UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

spare part compulsion?

On a run to pick up a very specific item for a custom I am working on, I managed to pick up minimate packs that I do not collect only because I thought the hair-piece might one day come in handy for a quick custom or a future custom project.

For example: The Biker T-800 with Kyle Reese, because I thought Kyle's hair might be a good one to have. The TRU Invisible Woman, because I like the hair and I can't have too many flight stands.

Anyone else find themselves purchasing and hoarding pieces? Is it the customizers blight?

oh yeah!! justify buying multiples all the time for that reason :whistling:

Usually when new Minimates are shown, the first thing I do is try and think of what I can make from them. But I don't really buy doubles, I just sacrifice the official ones. I'm much more happy to have, say, Marvel Girl missing her little glove cuffs then I am a custom. On occasion, if someone is important enough to me (and cannibalized enough) I'll replace them loose, but I rarely buy doubles without having an idea in mind about what I'm going to do with them.

I'll chime in as I have before that I have a huge tote full of spare parts and accessories in addition to all the extras that come from my normal Minimates. I've even bought huge lots of parts to add to the tote. And I've never done anything with them. I really don't know why I do it other than I'm a sick individual.

when I used to customize I hoarded stuff left and right. Though it really had more to do with my completist issues. I always collected doubles of everything and cannibalized the doubles for customs. Now I no longer customize and collect only one of each figure that I plan to open. I still have issues opening figures up.

I'll chime in as I have before that I have a huge tote full of spare parts and accessories in addition to all the extras that come from my normal Minimates. I've even bought huge lots of parts to add to the tote. And I've never done anything with them. I really don't know why I do it other than I'm a sick individual.

I'm the same I have lots of doubles of figures because I see a part and think that would work well for such and such a figure. I too have not done any customising but I still buy cheap figures if a part sparks my imagination.

All my extras are in a fishing tackle box.

I always buy two of the TRU exclusives in case of breakage/misplace a part/need a part for a custom since they seem to always go up in price on the secondary market.

I'll also buy extra 2-packs/4-packs for custom pieces. I keep all the extra pieces in a storage chest from the container store.

http://www.containerstore.com/shop/storage...2561&Nao=16