UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

scott pilgrim vs the world

undeadpool

just saw an early screening for this movie and WOW its amazing it was a perfect representation of the comics and SEX BOB-OMB was AWSOME!!! also the demon hipster chicks were a nice touch ;)

Edited by robomate

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't finished reading the books either, but I also heared that the movie has a different ending/plot line, since the movie was made before the last book was finished. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to watch it!

On other bad news: in Germany it won't be shown until Januray 6th 2011!!!! :angry:

:D sorry for misspelling bass im completly stupid when it comes to instruments xD anyway all the bands are referances to classic videogames. im gonna see this movie again tomorrow it was great!

Raise your hand if you are old enough to actually know what a Bob-Omb is :lol:

Hand is up. On a similar note, I've had this stuck in my head all morning.

Scott Pilgrim has always been on my I'll-get-around-to-reading-it list, but this movie looks like a lot of fun.

cant wait to see this, but want to eait untill i finished all the books first

You're going to eat the books? :P

Edited by Turtle

cant wait to see this, but want to eait untill i finished all the books first

You're going to eat the books? :P

hey what can i say paper tastes nice :P also i do have a friend who eat paper envelopes if that interests you

back on track this film does look amazing and i think Micheal Cera was a perfect choice for Scott

Edited by mini nugget

I saw the commercial, and thought the movie looked weird in that it was referencing these 20+ year old video games, despite many of the characters apparently being in their late mid-teens. The nod to Super Mario is illustrative of that. You would think that the kids they apparently are targeting would have had PS2s/Gamecubes as their first video game systems. Not NES.

Edited by karamazov80

Well, then it makes sense for the comic as of the time it was released. Perhaps they are targeting 30-somethings with this movie? I didn't get that impression from commercials.

And kids, don't listen to ABBA. If you must listen to music of the 70s, there are much better alternatives.

Well, then it makes sense for the comic as of the time it was released. Perhaps they are targeting 30-somethings with this movie? I didn't get that impression from commercials.

And kids, don't listen to ABBA. If you must listen to music of the 70s, there are much better alternatives.

KISS, Elvis, Cash FTW!

Yaknow, I'm completely mixed on this movie. literally half and half. I kinda want to see what it's about. However it honestly looks quite mediocre. I've never read the comic so... I don't know if I should see this or finally get around to Despicable Me. I've seen everything else I want to see at least twice. Never saw that one...

Advice?

KISS, Elvis, Cash FTW!

Yaknow, I'm completely mixed on this movie. literally half and half. I kinda want to see what it's about. However it honestly looks quite mediocre. I've never read the comic so... I don't know if I should see this or finally get around to Despicable Me. I've seen everything else I want to see at least twice. Never saw that one...

Advice?

Advice?

Go spend $56 on the books, read them, love them, and proceed to see the movie.

And Despicable Me was pretty good. I think my biggest problem with it was that they didn't use the music from the trailers (Big Bad Voodoo Daddy) which made a lot of things feel less interesting.

Just saw it. I don't think I've ever had so much fun watching a movie!

I was in a continual state of pooping my pants out of excitement throughout the entire movie.

And I'm happy to admit that.

Agreed!Just saw it Today,and loved it!

:yes:

Edited by brobotc

I saw it today and, while loving the action scenes, I found Scott too uninteresting to carry the movie as he should have. Every scene was stolen out from under him until the scene in the club at the end. However I found the evil exs ludicrously entertaining and the sheer audacity of the crap pulled in this movie to save it from Cera's acting. I give it a 3/5 as the acting could use some beefing up considering they gave the least interesting character the most screentime but the effects and the fights were just incredible.

Apparently this movie made around $14 million dollars so far. This might go back to the earlier discussion about who this is attempting to target vs. who might think the premise of the movie would be interesting or worthwhile. Stick a bunch of 30 somethings in a world where NES games come to life, and it makes more sense IMO.

Edited by karamazov80