UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man 2

dj87

Nice easter egg list! It was a fun movie, and although not everything was necessary for the Iron Man plot, it is nice to see the Marvel U getting fleshed out in such a major way on the big screen. The Marvel Studios Universe is going to be very exciting. And I love Agent Coulson. I look forward to seeing more of him in hopefully more than just Iron Man movies.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A post about IM2 Easter eggs

This was actually written by a friend of mine, so I'm not sure how thorough all these are. I was really impressed at some of these though, like

- the "definitive" planted evidence about

Iron Man 2 occurring before The Incredible Hulk

- the tiny nods to

not only Thor, but also Wakanda and

Union Jack

- the bit of speculation about

Nick Fury's age

All in all, sweet!

doesn't that mean the Hulk and Iron Man 2 would have occured at the same time? or... if suggested, that the report is simply being looped on the SHIELD screen, then the Hulk happened BEFORE IM2. I remember reading a couple of years ago that IM2 would be set wroughly the same time as Hulk, and in IM2 Fury does say something like 'i've got something much bigger than you to deal with at the moment'. While he could have been talking Avengers Initiative in general, i think he was talking bigger and greener.

This was actually written by a friend of mine, so I'm not sure how thorough all these are. I was really impressed at some of these though, like

- the tiny nods to

Union Jack

Nick Fury's age

All in all, sweet!

doesn't that mean the Hulk and Iron Man 2 would have occured at the same time? or... if suggested, that the report is simply being looped on the SHIELD screen, then the Hulk happened BEFORE IM2. I remember reading a couple of years ago that IM2 would be set wroughly the same time as Hulk, and in IM2 Fury does say something like 'i've got something much bigger than you to deal with at the moment'. While he could have been talking Avengers Initiative in general, i think he was talking bigger and greener.

the events in hulk started half way through ironman 2(hence the news footage) and then as ironman 2 ends hulk goes on and then at the ending of hulk tony comes with his newly apointed job to talk about recruiting the hulk

Edited by robomate

- the tiny nods to

Union Jack

Nick Fury's age

All in all, sweet!

the events in hulk started half way through ironman 2(hence the news footage) and then as ironman 2 ends hulk goes on and then at the ending of hulk tony comes with his newly apointed job to talk about recruiting the hulk

that certainly makes sense, with the ending, Stark going to General Ross, etc. I still think Hulk could well have started first... clearly a long time passed as Bruce makese his way back to the US, etc. Not much time passes after the big battle on campus

- the tiny nods to

Union Jack

Nick Fury's age

All in all, sweet!

that certainly makes sense, with the ending, Stark going to General Ross, etc. I still think Hulk could well have started first... clearly a long time passed as Bruce makese his way back to the US, etc. Not much time passes after the big battle on campus

Hulk clearly started a bit after Iron Man 1. However Iron Man 2 technically started at thesame time Iron Man 1 ended. Hulk's origin probably took place right at Tony's speech, within the 6 months that passed between Iron Man 2 and Iron Man. And then the events in the campus maybe right before the scene with Fury at the end. At least, that's the timeline I've got from my wild mass guessing.

As much as I liked the movie, the only thing that really bothered me was timing. How is it that Tony Stark can rebuild a new reactor and suit, Ivan Vanko can build multiple drones and Justin Hammer can beef up the Mark II in a matter of just a short amount of time? It seems like Tony and Justin do their work in the matter of a days time. Or am I missing something?

I noticed that too, although the only one that really bugged me was when Tony built a particle accelerator in his basement in one afternoon.

Conversely, it seemingly took Agent Coulson a heck of a long time to get to the Land of Enchantment.

Yes, and a isn't it nice how he was given one job (to watch Stark), yet disappears long enough for Stark to leave and have an epiphany? There's better ways to tell a story than that.

It would have been a great opportunity to add a little more humor into the film - find some way for Tony to sneak past the agent, or put him to sleep, or something.

I had a few spoilers for this film from the Minimates and was trying very hard not to get my hopes up too high for how good this film would be, especially as Iron Man was a nice surprise that kinda came out of nowhere with no real expectations to shock everyone with how good it was.

And I thought Iron Man 2 was superb. I love the dialogue in it. It feels like RDJ improvises every scene he's in cos the dialogue is so snappy.

But I have to admit, in a film about powered up mech suits, armoured drones and a guy with energy whips, it was

Black Widow taking out the Hammer henchmen

that was my favourite scene. She was so badass in that bit, it made me want her (er, her Minimate ;)) so bad :D

I'm just glad Scarjo didn't attempt a Russian accent. That might well have been a train wreck. Though I should note that my wife (from Eastern Europe originally) thought Rourke did a terrible job, I thought he sounded very genuine. Reminds me of this scene:

I'm just glad Scarjo didn't attempt a Russian accent. That might well have been a train wreck. Though I should note that my wife (from Eastern Europe originally) thought Rourke did a terrible job, I thought he sounded very genuine. Reminds me of this scene:

I watched Jimmy Kimmel when Mickey Rourke was on (for the minimate cameo) and he said that his wife is actually from Russia. You'd think he'd be able to nail it...... the accent I mean ;) .

Edited by wallbreaker2.0

• 2 years later...

THREAD NECRO!!!!

It seems more appropriate to post this here rather than the Iron Man 3 thread, but one of the "deleted scenes" in the Marvel Phase 1 Blu-Ray briefcase set is an alternate ending to Iron Man 2.

This alternate ending doesn't feature the Whiplash Armor, so I'm guessing this was intended to be the original ending, and the reason none of the toy lines got designs for the Whiplash Armor. It is easy to see why they decided to armor Whiplash up after seeing this rough-cut footage. There are a few other things that don't mesh well with the rest of the movie, Tony walks out of the suit, and Pepper throws Tony a ball that turns into armor on his hand.

Link to the video, it will most likely be taken down by Disney sometime today.