Mwattsart Customs

mwattsart

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-3754-1288328955_thumb.jpg

Boondock Saints is one of my favorite movies, so this was inevitable. Yes, this is the same background as my monster poker picture in the Halloween thread(printer ink is not cheap when you're on a budget). For the blood, I just used red acrylic paint. All of the criminals in this picture were made from random minimates. Now, onto the Macmanus brothers.

Murphy:

For his hair I used the Peter Parker hair from Spider-Man 3, which I trimmed and repainted. The face is a Yellowjacket face with the goatee painted on. His chect is a Namor chest turned backwards with basic black arms and hands. His jacket is from Multiple Man cut down and painted. The belt, legs and feet are from a BSG minimate.

Connor:

His hair is from Multiple Man. I used the Ultimates Captain America face with the beard painted on. His chest,arms and hands are from Cloak. His jacket is from Senate Hearing Tony Stark. As with Murphy, his belt, legs and feet are from a BSG minimate.

Their guns are Brickarms silenced pistols with the handles trimmed to fit.

post-3754-1288328938_thumb.jpgpost-3754-1288328947_thumb.jpg[

For a few seconds this place was armageddon...There was a firefight!

Big fan of Boondock Saints myself, so great customs. Always thought the Billy Connelly character was the best thing of the movie and they should do a prequel about him.

post-3754-1288731727_thumb.jpg

Shaun from... well obviously, Shaun of the Dead. I was inspired to make this after I bought the senate hearing Tony Stark. The face is an Eddie Brock face with the goatee painted on. The hairpiece is Molecule Man's. The chest piece is the Mark I Ironman from the IM2 set with a sticker paper printout and the white painted on flesh tone arms. I can't remember who's legs these are, but the feet are from Whiplash. As I'm sure is also obvious, the tie is from Senate Hearing Tony Stark. The cricket bat is from brickarms.com. I shaved down the handle and repainted the rest.

This was my first minimate using the spray on dullcote. I did not realise until I sprayed it how much it smells like spray paint. I may make ed in the near future, as I think I have the parts I need.

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah, how did I miss the Saints!? They look frakking AWESOME!!!

Just saw the Saints customs, the faces you picked out work perfect! Really awesome work.

Thank you guys. When I sell these guys, I'm also going to include a Murphy's knife and Connor's f@&king rope.

• 7 months later...

It's been two damn long since I posted something here. So I give to you the Udon Studios version of Taskmaster.

post-3754-0-88893900-1310191474_thumb.jp

This was a lot of fun to make and I will be making Agent X next.

The hood is a sanded down hood from Cloak to get rid of the grooves. The body is from a BSG figure standard suit body without the chest cover piece. The right gauntlet is a combination of the wrist piece and leg attachment from Secret Wars Dr. Doom with a Lego single piece super glued to them. The left wrist band is a repainted Namor wrist band. The gun holster is a repainted George Mason gun holster. The face and leg armor are printouts on sticker paper created in Illustrator. The energy shield is a Lego piece.

I made a separate head for when his hood is down. I will post more pictures when I get the piece I need from a Wolverine Minimate with the mask down, as well as make the energy claws he has in the Udon comics.

• 4 weeks later...

IMG_0864.jpg

Here is my new Ash minimate that I finished yesterday. After seeing BroBotC's Evil Dead minimates, I decided to go ahead and make the new one I was considering for awhile.

The hair is from Brendan Costanza from BSG. The face is a Wolverine face with the facial hair scraped off using an X-Acto blade. I also drew in the cleft on his chin. The right arm and torso are from the Wolfman minimate with the exposed areas painted on with the details added using technical pen. The left arm is a random flesh colored arm. I used sticker paper for his watch. The chainsaw is from the M.A.X. firefighter set with the base part that is a repaint of a wrist part from Tom Brown from the Calico Jack set. The belt is a repaint of one of the BSG belt pieces. The legs and feet are from Whiplash from the Iron Man set. For his Boomstick, I cut down and repainted the gun from the Clint Eastwood movie set. The straps are sticker paper colored with a Tech pen. I cut off a gun holster from a Kree Soldier belt piece, repainted it, and glued it to his back.

• 2 weeks later...

These some minimates I finished a while ago but never did a good photo shoot with. Left 4 Dead is my personal favorite FPS title and I was excited to make these mates.

IMG_0887.jpg

Bill's hat and hair are a combination of M Bison's hat I Altered with an Exacto blade and the hair is from Old Man Logan, as is his face with the eyes painted blue. His jacket and upper arms are repainted from movie Eddie Brock with standard lower arms with arm bracers. His chest is a repaint of movie Deadpool, and his pants are from the same mate.

Zoey's face is from Starbuck from BSG. Her hair, torso and arms are from Cally Tyrol from BSG. Legs are from the blue suits from BSG with the bottoms painted to look rolled up. Her shoes are standard black feet.

Both of them have weapons from Brickarms.

IMG_0886.jpg

Francis' face is from Assault Punisher with the hair and goatee painted on. His chest and arms are flesh tone. I painted the shirt on and drew tattoos on with a fine point paint marker. His vest is from T-800. His legs and feet are from a blue suits BSG minimate. His shotgun is a brickarms.

Louis' head is movie Jim Rhodes with the hair painted over. His chest is from Agent Zero from the Wolverine movie line. His rolled up sleeves are from 90's stroms glove ends repainted. I painted the flesh tone on his arms with Jim Rhodes hands. His pants are standard black with the torn section painted on. His guns are regular minimate black pistols. I made a first aid kit out of a Lego suit case and glued it to his back.

And yes, that is a TPS report near his foot.

IMG_0890.jpg

All the zombies are from a lot of different minimates.

Edited by mwattsart

• 1 year later...

Holy crap. It's been over two years since I posted anything! Here's original customs of me(on the left) and my friend Keith(on the right kicking a zombie) fighting off zombies. I honestly can't remember where the parts came from for these mates. The sweater vest design was hand drawn on sticker paper. The zombies are the random ones I made. All the "blood" is red acrylic paint.

This is for Luke's custom Zombie survivor contest. Going to make a new picture for that contest.

post-3754-0-63240200-1360342393_thumb.jp

Edited by mwattsart