UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man Armory Redux

rx78jj

I was looking around my local Target when I stumbled upon some Iron Man 2 mega blocks sets. One of these was the Iron Man armory. It got me thinking about building one of my own. I spent the better part of Saturday building this out of C3 blocks from all my spare Batcaves. I think it turned out pretty good. The gate slides open too. What do you all think? I put all the armors except for the Stealth Iron Man that I still got in box and Rhodey's War Machine armor. Any others that I'm missing from the normal Marvel Universe?

post-138-1266793929_thumb.jpg

post-138-1266794039_thumb.jpg

post-138-1266794139_thumb.jpg

Looks cool. And I do think that's everybody but the two you mentioned.

Very nice, Muppet Show title sequence vibe going :buttrock:

And I see two Hot Toys guys hanging out in the background. I would like to get your impression on Wolvie in the 1/6 scale figure thread, if you get an inclination to share.

Edited by karamazov80

Now ain't that a beaut! I've been longing to build my own mini-armory (well, mini-anything-that-vaguely-resembles-a-large-building, really) for a while now. Spiffy job on the architecture ;)

BTW I was intrigued by the Mega Bloks armory you mentioned. Managed to dig up these pics (scroll down a little bit and you'll see them).

... eh, not bad for some extra building material. Still think the Minimates are better though.

Awesome set up you got there rx78jj :thumbsup:

So does this mean we are going to see Whiplash in that mecha thingy in the movie, or is this just one of those creative license liberties Mega Blocks it taking? Thoughts?

Oh, and since EVERY other company is showing the red & silver armor, why can't DST show theirs? Sillyness.

BS

Edited by blacksun1520

Awesome set up you got there rx78jj :thumbsup:

So does this mean we are going to see Whiplash in that mecha thingy in the movie, or is this just one of those creative license liberties Mega Blocks it taking? Thoughts?

Oh, and since EVERY other company is showing the red & silver armor, why can't DST show theirs? Sillyness.

BS

Because marvel has a blackout til may 1st I believe, DST is scared shitless of Marvel so they are playing it safe.

T.

Because marvel has a blackout til may 1st I believe, DST is scared shitless of Marvel so they are playing it safe.

Can't blame them. Especially with Hasbro screaming every few minutes if it looks like someone will make more on the toy license than them.

Thanks everyone for the praise. I still have alot of blocks left and a few machine claw thing arms from the Batman/ Joker C3 set. I think thats good enough to build an assembly line.

• 4 months later...

Upgraded my Armory. Took me three days and on one of those days i was up till 4 in the morning. :P

post-138-1280102018_thumb.jpg

post-138-1280102046_thumb.jpg

post-138-1280102064_thumb.jpg

Nice work Gambitron,

Great to see another version that has influence from my early HoA version doing something new. I like the 3 sided build as it's a nice improvement that adds some depth.

T.

wow, really nice build on the redo. things like this leave me really wanting to go out and buy a bunch of legos and get to work but that would take away from my minimate allowance

Thanks everyone. I did think about little LED's since it would look nice with the clear blue shells for the armors. Does anyone know where i could get little LED's. Also, I stopped by at Toys R Us and saw the Hero Squad helicarrier. I also saw a best lock aircraft carrier. I think I could buy two and make one somewhat big one. Any ideas would be very helpful, especially on how to make the turbines that go on the sides.

I love the armory and how you organized it into chronological order! :)

I know at IKEA you can find some LED's, but I'm not so sure if they fit in such a small area.

Edit: You could try Home Depot as well.

Edited by Captain Minimate