UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TF 3 Dark of the Moon

gambitron

Maybe its just Autobots=Bad, Decepticons=Worse, Humans=mostly just stupid, but with descent eye candy.

And everyones' nature slowly reversed as the series progressed. Optimus started out fairly wimpy who got his skid plate whipped and needed help to beat Megatron, by the end of the 3rd he's a ruthless killing machine. Megatron went from unbeatable in a straight fight, to getting beat down, then killed. Sam goes from dork, to dork who can trade up one hottie for another. And Simmons goes from comedy relief idiot to spymaster.

Not sure exactly what you guys are talking about as I'm boycotting TF3 till it shows up in my netflix queue.

words of wisdom, Lurch!

My friend dragged me along (though, she said,"we can see it in IMAX." and I will watch just about anything in IMAX) and as much as I've enjoyed the franchise, the movie is too long for the plot slamming. We both found ourselves saying, oh btw why did they have hair? or why was Megatron wearing a scarf? or why did they find it necessary to explain the plot after they showed us something? What we came up with was this:

Michael Bay does explosions and destruction, not plot and dialogue.

Does it bother anyone else that the cars/trucks are pristine, but the autobots are dinged and scraped?

To which people say "You don't need it. Just enjoy the destruction! It doesn't have to be Inception!"

I enjoy thing better when I know what the hell is going on. Plot and dialog are not optional with me. They're key. If you can't pull me into the movie through my mind, shiny explosions sure aren't going to do it. No, it doesn't have to be Inception. But Thor wasn't bad, was it?

Does it bother anyone else that the cars/trucks are pristine, but the autobots are dinged and scraped?

Because Hasbro may be selling toy robots, but GM is trying to sell cars. No one likes to see dinged up cars in a 2 1/2 hour comercial. Note no Autobot ever dies in cars mode either. Product placement, baby!