UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TF 3 Dark of the Moon

gambitron

I went last night to see TF 3 with my best friend who is a TF junkie. Although it was slightly bettr than the second movie it was still full of little things that just made me think WTF! It was full of Baysplosions as expected and the robot fights were cool to watch but not much else to report from this one. What did you all think?

I at least got to cleanse my palate by going to see Cars 2 this morning with my kids and really enjoyed that one.

As long as they mostly shut up and let the robots shoot each other, it should be better than the last one. Bay knows how to blow stuff up, it when he attempts his brand of "comedy" I cringe. See also "plot" and "acting".

I saw the early 9:00 PM premiere with two friends and we loved the crap out of it. It blows RotF out of the water, and for a Bay film it's surprisingly good; it does still have Bay's cheap shots at humor which tend to get annoying, but if you survive those into the second half then it's totally worth it; the robot fights are worth whatever you pay for it.

I think I'm going to damn the torpedoes on this one and see it. I don't expect much... Just an improvement over Revenge of the Fallen. As long as I get that, there will be some satisfaction.

I wonder if anyone out there is brave enough to fanedit ROTF. Like the Phantom Menace it might improve, no WOULD improve, with a good amount of cutting all kinds of bull**** out. Not a project for me considering I don't have the tools... but maybe for someone braver...

I think I'm going to damn the torpedoes on this one and see it. I don't expect much... Just an improvement over Revenge of the Fallen. As long as I get that, there will be some satisfaction.

I wonder if anyone out there is brave enough to fanedit ROTF. Like the Phantom Menace it might improve, no WOULD improve, with a good amount of cutting all kinds of bull**** out. Not a project for me considering I don't have the tools... but maybe for someone braver...

Unlike Phantom Menace and Send in the Clones, who could benifit greatly from cutting out serveral scenes, RotF needs more than that. Sure, we could edit out most of his parents "funny" scenes, Limit the RFD's screen time. lessen the twins dialogue, dramatically shorten the "hiding and moping" sequences and eliminate all the leg humping. You know what? Still would not make that final fight squence any less lame.

I saw it yesterday and enjoyed it for what it was. While watching, you almost want the decepticons to win and enslave humanity because all the human characters are DREADED.

Overall, it just has too many bad parts to make it what actually COULD have been really good!

Edited by Punisher

I saw it yesterday and enjoyed it for what it was. While watching, you almost want the decepticons to win and enslave humanity because all the human characters are DREADED.

Overall, it just has too many bad parts to make it what actually COULD have been good!

I've wanted them to win for the past two movies. I hate every human in this series. Michael Bay most of all. He takes a legitimately good actor (Shia) and has him do the worst things... I know Shia is good. I liked him in Crystal Skull. But seriously with a director this bad at the human element...

Bay should stick to what he is VERY good at: Blowing shit up and making us go "Oooo! That was COOL!" More of that in this series and less "humor" would make it into possibly the best action series since Die Hard.

so DotM came in second behind the Tom Hanks/Julia Roberts movie, eh? Interesting. Nice of this acursed series to go out on a whimper than a bang.

So, I know I've said this before, but what if the Deceptions are really the good guys? They seem content to chill out, hiding where ever, rescuing Megatron from the Humans, restoring their home planet from the war with the Autobots. Really we only have Optimus' word that the Decepticons are the bad guys and we know we can't trust him. He murders people in cold blood. Really the Decepticons only falling is that they don't respect the humans as being alive. And seriously, if you lived in a Michel Bay "pause, look dramatically up" movie, would you think the humans were alive?

. . .enslave humanity because all the human characters are DREADED.

Nice of this acursed series to go out on a whimper than a bang.

Is this national "post like an 80s cartoon villain" day or something :D

Edited by karamazov80

I actually didnt mind it that much. The reviews I had read/seen had me fearing the worse and while I cant see it winning any acting oscars for the majority of the movie when the action finaly kicked in I liked it.

Best for me is Sentinel Prime being the Anti Spock.

so DotM came in second behind the Tom Hanks/Julia Roberts movie, eh? Interesting. Nice of this acursed series to go out on a whimper than a bang.

Um... it set a new July fourth weekend record and made close to 200 million. That ain't a whimper. Just take solice that the Bay era is over and in another few years when things get "reimagined" maybe, just maybe folks can look and behave like "themselves".

