UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

No paint Conan with Skaar as a base

Picked up a Skaar today and immediately took him apart to make a Conan. Here's a quick pic of him. Whatcha think?

Other parts used:

Assault Punisher head

Sub-Mariner torso(Invaders set)

Sgt Elias Grodin arms/hands (Platoon set)

Marisol legs (A Fistful Of Dollars set)

Hobbit sword

Linky link link:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3234...amp;id=70302941

Picked up a Skaar today and immediately took him apart to make a Conan. Here's a quick pic of him. Whatcha think?

Other parts used:

Assault Punisher head

Sub-Mariner torso(Invaders set)

Sgt Elias Grodin arms/hands (Platoon set)

Marisol legs (A Fistful Of Dollars set)

Hobbit sword

Linky link link:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3234...amp;id=70302941

bitchin!!! :biggrin: :thumbsup::highfive2:

That is a great idea, Mystery Man! I have very little use for Skaar, so I will probably do some variation on this whenever I get the damn thing. I believe that this will be the second time I have stolen an idea from you.

I have had my parts for Conan set aside from the moment I first saw Skaar. I'm using Hawkman's head, the Kraven torso that's under the powerhouse piece, and,well, arms and legs (dunno where they came from). Now I just have to find Skaar. It's killin' me! I want my Conan!

I knew there was a better torso to use and that Kraven is it! Thanks for the reminder!

As for going to my Facebook page, that's the only place I have that can host pictures. But feel free to add me on there! I like having friends that I have stuff in common with, rather than people I just know from taking a class with.

The only trouble with the Conan is that there's no scabbard holster for his big sword on his back since the peg to that is on the Skaar torso. I'm sure somebody'll figure out a hip way to get past that, though.

And feel free to take my ideas. That's why I post 'em, so everybody can enjoy these toys. I'm not big on painting (tried it and sucked), but I'm always trying to improve stuff by switching parts and being creative. :)

If you haven't seen the Black Manta minimate I did, it's also on Facebook in a picture album called "Fiddles", I believe. I took some minimate pictures and put 'em in that album.

Mystery Man, I'm the exact same kind of customizer. We shall get along well, sir. :biggrin:

When I was first putting a Conan custom together, I was going to use the belt that came with Frodo, which has a hole for a scabbard to fit into. Unfortunately, of course, Frodo's sword is a little shrimpy. But I found that the scabbard for Legolas fit in perfectly. I've been hoping, when I finally get Skaar, that I'll somehow be able to fit that belt on top of his little skirt. I doubt it, but you never know. Maybe if you put the scabbard around to his back?

Mystery Man, I'm the exact same kind of customizer. We shall get along well, sir. :biggrin:

When I was first putting a Conan custom together, I was going to use the belt that came with Frodo, which has a hole for a scabbard to fit into. Unfortunately, of course, Frodo's sword is a little shrimpy. But I found that the scabbard for Legolas fit in perfectly. I've been hoping, when I finally get Skaar, that I'll somehow be able to fit that belt on top of his little skirt. I doubt it, but you never know. Maybe if you put the scabbard around to his back?

I'll dig out my spare LotR parts and see if I can find one of those pieces and go from there. My problem with cutting is that I always make one cut that I shouldn't have made accidentally and the whole piece is ruined.

What I'm talking about doesn't involve cutting, but I wasn't talking about putting something in his back, rather around his waist. But I also wasn't thinking of using that honkin' big sword that Skaar comes with.

• 3 weeks later...
That Zartan SHS looks like he could use a once over with a Swiffer. :P

What, you don't like my "swamp dust?" Attention to detail is what sets my collection apart from others.

Speaking of attention to detail... Snake must be on quite a recon mission if he's still in that garbage can.

I did my own version.

DSCN1116.jpg

That was my original formula as well, but then I settled on Union Jack's head instead of Hawkman's. No pics at the moment, because my shop just finally got these bad boys in. No lie, I had my Conan parts patiently waiting for Skaar for at least three months. But, whatever final parts you use, it's so cool that we can all have a perfect Conan if we want one. It's like AA said "we can't make Conan, but you guys can. Here you go"

And mine does have gold bracelets. :D

Here's my take on the Conan minimate. No paints used, but I did sand down the crotch piecse. I found the raised block a tad distracting when there is no chest cover hiding it. Tossed on Punisher's head, threw in Valkyrie's sword and Namor's bracelets. Enjoy!

(click thumbnails for larger images)

th_conan.jpgth_conanback.jpg