UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Goth Girl Minimate Promo

Mine showed up today. It was a good surprise as I am lying around with my kids all with the flu and the there is a knock on the door and there's the envelope sitting on the porch. New minimates always makes a day better!

Edited by gambitron

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got one for the widget. I probably could have tried to get others for the ones the library I work at ordered, but then they would have belonged to the library and been given away in a contest to kids who don't really care about minimates. I think in the end it's better to leave the limited supply for the people who are minimate fans.

It's a cool minimate. Makes me glad the books get checked out a lot.

Got mine a couple of days ago. As far as promo mates go, this one is pretty sweet.

But yeah, 1000 minimates seems to be enough to feed our little subculture, for the most part. One one hand, minimates are still obscure enough that everyone who wants one badly enough can eventually get one. On the minus side, some minimates still aren't very widely available. Oh well.

I didn't get anything and amusingly I'm probably one of the few of us that has talked to the author directly ( albeit by email!)

Oh well, I just go into denial and pretend it doesn't exist!

T.

Yay!

Barry just emailed me to say that he's putting one in the post to me! :)

Looks like I'm not going to miss out after all.

Thanks Barry!

T.

Sounds like somebody's got a new BFF! :lol:

I didn't get anything and amusingly I'm probably one of the few of us that has talked to the author directly ( albeit by email!)

Oh well, I just go into denial and pretend it doesn't exist!

T.

Yay!

Barry just emailed me to say that he's putting one in the post to me! :)

Looks like I'm not going to miss out after all.

Thanks Barry!

T.

Sounds like somebody's got a new BFF! :lol:

LOL - Actually Barry is a really cool guy and was nothing but gracious & friendly in replying to my questions and emails when I was trying to find out the scoop for you guys.

T.

LOL - Actually Barry is a really cool guy and was nothing but gracious & friendly in replying to my questions and emails when I was trying to find out the scoop for you guys.

T.

Barry is a really cool guy & was nothing but gracious & friendly in replying to my questions and emails as well......especially the question regarding the photograph I have of him & .....the donkey. :ohmy:

My Goth Girl Minimate arrived in the post shortly afterwards. :D

Edited by buttheadsmate

T.

Barry is a really cool guy & was nothing but gracious & friendly in replying to my questions and emails as well......especially the question regarding the photograph I have of him & .....the donkey. :ohmy:

My Goth Girl Minimate arrived in the post shortly afterwards. :D

Glad to hear you managed to get one at last, BHM! (Assuming you weren't joking about that part.)

Has anyone else in the UK had any luck?

I'm hoping you at least photoshopped yourself out of that one first.

Only the moist areas.

My imagination reels.

I think that Satanism is a little different than Goth, doc. Nice try!

Maybe if it was a Slayer Girl Minimate...

The members of Slayer are not satanists. Tom Araya is a Catholic, and Kerry King is an atheist. Sorry, but I hate it when people just assume things due to the way and band looks, or what they sing about. Just like people automatically thinking you're a satanist if you wear a pentagram, or have the tattoo of a pentagram. Sorry for the side track, now on with the goth talk.

Sorry for the side track, now on with the goth talk.

Well I have say that I wish we'd get more promos like these in the future. So far we've gotten unlikely Minimates of a baker and a goth chick this way, maybe DST will get even stranger Minimate tie-ins in the future.

But really now, goth girls are gorgeous!

1034605593_turesdeath.jpg

B)

The members of Slayer are not satanists. Tom Araya is a Catholic, and Kerry King is an atheist. Sorry, but I hate it when people just assume things due to the way and band looks, or what they sing about. Just like people automatically thinking you're a satanist if you wear a pentagram, or have the tattoo of a pentagram. Sorry for the side track, now on with the goth talk.

:offtopic: It was a joke based on people's misconceptions of the band. I've played guitar for (probably) longer than you've been alive, Crippler. I've read many of Slayer's interviews and heard plenty of their music. I'm familiar. Even though they aren't satanists, they have made a pretty good living using the imagery. :offtopic:

I really love this Goth Girl Minimate. I'm with North Raider. We should be getting more of these limited edition 'Mates in the future. I think the 'Mate got old Barry more of an audience than the first book of the series!

:offtopic: It was a joke based on people's misconceptions of the band. I've played guitar for (probably) longer than you've been alive, Crippler. I've read many of Slayer's interviews and heard plenty of their music. I'm familiar. Even though they aren't satanists, they have made a pretty good living using the imagery. :offtopic:

I really love this Goth Girl Minimate. I'm with North Raider. We should be getting more of these limited edition 'Mates in the future. I think the 'Mate got old Barry more of an audience than the first book of the series!

I'm 35 by the way ;) You may have been kidding, but there are a lot of people who believe that though. I guess I sounded a little pissy. I wasn't trying to. I guess I needed to vent a little. I apologize for my piss poor attitude. You do look a bit older than me, so you were probably playing guitar longer than I have been alive old man :)

Edited by THE_CRIPPLER