UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What are your Marvel troop building habits?

groundhog7s

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the other alternatives? Buying them second hand?

eBay is a little cheaper for singles, but you can't build an army of Mandarin that way...

If I find a good deal on 2-packs, I'll buy multiples.

I thought I'd change my avatar (since it was based on Luke's last decal set which has changed), so here's the pic my newest one is based on, I'd like to think of it as 'Yeah, you and what army?':

Oh that is NICE!

Is it real or are some of them photo-shopped?

I just noticed this and wanted to add they're all real (although photo-shop would've been cheaper). I think I had 19 in the picture and now that I have a new camera I plan on doing some other pictures with the other hordes of troop builders I have.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you have as many of the figures they came with?

For the most part, no. I usually get mine loose from trades or eBay. And one of these days I'll get some nice pictures taken of some of these in better shots. In fact, if things work out you might see something nice with these in the poster contest.

Or I'll just be too busy/lazy to do anything.

I'd buy a few, also.

I've stayed around 3-5 on the troop builders, mostly because of cost/availability of some of the older ones. I do have 6 Hellfire Guards (one that would lend itself to a good Battle Damaged version ala issue 133), but one of those will get a Cannonball head (if it's a plain head sans goggles) once that set comes out.

As much as I like the generic Marvel army builders, I recently was able to get a hold of 5 borg drones which I'll hopefully be able to customize into a small army with a few variations.

You guys should thank the heavens that you don't collect Kubricks. You want army builders? You can have them. You get 2 per master case of 96 figures. I bad guy, and 1 good guy. Blind boxed. Sheesh.

http://instinctoy.blog73.fc2.com/blog-entry-891.html#more

Edited by karamazov80

• 4 months later...
You guys should thank the heavens that you don't collect Kubricks. You want army builders? You can have them. You get 2 per master case of 96 figures. I bad guy, and 1 good guy. Blind boxed. Sheesh.

http://instinctoy.blog73.fc2.com/blog-entry-891.html#more

I seriously loath blind box toys... There are some things that a 29 year old man shouldn't have to do, and one of them is stand in a store for a hour feeling packs of toys to make sure he got the figure he really wants.

I don't think the people reading this thread are the ones you need to convince of that. I don't know what it would take to convince Chuck and DST of that, but it shouldhappen. I wonder if AFX could be convinced to do a troop builder 4 pack?

Even if we do convince them, the problem is they won't go back and rebox 4 packs of Hydra soldier, (well maybe with the captain movie coming out they will) or any of the older soldier sets I really want. I kind of feel about some of the older minimates the way I do about the Neca TMNT, I'm not going to pay hundred of dollars for something that was selling in the stores for 5 (when they were trying to do clearouts)

I don't see any Atlanteans?

Grand Admiral Groundhog has a great many scary and mysterious powers. Unfortunately time travel is not among their number. Though I have no doubt it will be added to the repository in short order.

*A thousand apologies exalted Grand Admiral. Please do not spite me for pointing out your only inadequacy.*

What kind of nut job spends hundreds, nay, thousands of of dollars on plastic toys?

Not a rhetorical question. I need help, and proper diagnosis is required for effective treatment.

Edited by karamazov80

I assure you that the number I ordered for myself probably pales in comparison to the number that a certain 'varmint' ordered to help out other members.

I just noticed this and I have no idea what you're talking about...

100_0700.jpg

I take what I said back....

• 2 weeks later...