UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Easter Eggs

Ivan

There's a fun post from Chuck on the Art Asylum blog that show some of the neat Easter Eggs that they've included in various Minimates. While reading through it some of the entries sounded familiar... like they might have been mentioned on some Internet message board or something. ;)

Since my work meeting at work was postponed, I decided to hunt down the posts where (and if?) the Easter Eggs were first discovered.

• Marvel Wave 30 - Insulated Spider-Man

There was a thread on this made by the punisher=D. So it was on purpose. :)

• Marvel Dark Avengers II - Ares

Seems obvious in retrospect, but I couldn't find any posts mentioning it. In fact I didn't even notice that you could do that when I was taking the MMDB pics.

• Ghostbusters - Terror Dog

I can't remember this being posted, but it's good to know why my Terror Dogs can't seem to put their feet down flat.

• Marvel Secret Wars - Dr. Doom

Turtle mentioned the Mattel toy early in the voting thread.

• Marvel Wave 30 - Vault Guard

I don't know what's being referred to here, any help?

• BSG TRU Wave 1 – Aaron Doral

I seem to remember someone mentioning about something looking like a Cylon visor, but my search-fu has failed me again.

• Star Trek Wave 5 - Gul Dukat

JoeyCrypts called the Dukat/Damar likenesses here.

• Marvel Wave 24 - Transformation Venom

There's an explanation of the jacket by minijeff way back here.

• Ghostbuster Slimer

Graham made a thread about this one.

I hope we'll see more of these posts from Chuck in the future. The fact the Eggs are intentional and not just 'happy accidents' makes me appreciate DST's attention to detail that much more. Definitely 'value added'

I'm new to collecting toys but I'm learning fast & homage to classic toys is very much 'in' . Medicom's last Star Wars kubricks wave was a dedicated homage to classic SW Boba Fett toys... Johnson & McQuarrie,McQuarrie etc. were used as the actual basis for each version.

A very nice attention to detail from Chuck/DST &, of course ,members here.....amazing!

Is that picture of Dr. Doom in the AA article of the actual Secret Wars figure as it comes packaged, or is that outfit hidden under something else? MMDB doesn't have pics yet...

Seeing as this set hasn't been released yet, can you blame me? :D

There is control art that features the base tampo in AA's Gallery.

Slimer's base: I KNEW IT!!!

Fun blog entry by DSTChuck! Everything else I believe has indeed been "discovered" by Multiversers here already. Probably the only one I didn't know about beforehand was the bit about Doral's belt and the Dr. Doom homage. It is unfortunate though that I don't own the Wave 24 Spidey yet... I wonder if the Insulated Spidey's head can work on the Heroes boxset Spidey?

Man, wouldn't an actual Minimate-themed Easter Egg be the coolest thing though? :lol:

It is unfortunate though that I don't own the Wave 24 Spidey yet... I wonder if the Insulated Spidey's head can work on the Heroes boxset Spidey?

actually i think thats the one it was made for.

So do i. Besides that, Heroes looks SO MUCH BETTER. If i can grab an extra Electro pack, i'll have my favorite Spidey because of this.

I wondered what was up Aaron's belt, but never would have guessed "visor." Neato.

I opened up my Sisko/Dukat pack last week to photo and review for MMC, and I was SURE that Gul Dukat's face was the hidden one. He has beady eyes and thin lips, and that's what the second face was like.

But I didn't twig the first face was Damar, that's pretty cool!

• 2 weeks later...

The power blast from the old Thanos fits over the infinty gauntlet hand on the new version of him. I guess its not much of an easter egg but I was pretty damn pleased. Iwas kind of bummed when I cracked open the package and there wasn't one in the new box set

I like the slip-on mask for Spidey

Nice to see I'm not alone :D

I've yet to try most of these (partly because I haven't had the heart to open some of my recent purchases), but I love the idea behind them and can't wait to see some more in the future. Might have to experiment some time when I get a spare five.

• 1 month later...
wat 3 variants?

They're referring to the Angel situation and are saying "There are three 'variant' boxes per case" not "There are three different variants in the wave"

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

thanx for explaining budd

It is unfortunate though that I don't own the Wave 24 Spidey yet... I wonder if the Insulated Spidey's head can work on the Heroes boxset Spidey?

actually i think thats the one it was made for.

So do i. Besides that, Heroes looks SO MUCH BETTER. If i can grab an extra Electro pack, i'll have my favorite Spidey because of this.

I wondered what was up Aaron's belt, but never would have guessed "visor." Neato.

House of M spiderman head works just as well for the wave 24 spidey, espcially because it has no peg hole an it looks exactly the same