UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Possible Reason We Don't Have DC Minimates now?

monkeycrumb

DC C3 Minimate sets ran from 2003 to 2005. DC Lego ran from 2006 to 2008.

They did not make construction sets at the same time.

DC minimates 2-packs ran from 2007 to 2008, on a work-for-hire basis for DST under the umbrella of DC Direct.

DST wants the DC *license*, NOT to make them as work-for-hire for DC Direct.

Edited by monkeycrumb

Still nothing at that link.

Basically, someone on Raving Toy Maniac posted "DC Minimates return!" and the above link. Starting to smell like very uncool shenanigans...

Nobody else who has responded has been able to get the link to work, except one guy who said, "I'm blah on them. Scarecrow?!?"

Edited by Lobsterman

I call bullshit:

http://www.dccomics.com/sites/events/?con=...eshow=spiderman

you can change the con, the year, and the "sideshow=" to whatever you want and it will bring up the same page rather then a "page not found error."

So unless DC will be showing Spider-man related items at Wackyfest 2021 I call bullshit.

It just seems like such a finely tuned but random hoax to pull. I mean, going to the trouble to figure out DC's website domain structure, then posting a fake link, then posting under another name seemingly confirming the sighting, all on a toy board than doesn't have all that much chatter about minimates to begin with. If someone was just trolling, there would have been much better lines to post fake news about on that particular board.

Anyway, yeah. Bummed I got all excited over shenanigans....

• 1 month later...