UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

E-tailer wants 4-pack input

sha_ckwave

Let me start by saying that this thread's intention is not to promote another site or an e-tailer that doesn't advertise. It's to promote the fact that there could be another Marvel 4-pack on the horizon and your input is wanted.

Anyway, over on thefwoosh, a guy who owns an online shop is asking for input and ideas on a potential new Marvel 4-pack.

Thread here:

http://www.thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.p...=96&t=64875

The guy is Scott, a very collector friendly owner of a shop called Enchanted Toy Chest. He's been debating whether or not to take a shot on an exclusive 4-pack (details in that thread) and wanted people's input.

You'll notice in that thread where I direct him to come over here for input, being that this is one of the larger concentrations of minimate fans on the 'net, but Scott did not want to step on any toes and just sign up and start posting at a place where he doesn't advertise... because that's just the type of guy he is. So I'm posting it for him, hopefully you mods will bear with me and understand I do this for the greater glory of marvel minimates, not for the glory of any other sites.

Anyway, I plan on dropping a link to this thread in the original thread on the fwoosh and directing Scott to the input here. So if you've got an idea or ideas for a potential 4-pack, by all means, make with it !

So far on Fwoosh, THE WRECKING CREW seems to the emerging favorite. Classics seem to be more favored than moderns. Lots of Avengers love so far too.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rightly now I am genuinely (and pleasantly) surprised to discover that another e-tailer is considering dipping his feet into the Minimate waters.

This could be a good thing. Are Minimates seriously getting better exposure now? (I'm not just talking wider exposure; I mean do collectors still consider them more kiddie than Kubricks?)

Wrecking Crew would be sweet, but I would like to nominate modern X-Factor (Strong Guy, Syrin, Rictor & M) or modern X-Force (Archangel, Warpath, Wolfsbane & Domino)

If he can work something out with DST for a Wrecking Crew 4 pack, I'll be all for it, as will many here :)

There are numerous threads here with "wish lists" for 4-packs and figures generally. There is even a thread where we voted on what we would request from AFX regarding their proposed 4-packs when they were asking for fan input.

However, the smartest move would obviously be Nighthawk, Hellcat, Howard the Duck, and updated Juggernaut :D

Edited by karamazov80

Possible ideas (in order of market apppeal):

X-Men: Missing Teammates Set

- Jubilee - Banshee - Meggan - Sunfire

Avengers: Missing Teammates Set

- Tigra - Mockingbird - Black Knight - Falcon

Deadly Foes of Wolverine

-Silver Samurai -Viper -Omega Red -Wendigo

Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

-Pyro - Blob -Avalanche - Destiny (or a new Mystique)

New X-Men

- Pixie -Anole -Rockslide -Mercury

Alpha Flight

-Guardian - Snowbird - Shaman - Puck

Classic New Warriors

- Justice - Night Thrasher -Speedball -Namorita

New Defenders

- Hellcat - Gargoyle - Moondragon - Nighthawk

Starjammers

- Raza - Ch'Od - Corsair - Hepzibah

Edited by Binaryan

Allright, let's come up with a poll split in three steps to narrow down the field... Just kidding. I guess, if this guy is finally considering doing it (awesome!) and he's asking for a Wrecking Crew 4-pack, DST will tell him no, since AFX is already doing it because of our mighty combined will power! :D

If not, I'm totally in for a Wrecking Crew. Or a royal Inhumans family mambers box set... since we already got Black Bolt.

Possible ideas (in order of market apppeal):

X-Men: Missing Teammates Set

- Jubilee - Banshee - Meggan - Sunfire

Avengers: Missing Teammates Set

- Tigra - Mockingbird - Black Knight - Falcon

Deadly Foes of Wolverine

-Silver Samurai -Viper -Omega Red -Wendigo

Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

-Pyro - Blob -Avalanche - Destiny (or a new Mystique)

New X-Men

- Pixie -Anole -Rockslide -Mercury

Alpha Flight

-Guardian - Snowbird - Shaman - Puck

Classic New Warriors

- Justice - Night Thrasher -Speedball -Namorita

New Defenders

- Hellcat - Gargoyle - Moondragon - Nighthawk

Starjammers

- Raza - Ch'Od - Corsair - Hepzibah

Son of a Bitch! I want ALL of these!

how can anyone choose?

But in all seriousness, does an e tailer get to choose whatever they want? or does DST lay out the plans they have an say "pick"?

Luke any answers?

moc847

my vote is always for more avengers...

When AFX was asking for input, that suggested to me that DST wasn't making the decision completely on its own. Seems like money would talk in this situation. I'm sure Marvel's input plays a significant role, however. Being the licensor, I assume that they hold absolute veto power.

But in all seriousness, does an e tailer get to choose whatever they want? or does DST lay out the plans they have an say "pick"?

Luke any answers?

moc847

my vote is always for more avengers...

When AFX was asking for input, that suggested to me that DST wasn't making the decision completely on its own. Seems like money would talk in this situation. I'm sure Marvel's input plays a significant role, however. Being the licensor, I assume that they hold absolute veto power.

