UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 33 street date?

Cramer

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know the official street date of the Marvel Series 33 mates? I know they're slated for February, but I'd like it narrowed down from 28 possible days to one. Does anyone have an idea?

I've got February 24th marked down as the last shipping estimate from the AA blog, unless I've missed a post. Just keep in mind the odds are good it'll be a week or two later than their estimate.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know the official street date of the Marvel Series 33 mates? I know they're slated for February, but I'd like it narrowed down from 28 possible days to one. Does anyone have an idea?

I've got February 24th marked down as the last shipping estimate from the AA blog, unless I've missed a post. Just keep in mind the odds are good it'll be a week or two later than their estimate.

Anyone else think that it's odd we haven't seen box art for these though they are due for release in 3 weeks?

Another thing to cosider is the corresponding TRU wave. Seems like TRU always has the figures before the regular release. If Thor/Loki is hitting comic shops by moth end, I'd expect to see it on TRU shelves be next week.

That's a pretty quick turnaround based on the past history of box art reveal to release. However, they do seem to be cutting it close, especially if there's going to be an Iron Man 2 wave at TRU. I'm betting we see TRU wave 6 hit the last week of Feb, LCS wave 33 the first week of March, and the LCS Iron Man wave the second or third week of March.

In another bit of tea-leaf-reading, Chuck said in another thread that the factory is "jammed getting all the MM they can (including IM2) before they close for the new year." Chinese New Year starts Feb 14, which is way too late to have something done for an early March release date. So, could that point to an early- to mid-April IM2 TRU wave?

Edited by Lobsterman

In another bit of tea-leaf-reading, Chuck said in another thread that the factory is "jammed getting all the MM they can (including IM2) before they close for the new year." Chinese New Year starts Feb 14, which is way too late to have something done for an early March release date. So, could that point to an early- to mid-April IM2 TRU wave?

My guess is if something going to be delayed, it's not going to be the Iron Man 2 product. I could easily see 33 getting pushed back so that 35 and it's TRU counter-part could make it out on time.

Also Toy Fair is next weekend too, so maybe NYTF prep may be cutting into online reveal time.

• 2 weeks later...

pics of the packaging are up!

http://www.artasylum.com/blog/2010/02/mini...-forward-icons/

has it been confirmed whether or not Menace will include a flight stick for his glider like Cosmic Silver Surfer did?

Oooh, look at the extra hairpiece that comes with Menace. I guess that means she gets the Lily Hollister face under that fugly mug after all. :)

Guess who called that when everyone wondered why she had a sculpted head?? TTF?? Nooooo, couldn't be. He couldn't have said that was a mask instead. Nope. ;)

YES!!!!!! Both Rachels get the PHOENIX BASE!!!!!!!!!!! And by army-building Sentinels, I'll have extras for the ENITRE Jeanie collection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you DST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I wonder what the white accessory to the right side of Anti-Venom's head is? Anybody care to speculate?

extra feet? I am sure he'll have the duck feet so they always like to give non duck feet

Jeff of the Miniacs

Slip-on mask?? After all, EVERYONE wants a slip-on mask to go with the powerhouse chest. I'll take three!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Twisted, don't talk bad about slip-on masks, I'm not afraid to lay the smack down on a fellow collector. They are possibly the greatest thing in minimate history, and I am being dead serious. :D Mates like Scorpion, Spymaster, and now Anti-Venom all look like they have shrunken heads compared to Cap, Deadpool, Iron Man, Black Panther, etc.

Too bad they went with the powerhouse piece for Anti-Venom, hope he had printing underneath. And dear god I hope he come with a slip-on mask.

Edited by McDurg

Twisted, don't talk bad about slip-on masks, I'm not afraid to lay the smack down on a fellow collector. They are possibly the greatest thing in minimate history, and I am being dead serious. :D Mates like Scorpion, Spymaster, and now Anti-Venom all look like they have shrunken heads compared to Cap, Deadpool, Iron Man, Black Panther, etc.

Too bad they went with the powerhouse piece for Anti-Venom, hope he had printing underneath. And dear god I hope he come with a slip-on mask.

Oh, i too like the slip-onmask. It gives lost of characters nie lite surprises, like their "secret identities." But i hate when it's used on the wrong characters. Invader's Cap should not have a slip-on mask. Deadpool is perfect and MORE than welcome; i like scarred Wade!!

OMG!!! Is that a studded collar around Variant Rachel's neck?????

If by studded you mean some poor soul sat and put tiny dots on the a collar piece over and over and over and over, then yes. (yeah I know, automation, it's all the rage)

I know Chuck had said words to the affect of "Wow, that would be a cool idea, I'll see if we have time to do it." when asked if they could add a hound scar face to the other side of the head block. But then, that was the time they were touting swapping which Angel was the variant. Not holding ut a whole lot of hope.