UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II @ TRU

pioad

I would argue that, while redundant, the title of this thread makes it more germane and useful to people looking for information specifically about the TRU Iron Man wave. The "general" thread for the Iron Man 2 'mates is 14 pages long, and the original link to the AA post about the TRU wave is already buried two pages deep.

Edited by Lobsterman

I assume 'D**ks' means Dereks or some such because I was not unkind, but I will say that I can see the idea of having a second thread for this specific deviation of Iron Man 2 Minimates. I merely pointed to the previous thread so he would know what was already being said. It would seem that both GH and I were thinking the same thing at the same time.

Edited by vbpanizzi

TBT! casts his evil Sauron like eye over this topic...

It's a tricky call, I can see both sides of this, I agree it's good to have new topics that elaborate on things that may haver been touched in other threads however the more places partial conversations occur about the same thing the more confusing it is.

So yeah all is cool as long as you folks play nice!

T.

Personally speaking, I would like to see more threads on different aspects, ie for Iron Man 2 you have the main waves, the TRU exclusives, and the AFX/convention exclusives. 3 separate threads, which would each be easier to follow than one giant thread, like the Ghostbusters one.

Can we start a thread where we can discuss whether or not we need multiple threads to discuss similar, but not identical topics? ;)

</causing trouble>

I believe that there are at least two other threads dealing with that discussion & although they are not identical they are not dissimilar but not quite the same as each other in many ways . :huh:

Just have the one thread but type in red whilst discussing the normal waves,blue for discussing the TRU exclusives & green for discussing the convention/AFX exclusives.........that will make things so much easier ........especially as Timbo will just love it :no:

I would like to see a poll or something, see how everyone feels about it.

I know we don't want to see hundreds of threads all talking about the same topic but there may be a more formalised way of doing things which we could bring in.

I would like to see a poll or something, see how everyone feels about it.

I know we don't want to see hundreds of threads all talking about the same topic but there may be a more formalised way of doing things which we could bring in.

Poll sounds reasonable. Yeah. Personally though I think that one topic for the LCS wave, one for TRU, and one for Previews Exclusives/Boxsets.

At the risk of sounding horribly meta, is it possible for that poll to answer for all future thread topics too?

Actually I can think of a couple of issues that typically cause the whole long thread vs. many threads dilemma we're having right now, but that'll take me a whole 'nother thread to explain in detail. :lol:

(If that poll's ever gonna happen, I vote in favor of thread topic segregation if only for the sake of being browser- and lurker-friendly.)

Personally, I'd just take the "Wave 35" bit out of the IM2 thread title.

I think normally we manage to keep discussion of each Marvel set/wave to its appropriate thread just fine, but IM2 is like a line-within-the-line, so it makes more sense to me to go to one place for news and discussion, as we do with the Ghostbusters thread or whatever. If there was a Ghostbusters TRU thread and a Ghostbusters LCS thread, where do you go to compare the two? Or just talk generally about the line? Same goes for IM2.

Anyway, sounds like I'd be on the losing side of a poll, but that's my thinking on this one...

Personally, I'd just take the "Wave 35" bit out of the IM2 thread title.

I think normally we manage to keep discussion of each Marvel set/wave to its appropriate thread just fine, but IM2 is like a line-within-the-line, so it makes more sense to me to go to one place for news and discussion, as we do with the Ghostbusters thread or whatever. If there was a Ghostbusters TRU thread and a Ghostbusters LCS thread, where do you go to compare the two? Or just talk generally about the line? Same goes for IM2.

Anyway, sounds like I'd be on the losing side of a poll, but that's my thinking on this one...

I feel the same way. IM2 mates seem like one set spread out over a few releases like Ghostbusters mates, almost like a sub-line within the Marvel line

Maybe we should change the title of this thread so that it can be the thread used for us to discuss how to better use the other Iron Man 2 thread. I am going to lay down, someone wake me when a decision has been reached as to the purpose and use of this or any other thread.

Perhaps we should form a task force whose job it will be to assemble a committee. This committee will engage in a prolonged fact finding mission to determine the feasibility of researching the benefits of forming a topic that will discuss whether or not a separate topic is warranted for discussion of whether or not there should be another topic.

Perhaps we should form a task force whose job it will be to assemble a committee. This committee will engage in a prolonged fact finding mission to determine the feasibility of researching the benefits of forming a topic that will discuss whether or not a separate topic is warranted for discussion of whether or not there should be another topic.

I haven't received a Meeting Request about the Task Force Assembly meeting yet. Can you please resend the Requests to all pertinent parties.

Additionally, the moniker 'Task Force' is far too generic. We should coordinate a new Action Item regarding the proper branding of this team.