UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What minimates DON'T need an update?

VictorVonDoom

Let's be positive! What minimates are, in your opinion, absolutely perfect? Which ones could AA not improve on at all with a new release? Which ones are the shining jewels of your collection and the pinnacle of minimate perfection?

Go!

Nice spin! I'll give it a go:

- Angel (we've seen enough X-cellent variants to be done for a while)

- Ares - only improvement would have been a mohawk piece. Otherwise, one of the best ever.

- Deadpool... ditto.

- Dr. Strange

- Valkyrie

- Gambit

- War Machine (plenty of solid variations at this point)

- Namor (two perfect versions)

- Red Skull

- Silver Surfer

- USAgent

Captain America, after The Invaders, is absolutely perfect in every single way imaginable.

Magneto is perfect.

Spider-Man's original costume does not need an update.

Venom doesn't.

Wolverine no longer needs one after the wave with him and Comic Sabertooth.

Deadpool.

Gambit

Mysterio

And the only fix the Red Skull could use is a Nazi patch but we all know that's not happening. So Skully goes in there too.

There are others, but that's my biggest list of those freakin perfect minis.

Except for Rhino, Classic Punisher, Gray Hulk, Juggernaut, Iron Fist, Power Man and the classic FF (both blue/black and blue/white costumes) not really anybody that I can think of or would really want to be re-made.

As far as Doctor Strange, I'm still hoping we get a different caped version (before he got his flying cloak from the Ancient One) and with the masked face.

Those Sub-Mariner's are my favorite minimates ever made.

I think SI Phoenix is pretty perfect . . . could use a Raptor accessory . . . but the figure itself is pretty close to 10/10.

Apocalypse is also another great figure that doesn't need any improving (although i'd love an AOA version of him).

Death Archangel was definitely a perfect 10 for me. Perfect blend of character-capture & MiniMate design brief.

I also think the first issue Silver Surfer was pretty spot on. He is now perfect if you use him on the new board :)

Have to agree on Deadpool. They nailed him.

Gotta agree on Ares too . . . i don't know squat about the character, but the 'Mate looks awesome!

Carnage too - they got him right, right at the start. Even with all the new developments in 'Mates - he still doesn't need to be improved upon.

There are dozens more, i'm sure - but these are the ones that stand out in my mind right now.

Spider-Man's original costume does not need an update.

A big, fat second! I don't mind variants on Spidey but I'd much rather see some of the other cosutmes he's worn, even the "He only wore it for five minutes but it still looks good and even made it into one of the games" costumes like Spider-Phoenix and Negative Zone Spidey. But as it stands, I don't want to see the bleedy classic one any more! And that includes battle damaged! If we have to have battle damaged, give me sodding Battle Damaged Scarlet or Ben Reilly!

OK, I'll stop ranting now :P

Wolverine - Same as Spidey - I don't want to see the yellow and blue any more! Give me anything else he's worn and we've not had yet, but not the yellow and blue!

Sentry

Ares

Thor (after "Reborn" is out)

Iron Man

Venom

Carnage (bar needing C3 feet)

Magneto

Red Skull

Mar-Vell

I think SI Phoenix is pretty perfect

What about the paint apps on her legs (for the gold boots)? Apparently it wasn't just mine that had this problem, since I see the issue on Ivan's database pic (you can see my issue on the Minimate Central review).

Karamazov, I read your review and agree that a black line seperating the boot at the top would be nice, but Phoenix was often drawn with the boots coming up higher in front than in back so it really didn't bother me all that much. They're supposed to be angled.

I can only speak for myself, but I don't see a need to remake many, many characters.

If you want to do a character in a different costume...cool...I'm all for that, and I'm also for "fixing" a few that were previously released, like Juggernaut of course, but I hate losing "slots" to characters that have nothing wrong with them other than being a little less detailed. For example, Rogue DID need a jacket, but she's had a ton of costumes over the years besides the Jim Lee look and I would have liked to see one of those considering we only have 2 of her (her current look in X-Men:Legacy is awesome). That said...I'm still getting the entire Wave 34.

By the way, I do not need any more Spideys, Wolvies, Hulks, Iron Men, or Cyclopi. But I know they'll keep cranking them out and we all have to deal. I'll refrain from writing all of the many, many characters that still need to be made that have never been made.

