UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Minimates vs. DC Minimates

Jatta Pake

Up until the most recently released Marvel Minimates, I would have given the DC Minimates the win in a hypothetical battle between the Marvel and DC Minimates. Marvel has had some big hitters for awhile: Thanos, Sentry, Thor, Loki, Dr. Doom, Iron Man, Silver Surfer, and the Hulk. But they simply would be no match for the combined might of Superman, Shazam, Darkseid, Wonder Woman, the Green Lanterns, the Flashes, Brainiac, and Ares.

All that changed with the release of Molecule Man and the original Beyonder. Beyonder is/was omnipotent, and could destroy the DC multiverse at will. Molecule Man is endowed with the same power, limited only by his fragile mental state.

I'm not sure if DC has a character with the same level of power as the Beyonder. The original AntiMonitor comes to mind as a being capable of destroying the multiverse. However, doing so was far more complex than the Beyonders supposed ability. It seems the only power capable of defeating the Beyonder is a Marvel Editor-in-Chief, who retconned him out of omnipotence.

Molecule Man is back in the current issue of Dark Avengers. Could the Beyonder be far behind?

Up until the most recently released Marvel Minimates, I would have given the DC Minimates the win in a hypothetical battle between the Marvel and DC Minimates. Marvel has had some big hitters for awhile: Thanos, Sentry, Thor, Loki, Dr. Doom, Iron Man, Silver Surfer, and the Hulk. But they simply would be no match for the combined might of Superman, Shazam, Darkseid, Wonder Woman, the Green Lanterns, the Flashes, Brainiac, and Ares.

All that changed with the release of Molecule Man and the original Beyonder. Beyonder is/was omnipotent, and could destroy the DC multiverse at will. Molecule Man is endowed with the same power, limited only by his fragile mental state.

I'm not sure if DC has a character with the same level of power as the Beyonder. The original AntiMonitor comes to mind as a being capable of destroying the multiverse. However, doing so was far more complex than the Beyonders supposed ability. It seems the only power capable of defeating the Beyonder is a Marvel Editor-in-Chief, who retconned him out of omnipotence.

Molecule Man is back in the current issue of Dark Avengers. Could the Beyonder be far behind?

Wait...wasn't Beyonder part of his gang?? I could've sworn i remember seeing him in there, name highlighted and all...

DC, no question. Alter reality all you want, Marvel; DC will stop you.

agree Dc, why? 3 words superman and batman, okay!! and flash and green lantern and wonder woman and powergirl etc etc...yeah DC definetly

and this may sound cliche, but give batman some time to plan and he could take out beyonder and molecule man :P

DC. At least DC doesn't keep killing off their characters/turning them evil/ attempting to boost sales. <_<

Superman? Hal Jordan? Flash? Martian Manhunter? Etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.? :lol:

Anyhoo, I'm going with Marvel. Quantity can trump quality from time to time, and though Silver Age Superman, in the hands of certain writers, was nigh invulnerable (step aside, Tick), I take 50 Wolverines and 100 or so Spidermen over the very small handful of Batmen and Supermen that we got in the DC line. They could physically pile on and literally suffocate these titans.

Also, even taking those listed by Cappy out of the equation, Marvel has Galactus, the Phoenix, Magneto, Professor X, Dr. Strange, and Mephisto, to name a few. Some reasonably powerful characters. And if we say that Red Skull has the Cosmic Cube, or that Reed Richards has the Ultimate Nullifier, then that's even more power!!

Inspired by this thread I put my Marvel Minimates on one side of the table and DC Minimates on the other. They have been there for about an hour and a half are still sizing each other up waiting for the other to make the first move. I'll keep you guys updated as to the action.

Oh wait I just remembered they're all inanimate toys and this thread is stupid.

Marvel. See karmazov's list plus add Thor, Sentry, Adam Warlock, and The Silver Surfer. Let's say this was on something like Battleworld. Sentry could reasonably distract Superman as Thor and Warlock take him out. Batman is likely to have met his match if Xavier, Magneto, Richards, and Doom take him on. Aquaman vs, Namor? Please. Screw the DC vs Marvel comic series, Aquaman would try his little Fish Mind Control thing and before he could get the first dodododododododo out, Namor would stab him with his trident, fly 47 feet in the air, and drop him straight on poor little Cyborg's head.

At this time, Xavier would be placing a real mindscrew on Green Lantern while Strange locks him in Mephisto's realm to be chained up by Ghost Rider and BURNED to DEATH. Maybe he could make water... oh wait. His ring makes mystical green weapons. Oops.

Lobo would probably put some tear ass into Wolverine while Wonder Woman forces Deadpool to tell the truth. But Deadpool's truths just blow Wonder Woman's mind. Not as much as Punisher's gun does though. At this point, Galactus just shows up and Strange and Surfer evacuate the remainder of the Marvel heroes. The DC Heroes look to the Green Lanterns to lead the charge... oh wait. They're burning in a firey hellhole that is Mephisto's Realm. Galactus then eats what's left and everyone dies. The end.

However, T42, you forgot the true ending where Darksied pops out of a boom-tube with a swarm of billions of paradeamons that eat Galactus las if they were locusts. Then Darksied uses his omega beams and they follow and kill every surviving Marvel hero.

Thus, DC wins, hands down.

However, T42, you forgot the true ending where Darksied pops out of a boom-tube with a swarm of billions of paradeamons that eat Galactus las if they were locusts. Then Darksied uses his omega beams and they follow and kill every surviving Marvel hero.

Thus, DC wins, hands down.

