UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hey Cbatt13,

Welcome to the forums, I guess I've been lurking for while you know how things run around here.

If you have any questions though feel free to shoot either myself or any other staff member a Pm and we'll do our best to point you in the right direction.

Very shortly a couple of our more exasperating members will post trying to engage you with pointless quizzes that help to boost their self esteem, feel free to ingnore them :)

T.

Hi and welcome to the 'verse! I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay. As you are a long time lurker, you know what time it is, right? It's time for Bob Harris' "Guess the MMMV Celeb" Quiz. :geek:

So, which member will come up pretty soon asking you to guess a movie quote? And don't forget, google's bad! :ermm:

Welcome !

Here's a new quiz from ol' bhm..... whose own self-esteem is at its pinnacle .....The bhm Movie Quiz.

Match the movie with the quote:

1.Schindler's Lisp

2.The Battle of the Bugle

3.Jews

4.Star Warts

5.Close Encounters of the Turd Kind

A. "We need a bigger Bar Mitzvah"

B. " There mutht be thumpthing we can do to thtop me thtuttering"

C. "Tanks .....tanks.....tanks....sound the retreat"

D. " Luke that is not a boil"

E. " I'm not sure but I know I have to pile it in a heap on the plate on the table"

Googles brilliant but not for this bugger!

Welcome dude! Now... it's time for the one, the only, the ORIGINAL Newbie gauntlet... THE T42 MOVIE CHALLENGE! I quote a movie, you name the movie.

Here's your quote:

"It's time to take some action boys! It's time to follow me!" (This is a song lyric from a musical BTW. Just a hint.)

And BHM... Very clever. That was a good way to start my morning.

And Bob: Celebrity? I'm honored! Means I actually managed to do something. B)

Welcome! I have been giving quizzes since 2003, so I clearly am the original quiz-master. Here are your questions today, student:

1) At what velocity does Jupiter rotate?

2) How many votes does it take in the Senate to over-ride a filibuster?

3) Wave 5 Captain America is to Wave 12 Nick Fury as Wave 11 Rogue is to whom?

This will account for 10% of your final grade. You have 10 minutes to finish. Good luck!

Welcome! I have been giving quizzes since 2003, so I clearly am the original quiz-master. Here are your questions today, student:

This will account for 10% of your final grade. You have 10 minutes to finish. Good luck!

What is the average flight velocity of an unladen swallow?

1) Depends on what time of year the Milky Way is traveling through the universe. Duh.

2) 51% of the house or when the Prime Minister resigns over a sex scandal, whichever comes first.

3) Ooh, ooh, I know this one... Wave 28 Gambit, right?

1) Jupiter is Mickey Mouse's dog .....I hate dogs Sam but I would never swing one on its leash.

2) I know that GM own Vauxhall (UK) & Holden (Austr.) who both produce Senator models which have chrome over-riders & fenders.

3)Rogue has two wombs? Mutants are incredible !

Welcome !

Here's a new quiz from ol' bhm..... whose own self-esteem is at its pinnacle .....The bhm Movie Quiz.

Match the movie with the quote:

1.Schindler's Lisp

2.The Battle of the Bugle

3.Jews

4.Star Warts

5.Close Encounters of the Turd Kind

A. "We need a bigger Bar Mitzvah"

B. " There mutht be thumpthing we can do to thtop me thtuttering"

C. "Tanks .....tanks.....tanks....sound the retreat"

D. " Luke that is not a boil"

E. " I'm not sure but I know I have to pile it in a heap on the plate on the table"

Googles brilliant but not for this bugger!

1. B

2. C

3. A

4. D

5. E

thanks for the welcome everybody. I'll finish the rest of the tests a little later, i think one of the answers is beauty & the beast....which isnt ok.

thanks for the welcome everybody. I'll finish the rest of the tests a little later, i think one of the answers is beauty & the beast....which isnt ok.

Don't be judging my Beauty and the Beast friend. I am a Disney fanatic, it's my favorite. I identify with the Beast very much. So... yeah. Well done on passing the T42 movie challenge though!