Karamazov, I read your review and agree that a black line seperating the boot at the top would be nice, but Phoenix was often drawn with the boots coming up higher in front than in back so it really didn't bother me all that much. They're supposed to be angled.

I can only speak for myself, but I don't see a need to remake many, many characters.

If you want to do a character in a different costume...cool...I'm all for that, and I'm also for "fixing" a few that were previously released, like Juggernaut of course, but I hate losing "slots" to characters that have nothing wrong with them other than being a little less detailed. For example, Rogue DID need a jacket, but she's had a ton of costumes over the years besides the Jim Lee look and I would have liked to see one of those considering we only have 2 of her (her current look in X-Men:Legacy is awesome). That said...I'm still getting the entire Wave 34.

By the way, I do not need any more Spideys, Wolvies, Hulks, Iron Men, or Cyclopi. But I know they'll keep cranking them out and we all have to deal. I'll refrain from writing all of the many, many characters that still need to be made that have never been made.

Bravo Chaz! :thumbsup:

I honestly wasn't sure about it, and it could have been drawn that way at some point, but I didn't think it was supposed to look that way. In any case, enough people seem to love that figure so much that they either didn't notice it (I don't think I did until I looked closely for the review) or didn't care.

But personally, I wouldn't call it "perfect" because of that :)

For me Carnage don't need an update. its one of the first released and still stands up well next to the more current and detailed figures we get now.

Carnage too - they got him right, right at the start. Even with all the new developments in 'Mates - he still doesn't need to be improved upon.

The only reason I'd reissue Carnage is for C3 feet. Other than that, yeah, he's perfect.

This.

GD it, he needs C3 feet... :wallbash:

I think SI Phoenix is pretty perfect

What about the paint apps on her legs (for the gold boots)? Apparently it wasn't just mine that had this problem, since I see the issue on Ivan's database pic (you can see my issue on the Minimate Central review).

The tops of her boots on mine were pretty clean and tidy. The missing black line isn't a huge issue for me. I wouldn't waste a spot in a wave on re-issuing her just to have outlines added. And all the images i've seen of her show that her boots and gloves to raise to a high point on the fronts.

Like i said, 'pretty' perfect. maybe not 100%, but i'm happy with her & don't need this costume re-issued.

Hmmm, if it's just one minimate, it would have to be............... Modular Iron Man. Just great overall. Nothing I would change at all.

X-Force Cable, though I wish you could combine the two guns into one bigger gun XD Nothing a drill couldn't fix.

This was on my list too - but i took it off as i haven't actually got it in hand yet.

Soon, my precious.

He will be mine. Oh yes, He will be mine

There are plenty of perfects but ill put down my fav perfect.

SPIDERMAN 3,NEW GOBLIN

he came with great accesories and a huge likeness to James Franco.

the 1 thing that pisses me off is that the glider doesnt stay on well

Edited by darkredshdow

while Nightcrawler needs to be re-released because he's so very popular and so very rare... I don't think he needs any improvement. All the sculpted parts are pretty spot on (you *could* switch his chest piece for shoulder sharks, but it would be purely for aesthetic reasons and could only equal, never top, the original) and his decals are just about perfect too (you could add those weird "dark grey" muscles like Nightwing has, but it wouldn't add all that much since it's pretty hard to see, and "Light blue" muscles like Back in Black Spidey might just look like he has torn pants.) Assuming there's no rule about it (he's not a variant right?) he could be just slapped as in into TRU wave 7 and it'd be all good!

if that's too rambly I'll summarize, Nightcrawler: Needs to be reissued so everyone can enjoy him, but doesn't need a thing changed about him.

Would echo the Carnage sentiments, one of my favourite ever Minimates and no need to update him, however he's probably due a new one in the next Spidey assortment because they do seem keen to refresh the characters every now and again.

X-Force Cable, though I wish you could combine the two guns into one bigger gun XD Nothing a drill couldn't fix.

Darn my malfunctioning cammera, but the guns combine just fine for me. There's a hole and peg on each gun and they fit together fine.

I'd add Ms. Mavel to the list. Eveh the millionth reuse Jean hair worked.