ( http://www.comicbookbin.com/ironman.html ) but I'd still want to see that in person.

TBT, you probably have seen a few pics online, but here's a couple I found of an opened Ultimate Iron Man.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=alb...ends%2FSeries_1

To be honest, I was absolutely going to buy it when it was first announced and they showed the pictures online, but after seeing it in person, I don't know anymore. It didn't look like the image shown of Ultimate Iron Man here:

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/w...e_1929_21665036

I should have remembered how it looked like when we went passed the Hasbro's booth last year at SDCC, but then again, I thought it was still a prototype. If I see it around Target/TRU, perhaps I will still get it but I won't be running around town trying to find it.

I think I like the Marvel Select Ultimate Iron Man's look better ( http://www.comicbookbin.com/ironman.html ) but I'd still want to see that in person.

I don't see the difference in the pics you posted, however I do agree the Marvel Select is a much better sculpt. I have seen that one at the comic shop back in the day.

In the second image I posted, the shading in the picture mislead me to thinking the colors were a tad darker. Seeing it in person, it doesn't seem as dark as it seems in the image. I just felt that image was a little bit misleading and I was disappointed when I saw it in person. It's just me being picky. :D