UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Mutants 4 Pack Press Photos

DaveOMac

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See - this is why they shouldn't have put Asteroid M Magneto in the allegedly '90's' box Set. If they had put Omega Red in that set, we could have had a Mirage, Magma, Cypher, Asteroid M Magneto box-set to round out our new mutants.

Since Mags is out - maybe we'll see a Mirage, Magma, Cypher, white Queen set? *Sigh* No - that'd be too many females in one set :(

Ah well - Great Artwork Serge_Havok :thumbsup:

Edited by Nessex

See - this is why they shouldn't have put Asteroid M Magneto in the allegedly '90's' box Set. If they had put Omega Red in that set, we could have had a Mirage, Magma, Cypher, Asteroid M Magneto box-set to round out our new mutants.

Since Mags is out - maybe we'll see a Mirage, Magma, Cypher, white Queen set? *Sigh* No - that'd be too many females in one set :(

Ah well - Great Artwork Serge_Havok :thumbsup:

i doubt we'll get a separate Cypher consider Warlocke comes with Doug's head... but that would be nice! also, i have the solution to the 4th New Mutant character... Mirage, Magma, Cypher and... wait for it... waaaaait for it... BIRD BRAIN!!

sold.

also, i was gonna hold off on buying these and the AoA sets... but then i watched video of Luke opening them i lost what little willpower i had and bought all 3 today!

i doubt we'll get a separate Cypher consider Warlocke comes with Doug's head... but that would be nice! also, i have the solution to the 4th New Mutant character... Mirage, Magma, Cypher and... wait for it... waaaaait for it... BIRD BRAIN!!

sold.

Nonono...not Bird-Brain!!! I'd go with Magneto in this costume -

magneto-bigcostume5.jpg

Mirage is pretty much done, featuring newly reworked hair and boots (with tassles). The belt is taken from Black Widow (from some GREAT suggestions earlier in this thread). I can't tell if I need to redo the skintone to make it a tad redder. Right now she's just reusing the Rahne spare head from the NYCC set.

Iron-Cow, those look amazing! :)

For Mirage's head, have you considered the Tory from BSG? That was my plan for my Mirage custom, but I've been putting it off anticipating she will show up at TRU.

Loving the customs, I.C.! I think the elongated arms look great on Wolfsbane. I don't know if the cut is to your liking, but I used Hank Pym (Avengers Box Ant-Man) hair for Cypher -- based on the Battlestar Galactica Classic Starbuck.

Wow.. that's a great suggestion! I even have the Classic Starbuck already (though it feels blasphemous to me to swipe it from Starbuck). Such a perfect piece. I need to re-buy an Apollo anyway, so I can just rebuy the whole set.

Thanks for the suggestion!

I got these from Luke's yesterday (thank you, sirrah!)

I promptly made some quick fixes on Wolfsbane & Cannonball.

I switched Rahne's head for Nurse Chapel's and painted the eyes green. The expression just seemed to be a better match for Rahne. I also swapped Sam's head for Noh-Varr's. It still doesn't capture his youthful awkwardness but it's a bit less stern and the eyes are the right color. Finally, I gave Wolfsbane a Logan hairpiece and tail and added a few patches of fur to match on the body.

rahne1.jpg

sam1.jpg

wolfsbane1.jpg

What do you think?

Edited by Binaryan

I think the tail and hairpiece are both great additions and really help to improve the finished look of the character. What did you use for the tail?

Thanks! I actually sliced it off a small plastic pony my son had in his toy chest and with a little Crazy Glue and paint... voila!

Binary those are some nice additions! I don't remember a set of minimates where we have all proposed so many modifications before. Part of it is obviously because this set is imperfect, but I love seeing how other people modify their collections.

Thanks! I actually sliced it off a small plastic pony my son had in his toy chest and with a little Crazy Glue and paint... voila!

I'm hoping you replaced his toy with something better.

Can I also add that if I didn't know that was a tale in your second picture, I might have thought differently...

Edited by groundhog7s

I like the Wolfsbane but I think the original heads look better on the other two. The Chapel head is a little wall eyed though it does have a younger look. I think the more detailed Sam head works better too... Just my 2 cents. Feel free to tell me to blow it out my a$$.

:)

How'd you match Wolfsbane's brown?

It's actually not quite as exact a match as it appears in the photos... but it's pretty close. I actually wanted it to be a bit redder than the rather flat brown of the original figure. I mixed basic orange and green acrylic paints together until I got a shade I liked.... nothing too fancy, just trial and error.