It think it's a little of both, It seems that DST has a long term overall plan and exclusives are generally made to fit into that pattern. From what I can tell people like AFX are given a few possible sets to choose from and it evolves from there.

I Personally don't see any issues with Scott coming over and actively joining in this discussion.

The guidelines about etailers are mostly there to stop people spamming the boards without adding anything of value ( and I mean this as content of posting as much as advertising.) to the site. As long as he's not gratuitiously pimping his site every post everything should be fine.

Shield 4 pack:

Nick Fury

Dum Dum Dugan

Maria Hill

Sharon Carter

Include extra accessories, or helmeted heads for generic troops and I'd buy 3 or 4 of the box sets for a Shield army.

This seems like it could be a two pack with extra hair/hats and reversable heads?

T.

re-posted from another thread

We need Captain America sets/waves :cap: :cap: :cap:

Adolph Hitler ;)

Red skull

Sin(red skulls daughter)

Sin as the new red skull

Crossbones

Baron Zemo I

Baron Zemo II

Arnim Zola

Baron Blood

Baron Strucker

super adaptiod

the entire serpent squad/society

scourge

madcap

Batroc

Mr Hyde

Machete

the Falcon(original green costume)

the Falcon (classic red and white)

the Falcon (modern)

Nomad (Steve Rogers)

street clothes Steve Rogers with a art portfolio case that holds his shield

Diamond back

D-man

I already pitched on that fwoosh thread myself with the idea of the Power Pack.

Zero-G (Alex Power)

Lightspeed (Julie Power)

Mass Master (Jack Power)

Energizer (Katie Power)

I thought given the 'Father's Day' minimates bodies they showed off for kids, it could work for the younger members of the Pack while normal minimates maybe for the older.

I think it could work. Add a rainbow flying part for Lightspeed to show off her flying ability, a powerful energy ball for Energizer and cloud base for Mass Master and it'd be a really cool set. Maybe even some kind of power attchment for Zero-G's powers.

Power Pack have never gotten toys as far as I recall ever, so it'd be something totally unexpected. I thought I had read they were even planning on bringing them back in the comics here at some point. Julie was featured in that Excelsior team I remember...

i say (if we can) do a March Madness bracket with everything that is suggested tossed in and do the polls in rounds. Winner gets made.

My suggestion for a small(er) e-tailer looking to make a set that sells well (and this is what I posted on fwoosh also) isn't so much a matter of just the content, but in making it more marketable. So, I think one thing that helps is picking characters with multiple looks (ie 1st App. X-Men). I know I'm not the only one that has bought more than one of those sets to get both looks for the characters. Also, what an awesome way to sell troop builders. I think what Hasbro did with the SHIELD interchangeable heads would translate well into a four pack. And, in case you haven't noticed the scarcity of cheap troop builders on the secondary market recently, troop builders sell well. Both of these things might not make for the best selection for a four pack, but would help sell it better. Especially if you could combine the two ideas.

new mutants

warlock

wolfbane

magik

magma

ghost rider through the ages

vengeance

phantom rider

johnny blaze

ghost rider (danny ketch)

Edited by Scorpion

I applaud this guy's enthusiasm but if he doesn't want to post in this forum because he might have to (& I quote) "fork over some advertising cash" ....it doesn't fill me with optimism that this will happen if he can't afford that!

However........ looking at the figures for producing 2000 sets of FA X-Men (for example) selling at $16 would mean that the return would be $32K. So if the return is $32K then obviously 2000 sets cost AFX less than that.....considerably less than that :spideysense2:

If I sold the car.....rented out the house.....sold my X-Files VHS collection .....er....um...did some work...... :unsure:

alpha flight with hopfull two pack tie ins

alpha flight with hopfull two pack tie ins

Yeah, I'd definitely follow up this basic box set with 2-packs ---

Northstar and Vindicator (Heather Hudson)

Sasquatch and Aurora

Marrina and Master of the World

Other 4-pack suggestions:

Deadly Foes of the X-Men

-Mr. Sinister -Toad -Juggernaut (bigger, badder version) -Sauron

MojoWorld!

-Longshot -Spiral -Mojo -Dazzler

Age of Apocalypse

-Blink -Morph -Sunfire -X-Man

Soviet Super-Soldiers (Since we're getting a Crimson Dynamo)

-Vanguard -Darkstar -Ursa Major -Titanium Man or Red Guardian

Women of Marvel

-Dazzler -Enchantress -She-Hulk -Modern Wasp -Namorita -Tigra -Hellcat -Domino - Magik - Meggan, etc. etc.

A set like this could be a great option for three reasons:

1) It ties into a current Marvel publishing initiative.

2) Many of the previously mentioned sets or individual characters within each may be "ear-marked" by DST for future waves. With a theme this broad, you can mix and match more easily.

3) Many of these could be achieved without a lot of new parts, maybe a new hair sculpt or two.

Edited by Binaryan

yeah mojo world would be awsome as well (so many diffrent good choices)