UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

T2 series 2

Ah geez, that grayed out picture on the front page gave me a jolt.

It's odd, I seem to be the only person who has seen the 'mates sell well in my area (or at least enough to hinder my Endoskeleton/SWAT army building).

Also, cdubya what boxset are you talking about?

I was typing-tired and meant Series 2 specialty market (must've had "boxsets" on the mind for some reason*). Sorry for the confusion. :blush:

*Though I must confess that I feel that this 'line' was better geared for boxsets (at least one per movie) than 2-packs.

They actually sold well here (at the 2 of 3 TRUs that carried them) when they first came out. It was the outlandish "restock" (at least four cases!) at my nearest TRU that have stagnated and show no signs of moving. I counted 13 SWAT/T-800s (and at least half that many Endos) if you're interested (though I'm picking-up a few for Col. Marine customs in the event that the BSG line doesn't provide them). Until these go, I've little hope of ever seeing Series 2 (if/when they get resolicited).

Edited by cdubya

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah geez, that grayed out picture on the front page gave me a jolt.

It's odd, I seem to be the only person who has seen the 'mates sell well in my area (or at least enough to hinder my Endoskeleton/SWAT army building).

Also, cdubya what boxset are you talking about?

I was typing-tired and meant Series 2 specialty market (must've had "boxsets" on the mind for some reason*). Sorry for the confusion. :blush:

*Though I must confess that I feel that this 'line' was better geared for boxsets (at least one per movie) than 2-packs.

They actually sold well here (at the 2 of 3 TRUs that carried them) when they first came out. It was the outlandish "restock" (at least four cases!) at my nearest TRU that have stagnated and show no signs of moving. I counted 13 SWAT/T-800s (and at least half that many Endos) if you're interested (though I'm picking-up a few for Col. Marine customs in the event that the BSG line doesn't provide them). Until these go, I've little hope of ever seeing Series 2 (if/when they get resolicited).

Thanks for the offer, though my armies are pretty set as of now. But if I need Endos and SWAT's in the near future I'll give you a head's up.

Actually, if the line does fail, I may not mind one last boxed set to wrap it all up. BD Endo we already have, Combat T-800 is basically the Assault Gear T-800 with a new head and some minor tampo damage, we kind of already have the Cop T-1000 and Asylum Sarah is a bit of a meh figure. That leaves Liquid T-1000 (a personal must have for me), Asylum T-1000 (since I need a normal T-1000 for mix and match battle damage), John and BD Sarah. I could probably do without Sarah since I already have the Cyberdyne one but I'm sure she's a must have for a lot of collectors (Though I'm curious why DST put the BD Sarah in the regular line and not the non-BD one).

Yes, finally. Can't wait to finish this line. Going to be sweet. All of them together will make an awesome display along side the new NECA figures.

• 3 weeks later...

First toysrus.com canceled my original preorder for this wave, so I preordered them again.

The figures have now been removed from the site and now I get another email saying they canceled my preorder again. The reason they state in the email is because the items aren't in stock. (no duh! it's a preorder)

:down:

It is interesting that some of you are saying that their TRU Terminator mates are peg warmers, while here in Houston they actually sell well (along with the ghostbuster mates and obviously marvel mates) the peg warmers here were (and still are) Battlestar Galactica.

I myself can not wait till the new series comes out.

It is interesting that some of you are saying that their TRU Terminator mates are peg warmers, while here in Houston they actually sell well (along with the ghostbuster mates and obviously marvel mates) the peg warmers here were (and still are) Battlestar Galactica.

I myself can not wait till the new series comes out.

They did sell well at all three of the TRUs in my zone that got them. It was just my nearest one that restocked more Minimates than I have ever seen at one time that have stagnated. Even BSG sells out here. The only thing that really lingers are the Wolverine 'mates.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up the John Conner/Smoke Gun Arnold set and the Motorcycle cop T-1000/Battle Damaged Sarah yesterday. The Smoke Gun Arnold comes with an entire extra endoskeleton forearm to attach at the elbow (this is the first time I've seen this done -- we usually get either a hand or a whole arm). I almost dismissed it until I realized if you cut the nub off of the elbow joint and make it a right hand instead of a left, then it makes a good accessory for John.

Edited by Cowblaster

i got these (and most of the other mates) late last night. t2 was the only ones i opened and i was really surprised they come with a boat load of extra arms and guns, SO cool! i was going to post pictures but i left my camera at home :( so maybe pictures later?

It looks like the Motorcycle cop has a regular uniform under the vest. Can anyone confirm? He may become my police force army builder.

No dice. He IS wearing a uniform underneath, but it's got liquid metal bullet holes in it.

The wave 1 explosion-T-1000, however, DOES have an extra chest, which is a normal cop's uniform. It's been pointed out like 10 times. ;)

I'm pretty sure all our TRUs have enough to build at least 3 State-worths of Police. :rolleyes:

Seconded :D Thanks Cappy ol' bean!

Awww, John looks so cute and emo! :lol:

The wave 2 T-1000s are all kinds of genius, from the interchangeable metal "stabby" hands to the full-blown copper garb (complete with police baton!), and I still want that battle-damaged Sarah 'mate, never mind if I already have her boxset twin :P