Dr Reed

transformation wolfman

in the black and white set i was missing my walking stick

marvel fantastic four one leg (thing)

marvel fantastic four Namor missing left shoulder piece

I have never had so many issues at one time this is unreal

I hope its just a quick fluke -bump in the road

O.K. done whining

These are back in stock at TRU.com, but aren't showing in listings. Here are 3 of the sets (I don't have the B&W one yet)

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4285648

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4285658

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4285656

edit-Here's the B&W pack, just don't go by the picture...

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4285657

Edited by groundhog7s

All three of my creatures' left feet keep falling off. If you pick it up without something under the left foot they just fall off! All three of them! Wierd. I hate it when figures can't hold their accessories like the cane that comes with the B&W set is very difficult to get Wolfman to hold and if it wasn't meant for him to hold then why put it in the set?

.. the cane that comes with the B&W set is very difficult to get Wolfman to hold and if it wasn't meant for him to hold then why put it in the set? .

But he's a werewolf! Werewolves hate silver canes. Hence why the minimate doesn't want to hold it. :biggrin:

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I just picked these up today. The awesome thing was they were on the clearance peg where the old BSG used to be, so I got them for $4.98 apiece!

These would have scanned up at regular retail price, are you saying that TRU manually adjusted the price for you just because they were hanging on the wrong hook? :huh:

Yep. Wrong spot, wrong tag, wrong price. They fixed it for me all on their own. I didn't even make a big fuss.

I was able to get the non-shortpacked sets yesterday in Memphis, TN. I had to sand the back of the Gillman's legs and then tighten the foothole's with super-glue to get the feet to stay properly. I know I won't be the only one with this issue, so I thought I'd suggest the fix. It makes the foot and leg flow much better than how it fits (or only kind of does) with the released version.

Too bad these didn't show up 'til after I'd placed my FF series orders so I could save on shipping.

:/

Also... the feeling of impatience I have about these is familiar and I've finally put my finger on it. It's like that long, long, long wait we had getting first Mr. Fantastic and then the Human Torch and Invisible Woman way back when they first came out from Marvel. Also, much like the wait for Thor to finally be released. Damned year long wait... rassa frassa. These are so great... it practically murders me that my monster group will take so long to complete even a basic set of the core group of monthers.

..........complete even a basic set of the core group of monthers.

Did you mean 'mothers' as in 'mummy motherf%*kers' .........

'monthters' as in 'thuper -thcarey monthters'..................

or the scariest group of the lot, those notoriously evil women...... 'The Time of The Month-sters ' :(

Edited by buttheadsmate

Bought a set of the regular versions each. Tweaked the Creature from the Black Lagoon's fins on his feet a bit to stay in his legs. Aside from that, my Larry Talbot has sadly two right arms. It's been ages since I last had a QC issue were there were two of the same limbs on a minimate. (Lex Luthor and original Black Cat)

Why are these things only going to be released two movie based lines per year again? I want the Dracula and Frankenstein sets now! >_O

..........complete even a basic set of the core group of monthers.

Did you mean 'mothers' as in 'mummy motherf%*kers' .........

'monthters' as in 'thuper -thcarey monthters'..................

or the scariest group of the lot, those notoriously evil women...... 'The Time of The Month-sters ' :(

I meant monsters, but was falling asleep when I typed it. Right after this post I went to bed.

The Time of the Month-sters can be bad as well, so I hear.

My Larry Talbot was missing a hand but other than that no QC issues in my sets. I'm very sorry to hear so many others having issues.

I'm a bit lost with the differences between the TRU sets & the box sets,I assume that the B & W TRU exclusive is the only set that is different?

Yup! Pretty much. If you want the femmes fatals, you have to buy the boxed sets.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

still havent found this set at any of the 3 TRUS around me or the TRU Expresses I hope they get them in soon i really want the black and white ones

Alrighty then... I picked up the Wolfman 4-pack today and am sad to report that it looks like we have another Friends and Foes Black Cat on our hands. This time around the victim is the exclusive Gwen Conliffe minimate. As like the UMs TRU release, the caucasian characters all have that cheap tan looking plastic. Gwen's head and hands use this plastic, but her legs are painted a ghastly flesh / gray color. I treid to tell myself that DST was going for a nylon legging look, but it's just sooooo distracting. Here's this girl with a tropical tan and the legs of a cadaver. My one hope is to modify the feet on an extra Kay Lawrence minimate and salvage Gwen. To bad... I was realy looking forward to this mate.

The other mates in the set are what we've seen with the TRU release. No difference, no extra accessories, just the cane. Included in the box is a UMs art poster (mini version). I believe it's a replica of the one showcased at TF 2010 or SDCC 2010... can't remember which. Anywho, another panel showcases a diorama of all the UM minimates creeping outside of a mausoleum. The other side of the poster shows off all of DST's UM products coming out this year.

Yeah, the glycerine soap complexion would be acceptable if it was consistent on the whole figure. I also wound up with a Wolf Man with two right arms, Gwen's feet still have part of the mold points improperly cut, and all of the crotch pieces are so warped that they can't fit flush with the torso pieces. I'm begining to wonder how many times I can hear DST say that they're looking into quality problems before I just give up on these things.