Quite obviously. I mean, DC characters actually know when to WORK TOGETHER when they need to. Good luck with getting Doom to work with "RICHAAAAAAAAARDS!!!!!" or even trying to TAME Thanos and Galactus. I'll give you Magneto, because according to Uncanny X-men he's a "good guy" now (great Arc, btw. Worth reading). Still, they're incompetent because of different they are and what "evil" is in Marvel. Almost ALL DC characters belong to some team, good or evil. They know they can handle groups. Besides that, Darkseid and other "god-like" characters known when they have to do the unthinkable to save their own skins.

DC, again.

Marvel. See karmazov's list plus add Thor, Sentry, Adam Warlock, and The Silver Surfer. Let's say this was on something like Battleworld. Sentry could reasonably distract Superman as Thor and Warlock take him out. Batman is likely to have met his match if Xavier, Magneto, Richards, and Doom take him on. Aquaman vs, Namor? Please. Screw the DC vs Marvel comic series, Aquaman would try his little Fish Mind Control thing and before he could get the first dodododododododo out, Namor would stab him with his trident, fly 47 feet in the air, and drop him straight on poor little Cyborg's head.

At this time, Xavier would be placing a real mindscrew on Green Lantern while Strange locks him in Mephisto's realm to be chained up by Ghost Rider and BURNED to DEATH. Maybe he could make water... oh wait. His ring makes mystical green weapons. Oops.

Lobo would probably put some tear ass into Wolverine while Wonder Woman forces Deadpool to tell the truth. But Deadpool's truths just blow Wonder Woman's mind. Not as much as Punisher's gun does though. At this point, Galactus just shows up and Strange and Surfer evacuate the remainder of the Marvel heroes. The DC Heroes look to the Green Lanterns to lead the charge... oh wait. They're burning in a firey hellhole that is Mephisto's Realm. Galactus then eats what's left and everyone dies. The end.

Okay, this was clearly written by a Marvel fanboy. :P

That said, I agree that Marvel would win (for the reason that Karam said, Mass numbers).

That said, characters in DC like Cyborg Superman CANNOT be killed. Nothing can destroy him, even that which is omnipotent (kind of makes it an oxymoron).

Any hoo, DC vs Marvel was the WORST excuse for a comic battle ever. NONE of thoses battles are accurate. OF COURSE Wolverine would beat Lobo, he's everyone's favorite! Actua power-wise? Lobo would win. He can "Regrow" from a single drop of his blood. As a matter of fact in some old stories he grew back into an army of himself.

Batman vs Cap America? Come on! Everyone knows Bruce would win, and in the comic I'm pretty sure he did (he saved Cap from drowning)... But then he all of a sudden admitted to losing? It makes no sense.

Aquaman & Namor is about the only battle that NO ONE cares about. Sure, let Namor stab Aquaman. An Orca will probably still land on both of them. :rolleyes:

Aah, fanboy (and girl) debates. How we love thee.

Next up:

Unicron Vs the Death Star

Lion-O Vs He-Man

Mumm-Ra Vs Skeletor (actually I think this is the most interesting one as 80s villains are always written to fail)

Marvel has DC beat in the numbers. Heck, Spider-Man and Wolverine alone should be able to overwhelm even the heaviest of hitters. With a series of Cyclopes (that's the plural form, I looked it up) and an entire Hall of Armors laying covering fire, a small army of Hulks and Things providing some much needed muscle, and a swarm of Captain America shields bouncing all over the battlefield, I think Marvel wins the day. We didn't even need to bring out all the characters that have only had one or two appearances in Minimate form. With an increasing number of Jean Greys, Dooms, and Thors joining the battlefield, the scales just continue to tip in Marvel's favor. We've even got three Sentries sitting in reserve, though I'd hope they won't be necessary.

So, to clarify, are we talking Minimates or comics? If we keep it to Minimates produced, it should only be fair to make it one on one pairings, limiting both sides to 59 pairings (65 DC mates minus 6 duplicated characters) or 67 if you include C3 sets.

There really need to be guidelines to this if it's going to be a fruitful discussion about pointless things.

Edited by groundhog7s

But if you make it one-on-one pairings, who decides what the pairings are, and how do you define victory? For instance, if you could strategically choose the Marvel characters to pair with the DC characters, it would be easy to guarantee a Marvel victory. You could concede Marvel's loss to the "big guns" by pairing Superman with Gwen Stacy, Hal Jordan with Chameleon, etc. etc., and rely on the vast supply of relatively more powerful Marvel characters to beat the vast majority of weak to moderately strong DC guys (i.e. War Machine to take out Ma Hunkel; Mephisto to take out Booster Gold). That is to say, there are more moderately to highly powerful Marvel characters to choose from than there are in the DC-Minimate-verse.

If you want to make pairings based on rough power parity, then it is a complete crap-shoot left up to the person making the subjective pairings and the whims of the person deciding how the fight would go down.

I think the premise of this thread is fairly straight forward--you put all the Marvel characters on which Minimates are based on one side, and all the DC characters on which Minimates are based on the other, and let them duke it out, battle royal-style. Then, Reed Richards wins using the Ultimate Nullifier.

fantasticfour5008lf6.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

If you want to make pairings based on rough power parity, then it is a complete crap-shoot left up to the person making the subjective pairings and the whims of the person deciding how the fight would go down.

That's what I was thinking.

This is usually where someone with too much time will come up with some kind of bracket pairing the most equal of DC and Marvel mates against each other and set up a voting system to have it all decided. Yeah, someone should go get to work on that right now. By that I do mean someone else.