By no means was Transformers 3 a great movie. Not even close. Many things made no sense, the movie was FAR too long for what it was trying to tell, and the acting, save for Patrick Dempsey and the robots, was the usual garbage. But by God it was a heck of a lot of fun! Leonard Nimoy's in particular was awesome. Did I love it? No. Did I like it more than Revenge of the Fallen? Oh heck yeah. In Revenge of the Fallen quite a lot of the movie had nothing to do with the movie. Filler was what most of ROTF was. The decepticon pretender chick? Filler. Most of the time spent with the Twins? Filler. The Love Interest angle? Filler, totally filler. College? Filler. This movie, while not without filler as it's well over 2 hours, certainly TRIED to keep to the plot more than Revenge of the Fallen did. And it did keep to the promise it made as the last section of the movie began: We will kill them all. This had high stakes, and it showed. Now if the Devastator was in THIS movie, perhaps he would have had the respect he deserved. Interestingly enough the character that hardly got any screentime was freakin Megatron! For the last two movies he's been, as this movie pointed out, somebody's lackey. I'm kinda sorry to see such a fantastic villain reduced to the position this film put him in. The poor guy had far too little to do in a movie that, if this truly is the end of Transformers (And the way they ended it, there's not much left), should have been his movie. The classic fight is Prime vs Megatron. If they plan to end it, it should have ended with them.

Final thoughts: I hate Revenge of the Fallen. MOST of Revenge of the Fallen I should say. The end of the film of Revenge of the Fallen nearly made up for it.

Dark of the Moon was what Revenge of the Fallen deserved to be. Tighter storyline (by no means tight though) with more of the robots than the last two movies combined. I now want to see the inevitable reboot without Michael Bay and with justice done to the Transformers. Hollywood, make it happen.

6/10

That's my full review. Other comments include: most of the reviews accentuated the negative which made this movie a lot better than it would have been had I gone in thinking it was going to be awesome.

Also: HOLY SHIT LASERBEAK WAS SO DAMN AWESOME!

It was average at best. I wanted to see a lot more of the robot characters' personalities. I was really hoping for more of Sideswipe slicing fools up with his swords. Nope. ...and who was the red Ferrari?

Mirage/Deino ("Deino" Ferrari), favorite new character from the film, very suave, unique style.

It was average at best. I wanted to see a lot more of the robot characters' personalities. I was really hoping for more of Sideswipe slicing fools up with his swords. Nope. ...and who was the red Ferrari?

Mirage/Deino ("Deino" Ferrari), favorite new character from the film, very suave, unique style.

That award goes to Laserbeak for me. Sneaky little bastard and he had a hell of a lot of fun on his killing spree. As an audience member I had fun with him. I loved how he could transform into anything that was relatively his size. I just wish he didn't go out in such a bitch fashion. If there was any Transformer I'd like to see the humans fight it's Laserbeak. Imagine a survival horror style hunt for Laserbeak in an office building, somewhat like Alien's hunt on the Nostramo, but with a sneakier and smarter enemy. That would make for a hell of a good scene.

Took the kids yesterday. They loved it. The plot was a mix of the old cartoon episodes "The Ultimate Doom" and "Megatron's Master Plan". There were a few things that could have used some explination,

like exactly how Megatron got into such sorry shape.

But overall it was a fun ride if you didn't think too much about it. Unfortunately, on the way home, I started thinking about it.

So I get why Prime faked getting on the Xanthium, I do. But exactly how is it heroic to wait 12 or more hours, and let the Con's kill at minimum a few hundred thousands humans and wreck a city to make sure the humans realize how bad they need you? That's a level of cold and uncaring I associate with Megatron or Shockwave, not Optimus. One line about getting there as quickly as they could would have fixed it, but as written it makes the Autobots look pretty manipulatively evil in their own right.

"This is why I hate machines."

And then there's the "heroic" ending. His foe defeated, Optimus shoots him in the back. And when that fails to kill him, Optimus shoots Sentinel in the head. Blood thirsty Optimus is nothing new in this series, but up till now these have been heat of combat kills. Here he not only coldly executes a defeated foe, but momments before kills Megatron when Ol' Megs has suggested a flag on truce. Yeah, you heard me. Apparently I'm just old fasion, but nothing I've ever read or seen of ANY Optimus in the last 28 years even hints of that being in character for him.

Even having said all that, I overall enjoyed the movie. Starscream was in character. Carly served her role as eye-candy well. And Dr. Arkevi... Dylan was a fun douchebag villain.

mirymate the state of megatrons condition was explained in the second film o.O

See I dont remember Megs

being in that bad a shape

at the last movie's end, but okay. I don't remember say,

the gapping hole in his skull

. Just saying.

i dont know how to use spoilers on my phone but i can tell you he did have that amount of damage after his fight with optimus in the second film

Fight? Oh you mean ass kicking. There was hardly any fight between Megs and Prime in the end of the last movie. Kinda sucks.

What I REALLY liked in this movie was how they implemented Optimus's trailer. In the show it just kinda... disappeared? Weird physics puzzle no question. But having it be a mobile transforming armory was actually really badass.

Also if you want to spoiler on your phone: if it's a phone with the full range of options a keyboard has, just type in a spoiler tag like this:

To end it it's the same thing except with a "/" before the "s" in Spoiler.