UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

just watched the movie last night really enjoyed it altough like the first film the final fight was way too short

got me thinking why didnt we get a minimate whiplash MK 2?

There's nothing to suggest that one is not coming in the ad above they only show 2 new pairings for the Toys R Us minimates when they usually do 4.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just watched the movie last night really enjoyed it altough like the first film the final fight was way too short

got me thinking why didnt we get a minimate whiplash MK 2?

Spoilers? .....but I reckon we all know without even going to the movie. Odds on we'll see this if the IM2 stuff sells.........Is it selling well?????

sorry rob not posted in ages shoulda thought about that

Anybody else remember that shot of Chuck's desk that had the Iron Man Minimates on it, including a Rhodey in uniform that was never mentioned, and we only had a fuzzy blown-up image of to identify it with? This photo right here?:

post-66-1273176925_thumb.jpg

Nice to see it's finally getting released. Maybe there's hope for SFII Minimates? :biggrin:

Doesn't it look like military uniform Rhodes is just the same IM2 Rhodes head stuck on General Ross's body from wave 22 with a slightly different paintjob?

They head looks a little different, like courtroom-serious Rhodie. But yea, it's a blue "Air Force" General Ross suitjacket. Makes sense; that is a great, underused piece.

glad to see i was right about the military uniform Rhodes (in the IM2 thread)

so... that set, and the two drones, we should expect, what... one more 2 pack for TrU? (assuming the drones are in fact a TrU set at all). I certainly understand them missing the addition set(s) from the advert, seeing as this week's comics came out before the film State-side, right?

surely it'll have to include

Final Battle Whiplash

... but who else?

another Tony/Iron Man? ...

maybe of the dying variety

Agent Coulson?

Senator Stern?

that kid wearing an Iron Man mask and glove, thing?

Howard Stark?

Is it selling well?????

My observation, and you kow that I've bought a few of these packs, is that the product is selling really well. In fact, I'd classify it as 'too well'. With so much product available at TRU and Borders, including the whole wave and variant, weeks before the wave is officially released, my fear is the actual wave is going to pegwarm a bit. I know I cancelled my pre-order because I've had the wave for three weeks now. I know I'm not the only one. Add in the con sets and the whole summer movie hype in general and I fear that LCS's and on-line retailers just now getting them will cause the market to hit critical mass this next week or so.

Or I'm totally full of crap.

another Tony/Iron Man? ...

maybe of the dying variety

Yes please.

Lethal circuit pattern

for the cool.

also, although I dunno how they'd ever pull it off, I want a movie JARVIS accessory. Bunch of wireframe thingamajiggers to carry around.

Edited by lastmaximal

I'm torn...

I've eyeballed a couple posts in this thread already... haven't read in depth... but from what I've eyeballed it sounds like there are some new minimate possibilities coming out of the film that I'd like to hear more about.

By the same token, I have yet to see the movie, and don't want it spoiled.

So it's like my brain wants minimate news now, but doesn't want Iron Man 2 spoilers at the same time.

To read on or not to read on... choices...

Just saw it. After seeing the drones in action I now really like them and their heads don't bother me as much. Especially the one with the real head.

drone is better, after all

^ :D you know, at first i misheard that line as "Drawn better" because of the accent.

I'm torn...

I've eyeballed a couple posts in this thread already... haven't read in depth... but from what I've eyeballed it sounds like there are some new minimate possibilities coming out of the film that I'd like to hear more about.

Well, they're not particularly stellar ones [at least the ones I've suggested are minor tweaks to existing versions], but they're a bit better than just getting the Mark I all over again or another Tony-in-a-suit [THAT one is redeemed solely by his delightful sh-eating grin :)].

Edited by lastmaximal

The wife and I went to the midnight IMAX show last night...we loved it. I think it was able to match the formula that made the first one great, it was everything a good sequel should be.

We definitely need an Agent Coulson mate, maybe with his

artifact from the Land of Enchantment

:)

The sneak peek Uniform Rhodey would be welcome too, as well as

Final Battle Whiplash

and I'd even like a

Justin Hammer's lackey Ivan mate

Maybe an exclusive retailer 2-pack of

Stan Lee as Heff from IM1/Stan Lee as Larry King from IM2!!!

<- That would sell fast! :thumbsup:

Rockwell stole the movie, he and RDJ were perfect together.

The scene with the

"Ex-Wife" in action

was great!

Does anyone know if there was any significance to the License Plate on Coulson's car after the credits? The camera seemed to stay on it intentionally long, maybe just to indicate where he was? For some reason I felt like there was a reference to the plate numbers/letters that I didn't pick up on...

Edited by youbastards

So did my theater loose a reel or was

the "Stark Expo" scene the 2-pack is based on not in the actual film

Yeah I noticed that scene was missing too, along with

Tony screaming "Youcompleteme!" to Pepper right after jumping from the plane.

Fodder for a future "extended cut" of the film, I'll bet?

Yeah that whole scene where Pepper kisses the helmet and throws it from the plane (i don't think we need to use spoiler tags since it was in the trailer) was missing. <_<

Yeah that whole scene where Pepper kisses the helmet and throws it from the plane (i don't think we need to use spoiler tags since it was in the trailer) was missing. <_<

They cut that scene because she wasn't sick there but they later changed the plot so it had to go, even though it was hilarious.

Did anyone notice on the SHIELD map that the icon on Greenland was pulsing bright red while the others weren't?

I'd also really love a Stark Expo dancing girl.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot