UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Amazing Spiderman Trailer and Cap America After Credit Part

I still don't understand the point of rebooting Spider-Man and having yet another origin this soon. Completely recasting the entire franchise but have it sequentially numbered 4 would have been fine. James Bond movies have gotten away with process this for 40+ years. The audience understands the concept of Spider-Man, just do a well-written stand alone story with the characters already introduced in previous films, and if the script justifies it, you can even bring back supposedly "dead" characters like the Orborns and Doc Ock. They could have easily just written Mary Jane out by having her modeling career take off and have her be in Europe, and brought Gwen Stacy in as the new love interest.

I want to believe in this Spider-Man movie. I really do. Many people have given up on it already, including some boardies here. But this trailer... highly disappointed me. I couldn't care less that it showed very little of the costume. I've seen the costume. I'm fine without seeing more. What I wanted to to do was sell me on Andrew Garfield as a better Peter Parker than Tobey McGuire. It shouldn't be hard to top his performance. All you have to do is be a good actor who can deliver lines well and not look so damned depressed all the time.

This did not do that. If anything Garfield looks much WORSE than Tobey did. I don't know if they think a reboot of Spidey has to be dark Knight levels of depressing, but it does NOT. All I saw was dreary, dark, and a Peter Parker with less emotion than f**king Edward F**king Cullen with the same douchebag hairdo as the former. This movie was better off before this trailer was released. I dub thee a failure trailer. You haven't made me want to see this film . You've made me want to skip it. And that's sad for a movie I've defended for a long time.

i had high hopes for Andrew Garfield, he was great in that episode of doctor who, in imaginarium of doctor parnassus and awesome in the social network....what have you done to him sony???

meh ill see it and hopefully ill be proven wrong, atleast Dr. conners will finally get to bee front and center

failure trailer

Surprisingly difficult to say aloud. I keep saying "failer trailer" or "failure trailure." The Avengers thing was pretty cool, but I didn't watch the Spidey video. I have no faith in that movie. I expect it to be a turd, and I've decided to accept that and let it be whatever it will be. I did that with Wolverine, and ya know what? That movie, incredibly stupid though it is, is actually pretty fun. Same strategy had wonderfully delightful results for First Class* and pretty good results for Revenge of the Sith** but somewhat less successful results for Police Academy 5***. So, my point, if I even have a point, is that I'm going to see Spiderman: The Reboot, but I want to do so without letting my initial expectations get in the way.

*Side effects may include increased expectations for future installments.

**Spoiler alert: Jar Jar still doesn't die.

***Do not view.

Yeah, hard to be disappointed when you have no expectations.

I still don't understand the point of rebooting Spider-Man and having yet another origin this soon. Completely recasting the entire franchise but have it sequentially numbered 4 would have been fine. James Bond movies have gotten away with process this for 40+ years. The audience understands the concept of Spider-Man, just do a well-written stand alone story with the characters already introduced in previous films, and if the script justifies it, you can even bring back supposedly "dead" characters like the Orborns and Doc Ock. They could have easily just written Mary Jane out by having her modeling career take off and have her be in Europe, and brought Gwen Stacy in as the new love interest.

The impression I get is that they want to do Spidey as a teen, in high school, and so it couldn't follow chronologically from what Raimi did. And in my opinion, the Raimi movies didn't explore that part of Spidey in great depth, and there are great potential stories to be told from that angle, so I don't mind the re-boot examining a younger Spidey. But I still don't think they need to spend an hour getting to his origin, and hope they don't here. I say--spend 15 minutes showing him as a nerd, show him getting bit, then spend the next hour and 15 minutes exploring him as a nerd who is also Spidey.

I agree with you karamazov,We don't need to see his origins again.But Since there is the red goblin and the lizard,they might change up the time of his as a nerd and spiderman.But honestly,am I the only one who thought the spidey P.O.V was awesome?

oh and for the avengers teaser,the video is blurry so I can't really say anything but it's awesome to see them all in one trailer!

Oh, thank heavens. I was gonna loose it.

I'm so sick of colour/gender variants of characters. Red Hulk, Red She-Hulk, Lady Bullseye, Ms sinister, X-23 etc . . .

It's turning into a Dr. Seuss book.

One hulk, Two Hulk - Red Hulk, blue Hulk!

This is what wiki has to say about this version of the proto goblin" It was revealed that soon after Norman had Stromm arrested for embezzlement, he had found only a portion of the notes detailing his partner's serum. Norman tests the incomplete version of the serum on an Oscorp employee named Nels Van Adder, driving Van Adder slowly insane and beginning his transformation into a red, demon-like being known as the "Proto-Goblin". Killing several people and blaming Norman for what has happened to him, Adder proceeds to harass and later attempts to kill him before being knocked out a window in Oscorp by Arthur and George Stacy and fleeing into the wild. In order to escape conviction for what he had done to Van Adder, Norman convinces the police that Van Adder had been experimenting on himself, and that he had secretly been trying to help him. Van Adder's current fate remains unrevealed.[1]As well as endowing Adder with super strength and agility, the Goblin Serum also gave him large claws, talons, fangs, glowing green eyes, and near impenetrable skin (capable of withstanding several close range bullet shots).The Proto-Goblin appears as a boss in Spider-Man: Battle for New York. He will reportedly be featured as a villain in the upcoming film The Amazing Spider-Man in which he will be played by Irrfan Khan.[2] [3]"

SPOILERS

I see... what nonsense.

Does that mean Norman Osborn is supposed to be in ASM?

Haven't seen him cast so my guess is that he'll be kinda like the Mandarin in Iron Man, offscreen and waiting for his chance.

Either like what you said trekker or maybe a cameo of Norman or Harry?There will be oscorp,Andrew said in the sdcc panel that that's where he makes his web shooters,then stops himself because he realized he might revile something