UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

RIP Leslie Nielsen

dj87

well yeah, Leslie Nielsen has passed away today/yesterday (depending on your time zone). Really upsetting news, I absolutely love the Naked Gun films and Airplane. When I first heard there were plenty of tears, going to get into bed and watch Naked Gun now... a real comic great, will be sorely missed, RIP x

Whilst that is sad news whenever I see his face I smile because he was just superb in 'Airplane' which must rank as one of the funniest films I've ever seen.

I guess everybody must have seen Forbidden Planet ,one of his earliest films,but if you haven't ....do so......it still knocks spots off many modern films!

Surely you'll be missed. RIP.

Edited by buttheadsmate

:(

Leslie Nielsen came to speak to my High School, in 1993 or 1994, some kind of an anti-drug campaign I think. He was hilarious, but we couldn't tell if he was being himself or his Frank Drebben character. He had a hearing aid that wasn't working right and he was using a joke hand buzzer, and it was all very surreal. EXACTLY what you would want from Leslie Nielsen visiting a high school on an anti-drug campaign. :thumbsup:

He will be missed.

Surely you'll be missed. RIP.

Don't call him Shirley...

Man this sucks. News like this can really ruin an automatically sucky day. But hey, we all have to go sometime. Now all we have to do is wait for the Police Squad remake and bash the guy doing Drebbin because he's not Leslie Nielsen