UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Dark Knight Rises ~spoilers inside~

youbastards

that costume makes me think that Nolan has dropped the ball, I loved what he did with Scarecrow and Bane, he went for what worked in his story before all else, i can respect that, this, this is just ugly, and its almost worse than what they did to Green Goblin or Galactus

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that costume makes me think that Nolan has dropped the ball, I loved what he did with Scarecrow and Bane, he went for what worked in his story before all else, i can respect that, this, this is just ugly, and its almost worse than what they did to Green Goblin or Galactus

With all due respect, no... really, no.

With all due respect, no... really, no.

Yeah. If nothing else, this looks amazing. It'll work, and it'll be fine. Have a little faith. Nolan hasn't been wrong yet. Remember everyone (myself included) complaining about his choice for the Joker?

....How is it ugly? It's even more comic accurate than anything at the time of Pfieffer.

And worse than Green Goblin or Galactus? REALLY?? This is worse than the green armor or a space cloud?? :no: I'm not sure how you think Bane works while you say this does not.

Again, only issue i have is the heels. Well, slightly the pistol, but mainly the heels.

As I said, my issue isn't the comicbook likeness, its that it doesn't work in Nolans series, all his other villains were redesigned to fit his story, this seems it was redesigned to make hathaway extremely uncomfortable. And I meant that this pisses me off more then the fact that they changed goblin or galactus to fit the film, because this is changing the character to not fit the film.

As I said, my issue isn't the comicbook likeness, its that it doesn't work in Nolans series, all his other villains were redesigned to fit his story, this seems it was redesigned to make hathaway extremely uncomfortable. And I meant that this pisses me off more then the fact that they changed goblin or galactus to fit the film, because this is changing the character to not fit the film.

You don't know that though.

We know nothing about Nolan's Catwoman. You're basing it on the fact that he changes everything to fit his universe; Catwoman is already realistic enough to not change. What we know is that she lives the Bruce Wayne socialite life, but relates to the underprivileged and down-trodden.

For all we know, she could break into Lucius's gear storage basement and steals/makes a costume. She has a techy catsuit, goggles, and a masquerade mask. I'm not seeing how this is different than anything else.

And Goblin and Galactus were different reasons and studios entirely, you can't really compare them.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah... they are so killing Bruce in this movie. Or at the very least if Bruce lives, it won't be for lack of trying.

I'll add this is going to be 2008 all over again... that year Marvel set a very high bar early with Iron Man. DC exceeded it. This year from all reports the Avengers has raised the bar even higher... and the ball is back in Nolan's court. Can he beat Marvel again? And more importantly, can he top his own last effort or will this be yet another movie on the trilogy pile with a disappointing finish? No pressure.

• 1 month later...

I'm stoked to see this. I am still a bit baffled by Bane and his origins, but otherwise the trailers have me wanting to see the film. Catwoman is unnecessary in this film IMO.

i actually am going to the trilogy :D i went to the avengers marathon back in may, so the group of friends i went with has convinced me to go to this one too :P

im excited for this movie because i love batman and nolan, even if im not too keen on catwoman or banes changes

I'm stoked to see this. I am still a bit baffled by Bane and his origins, but otherwise the trailers have me wanting to see the film. Catwoman is unnecessary in this film IMO.

Yeah, based on the trailers anyway, Catwoman seems a bit tacked on, but we'll see. In my view though, it would have been nice if Nolan could have rounded out the primary Bat-villains with his franchise--still missing Riddler and Penguin from those ranks.

Yeah, based on the trailers anyway, Catwoman seems a bit tacked on, but we'll see. In my view though, it would have been nice if Nolan could have rounded out the primary Bat-villains with his franchise--still missing Riddler and Penguin from those ranks.

I thought Poison Ivy and Mr. Freeze would be cool in Nolan-vision as well. I think it's a bit too soon to judge Catwoman. The only gripe I have is that if Catwoman, in that costume, can work, so could Robin (or a Robin analogue).

I doubt I could sit through it, but that trilogy poster is pretty cool.

Poison Ivy, being my all-time favorite comic villain, would have been a total treat to see in Nolan's eye. I've always preferred her as a mix of Classic Poison Ivy and Pam Isely before Ivy in that The Batman cartoon, than superpowered. Nolan's vision of her, i imagine, would have gone REALLY well; just make her a terrorist who decided to use the League of Shadows and their vendetta as a way to send a message, tear down Gotham, and instill such a sense of fear to the world about the environment that she becomes a huge threat; she still has the Shadows as her muscle, though i imagine Bane would betray her before her plans unfold.

Freeze is more out-there but the backstory would be beautiful.

As for The Dark Knight Rises....i dunno. I'm torn. There's a LOT in this movie i'm worried about. The actors are not at all what i imagine the characters as. Bane is all wrong, no way to justify it; the design is eye-catching the story is meaningful, but NOT as Bane (IE, it would work better as a new guy, not Bane). There's also that 8 year jump, and just...a lot of things.

I trust Nolan, but he really pisses me off; he relies a lot on doing the unexpected. Riddler would have been the perfect ending, and everyone wanted it. Instead...we get this. MY favorite Batman film is Begins, because Nolan got practically everything right and didn't appear to be trying hard to make people love it (and the costume is just better 100%). TDKR is just not looking promising. I'll say this, the Catwoman stuff looks...fun. I like the design minus the pistols and the heels, i just wish is wasn't Hathaway.

I want to be excited and i'm sure i'll have backlash for a few remarks (i tried to be as nice as possible writing this...), but it's just not shaping up to be what i expect it to be. We'll see what happens.