UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel 'Best of ' wave

buttheadsmate

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's Cyclops through the ages without Erik the Red?

If we're getting a 4-pack with Erik the Red, Corsair better be in there, too (though, I'd much rather have him in a Starjammers set - Corsair, Hepzibah, Raza & Ch'od). :biggrin:

EDIT: You were totally talking about Scott Summers Erik the Red. I'd love a Davan Shakari (Shi'ar) Erik. :tongue:

Edited by TENIME_art

*Miry remembers the recent "Naked Nick" pictures, and knows this will not end well. Not at all.*

:unsure:

Maybe I'll just derail threads from now on. Here's the Best of Cyclops set I want to see:

swimsuit-4.jpg?w=500&h=666

This image will haunt me for a while, so I wanted to repost it to make sure it sticks with everyone else, too.

The look in Gambit's eye.

Bishop's mullet blowing in the breeze.

The shortest man shorts to ever wear while going for a jog on a beach with other dudes.

Sunburned Wolverine

Hmm, can Wolverine get sunburned though?

I dunno - I just assumed he would, considering he's Canadian, and they only get the sun six weeks of the year, right? :)

Kidding - don't hate me anyone in Canada.

Well, since he can smoke cigars without fear of cancer, I'd say no. Getting a sunburn is too slow a process, his skin would start healing well before anything happened.

Well, since he can smoke cigars without fear of cancer, I'd say no. Getting a sunburn is too slow a process, his skin would start healing well before anything happened.

Oh, I agree. Wolverine's healing factor wouldn't allow his skin to get a little pink. But the idea of a sunburned Wolverine having to put on aloe amuses me.

In that New X-Men story where Wolverine and Phoenix fly into/near the sun, I think that counts as being sunburned. Supports a theory that Wolverine can get sunburned but would quickly heal and peel. I don't think he would tan, though.

Archangel knows what he likes when he sees it. Never noticed the X-Men underwear either.

re: Best of Thing, does he headpiece actually push on far enough, that his brow is in place (like the box art)? All the pictures I've seen, it looks like he is wearing a silly hat.

I picked up the Spidey/Green Goblin set today. I love it! a revisit of the very first minimate set I bought at Target way back when. good times :biggrin: I'll be grabbing Iron Man and the Thing next week

but, i am having trouble putting the alt Peter and Norman heads on the bodies. it seems like the peg holes on the heads are too small. i can force Normans head on but Peters just wont pop on fully. is anyone else having this problem?

Got the whole set from Luke the other day... For being a bunch of retreads... I must say they're at least good minimates. Much like the heroes and villains boxed sets in some cases... back when those were released.

Can I first just say, I'm happiest with Iron Man because I'm finally, at long last THRILLED to have an updated Iron Man that's flat Red and Yellow, and not Candy Apple Red and Gold. There are SO many times I've seen an Iron Man I love, but was disappointed they went with the shiny colors. I have DOZENS of Shiny Iron Men that barely register as different! I don't NEED anymore! lol... Even a few had flat colors in prototype pics, but got changed to shiny for production, which irked me, lol... I've longed for an updated flat colors Iron Man, that looked more detailed and fancy than the original one from so long ago. I'm so happy to finally have one!

Moving on...

I love Wolverine. He's probably my favorite Wolverine ever. I was never happy with 90s Wolverine's colors... the blue was too dull... I always wanted a brighter blue, that popped, like Secret Invasion Wolverine. This one rectifies that problem.

Sabretooth is a minor change on the original, but an all around improvement imo. The colors are just a tad more accurate than the original, little more yellow-orange and a little less orange-orange. and I like the facial expression better. That maniacal Sabretooth grin suits him.

I'm not nuts about Goblin's facial expression truth told... but can't argue that his new boots, new satchel and glider aren't an overall improvement.

Spidey is Spidey, and looks like about a dozen Spideys I already own... but it is at least nice that this one has the wings... so there's a little something to set him apart.

Thing, like Sabretooth... is only slightly different, but an improvement over the original version. Looks much better without the ugly black wash, and the 4 on his belt is a nice touch.

Cap... like Spidey, looks alot like a half dozen Caps I already own... not bad, but not exactly new... but I will at least say I'm glad they included an extra wrist cuff for this one's gloves. There were a couple Caps in the past I thought were ruined by the fact that when I removed their shield, there was always an ugly strap and peg on his wrist. So while he's very similar to old Caps... I still think this will be the definitive one in my collection 'til further notice... just because of that minor detail.

Thor... seems almost identical to the Stormbreaker boxed set one... and were I not a completionist, I likely would have seen no reason to buy him... lol...

SO ANYWAY...

I'd definitely recommend Wolvy and Sabretooth & Iron Man and Thing to anyone looking for definitive minimate versions of said characters. (Especially if like me, you don't want a shiny Iron Man, lol). I'd recommend Goblin as an improvement, and Spidey as at least something new (Again... wings... lol). Cap and Thor I wouldn't necessarily recommend unless you're also a completionist... or you like your Cap to have matching gloves when not holding his shield... lol...