UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

R.I.P. Macho Man Randy Savage

He will be sorely missed. He was without a doubt one of the all time greatest wrestling celebrities. I was glad to have met him in person back in my younger years. RIP Macho Man.... Ooooo yeah!

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Of course! That dastardly fiend Jake the Snake ruined their night by putting a Cobra in one of their wedding gifts.

Wrestlemania 3 will probably be my most well-remembered Macho Man memory (vs. Steamboat for the IC title), but he had many--winning the title in WM IV, Mega Powers and then fighting Hogan at WM V, feuding with Honky Tonk Man and getting hit by the guitar, all the commentary work he did, etc. Amazing entertainer.

holy shit! Macho Man was may fav right after Flair. Wow I was hoping the same thing as the Junk.

Probably the only guy in the WWF in that time period that was really able to emerge from Hogan's shadow... a great talent and entertainer. Very sad. Whatever the WWE does now to honor his memory (which, I'm assuming, will include the HOF next year) is too little, too late. RIP.

Well, in fairness, if the rumors of his falling out with McMahon are true, then I think McMahon's behavior is more than understandable.

Please explain. It's been a while since I heard any good wrestling gossip.

Here's another great Macho Man interview. I love how Savage would just go off on a tangent midway through an interview like he had ADD. In this case Gene Okerlund's mustache falls victim to Savage's comments. LOL

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Here's another great Macho Man interview. I love how Savage would just go off on a tangent midway through an interview like he had ADD. In this case Gene Okerlund's mustache falls victim to Savage's comments. LOL

Oh man that mustache comment in the video made me bust a gut. Randy will truly be missed.

Well, in fairness, if the rumors of his falling out with McMahon are true, then I think McMahon's behavior is more than understandable.

Please explain. It's been a while since I heard any good wrestling gossip.

The rumor is that Macho either messed around with Stephanie or said some lude things to her when she was underage or something like that. It did have to do with Stephanie. One thing that's weird is that HHH i think is ok with him so who knows what is true. The rumors were that Vince was going to let up on the freeze on Macho Man. I think any time creative mentioned him he would always veto anything about Macho.

I know that McMahon didn't dig on Savage because he was competition. I'm not sure if it ever went public since I stopped being a wrestling follower years ago. But, I was doing a show with Public Enemy (yeah I used to be in the Midwest indies.....) and was taking a piss next to Rocco Rock and he was telling me about getting a call from Macho Man about helping out with starting TNA. So if all that held true then I'm sure he wanted nothing to do with him.

I know that McMahon didn't dig on Savage because he was competition. I'm not sure if it ever went public since I stopped being a wrestling follower years ago. But, I was doing a show with Public Enemy (yeah I used to be in the Midwest indies.....) and was taking a piss next to Rocco Rock and he was telling me about getting a call from Macho Man about helping out with starting TNA. So if all that held true then I'm sure he wanted nothing to do with him.

nah, I think its the Stephanie thing. K-80 is right.