seven of nine

next series

ds9

kira odo

tng

data laforge

voyager

torres paris

Unfortunately, DST/AA have cancelled all Star Trek Minimates at this time.

We have Kirk (Captain, Battle-damaged, dress uniform, Trouble with Tribbles, Gladiator, Mirror, and Admiral).

We have Spock (regular, from "the Cage", dress uniform, Spock's Brain, elf Spock, Mirror and Unification Spock).

We have Scotty (regular, Movie Duty Uniform and Movie Dress Uniform). We have Sulu, naked-time Sulu and Mirror Sulu. We have Uhura and Mirror Uhura. We have McCoy (regular, sickbay, and dress uniform). We have Chekov and Mirror Marlena Moreau. We have Decker and Ilia. We have Rand and Chapel. We have Captain Pike and Vina.

We also have Khan, a Klingon, a Gorn and Sarek all from the original Series.

We have a Borg Drone and Picard from TNG and we have Captain Sisko and Gul Dukat from DS9 with a variant of Commander Sisko.

I wish we would have gotten more. I would love to have complete bridge crews for all the series. I would like to get a Riker, Troi, LaForge, Data, Worf, Dr. Crusher (and a Guinan, and Yar and Q and Gowron) along with a Ferengi, a Romulan, a TNG era Klingon. Lore would have been easy as well.

I would like to get Kira, Odo, O'Brien, Dax (both Jadzia and Ezri) DS9 Worf, Quark, Morn, Jem'Hadar, a Founder, a Vorta, Bashir, Vedek Winn, Vedek Bariel, Kia Opaka, Keiko, Jake, Rom and Nog. A Miradorn, a hunter and a tosk.

I would like to see Janeway, Chakotay, Kim, Torres, Paris, Tuvok, 7of9, Kes and Neelix. Also the EMH, Leonardo daVinci, Icheb, Borg Drones and Borg Queen, Kazon, Vidiian and maybe another alien or two.

I would like to see Archer, Trip, T'Pol, Sato, Mayweather, Reed, Phlox, a Suliban, a Klingon and a Klingon-augment (no ridges). The Xindi (arboreal, primate, aquatic, insectoid and the extinct avian). Then Shran and a few Andorians and Aenar.

I can dream but I will not hold my breath for them. I wish the TOS Shuttle would have been made which would have come with a battle damaged Spock but no they had to cancel it.

I have made a few quick customs one of which was a Captain Janeway. (pic posted in two or three other threads.)

Thank you for sharing and I hope that one day they do make the rest of the Trek crews for us the fans of both Trek and Minimates.

Have a great day.

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly loved the Star Trek minimates. It sucked that they died right when they started to get into the Next Generation and DS9 as I really would have collected the heck out of them, but as pointed out, it was not meant to be.

I suppose we can look at it that we got the entire original crew at least, including minor roles like Chapel and Rand, but the thought of no NG, DS9, and yes, even Voyager and Enterprise, saddens me.

I look back at the final waves when the non-Original Series stuff was being released and honestly, kinda wish they had left out the movie stuff to add more NG and DS9 characters.

Didn't DST decide to not do TNG in the Minimate line because they already had TNG in another line?

Never heard of that. I know they were doing the larger 6-inch scale figures, but they were doing the Original Series guys in that format as well...

Based on Chucks repeated comments on the Trek line, I wouldn't put money on it. I am, however, shocked that lines like Ghostbusters and Back To The Future can thrive on character repeats and anniversary box sets, while Trek flames out. There have to be way more rabid Trek fans than GB or BTTF ones...

I think with Back to the Future and GB, collectors have no where else to go. It's either Minimates or nothing. There are plenty of options with Star Trek. DST just did a piss-poor job of managing the ST line. By wave 2, all of the main cast from TOS was done. There was absolutely no need to revisit the same characters over and over again with pointless variants. DST should have plunged into the rest of the universe. Instead they hesitantly dipped their toes and gave us weird, un-themed waves with TOS, Movie, TNG/DS9. Even with the Marvel license, unthemed waves just don't seem to generate the same level of excitement. But, you know, coulda shoulda woulda.

Anyway, I'd love to see some Anniversary TNG sets.

Based on Chucks repeated comments on the Trek line,

I agree, but Chuck also has a history of changing his tune when oppurtunity arrives. We were never supposed to get henchmen armybuilders in the Marvel line according to Chuck. TRU was never going to carry Minimates again. BSG was over after wave 3, etc. Heck, Chuck didn't think Marvel Minimates would get past 15 waves!

2013 is a long way off in American pop culture. If specialty retailers are cutting back on Star Trek product now due to fan fatigue, we will see a few years go by without Trek product in stores. Nostalgia for The Next Generation will hit in the coming years. The key indicator will be ebay prices for Trek Minimates in 2012. If they are moving for well over retail, we will see more Trek Minimates.

I wouldn't worry. I predict we will see TNG Minimates in 2013.

2012 is the 25th Anniversary of The Next Generation debute. The nostalgia factor will bring these back. Mark my words.

the next Star Trek movie is also due out in 2012, so hopefully that'll help get some new mates out. maybe even some based on the new flicks. and if the vehicles do well, maybe we can get the shuttlecraft and, if i'm allowed to dream, a bridge and transporter room playset! :yes: heck, i'd even go for a sickbay set!

i really hope so, Star Trek was what got me into Minimates in the first place. it was the only line i was gonna collect, but we all know how that goes! :D