UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ryan's custom thread

Alright, so after browsing through various threads here I just recently got into customizing 'mates. I already had a bit of painting experience from my brief dabble with Warhammer so I just dug out some spare 'mates and figured what the hell. And so, here they are:

First up I'll respectively show the first Mate I customized. It's my take on what I had initially hoped a movie-esque Deadpool would've look like-

1113z2d.jpg

ezkhzb.jpg

1z1tgzp.jpg

I'm hoping to go back and redo his mask once I get better.

Here is a more modernized look for the former Blade/Spidey foe Morbius-

rwpis3.jpg

ir7re9.jpg

2jfywdu.jpg

These last two took a bit more planning and time.

My entry for the Amalgam contest, Steve Simmons-

4tsxg6.jpg

etw16x.jpg

ivwaoz.jpg

2ltllsg.jpg

The villainous Red Violation-

1slgkg.jpg

34pjgiv.jpg

9r2duf.jpg

2na3ay8.jpg

action shot-

2z4wlxe.jpg

There are a lot of great customizers on here but my two personal favorites have to be Shamrock and brobotc. They are both incredibly innovative and creative, I looked at their figures as inspiration for my customs.

Right now I'm nearly complete Tarman from Return of the Living Dead, and I've just begun working on Marvel/Transformers/Dr.Who villain Death's Head. Please feel free to leave any opinion you have and thanks for looking! :D

Thanks for all the kind words, guys.

Tarman is going a bit worse than I thought, I completely messed up his head. :x I'm most likely going to repaint his head since a lot of paint ended up caking on giving it a thick and somewhat blob-ish look. I'll probably finish him up tonight with time to take a few pictures.

On a brighter note, I've finished the head/gauntlets for Death's Head. It's looking pretty good thus far. I'm considering making two of him, one of his classic green costume from his first initial appearances and then his more well known blue/red one from when he got his own mini-series. I was also wondering if anybody had an extra pair of Norman Osborn/Gambit boots since I really need a pair for the classic costume. I'd be willing to trade something from my haves list for them.

Really impressive customs. I really like the modern Morbius - makes him feel much more contemporary without making him unrecognizable. But your Steve Simmons is incredible! Great work on the concept and smooshing the two characters together, and great job with the paint & details. Can't wait to see your Death's Head.