UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

wave 27 (or is it 28?) shipping this week.

maxcarnage

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

went and got these guys as soon as I could today. My LCS owner hadn't even gotten a chance to put them out yet, so I got to open the case. Wow, they were worth the wait, especially Deadpool

Highlights of the wave:

- Deadpool comes with (as far as I can tell) all of the accessories in the control art. At first I was worried some of it was missing, as I couldn't see any of it in the tray, but I opened him up and he's got it all already assembled. He also comes with the spare mask that was shown, for those of you who like your Deadpool a little more crazy looking(which I do)

- Psylock's kantana was a pleasant suprise. Hadn't realized it was going to be included

- Psylock's psi-knife thingy attaches to the normal hand, as opposed to being a unique hand sculpt

-Gambit's cards are molded in translucent plastic, and look great

- The eye problem with Wolverine seems to be sorted out, as all of them in the two cases my LCS got had correct eyes

- Both Sabretooths(sabreteeth?) look great, though I kinda like the FA version a little more

- I feel the Skrull turned out better than expected, though I find the face to be a little wonky. He includes a BGS gun and holster painted silver and purple respectively

- Deadpool is smurfing awesome!

Any other west coasters not get series 27 shipped this week? i went to my lcs, and was told that only series 28 shipped this week. WHAT THE SMURF?! Last week, i was jipped out of getting them, because the entire west coast didn't get their shipments in. Now, my lcs didn't get them in again. i've come to the conclusion that DST hates me, because they keep preventing me from getting my most-wanted set released to date. why is this happening?:(

Just swung by a local store to see if I could pick up a couple of these sets and they didn't have them in yet, their shipment was late. He's going to be keeping some back for me though so it's not so bad.

The best part was looking at the minimates they had on display and sitting there was a bolt faced IM pack for $8 I couldn't believe it! At least the journey wasn't a total waste of time :D

T.

UPS just dropped off 10 cases of each wave at my door. :D

That's just got to be kinda sureal. In a water, water, everywhere and not a drop to drink kinda way.

Don't be too sure, Mini Myte. According to mother, i can't have them OR my comics until i clean my room this weekend. Of course, i'm sure she was just acting in the moment of "you know you're done now, right??" price shock, but whatever happens happens. In other words: pics will MOST LIKELY be up. If not, you're free (and as is anyone else) to do so.

Also, Glantern's description is 100% spot on, and very great at that; he got pretty much everything i was gonna say in the meanwhile. It's worth noting that there are NO pictures of the characters on the back of the boxes (next to the bios) for this wave. I found that odd since a few of these are obscure to the normal buyer...oh well. It was worth addressing.

Oh, and Deadpool's description is just full of win. And it includes Bea Arthur. :lol:

EDIT: Damn...Minimadman ninja'ed my offer to post pics AGAIN!! I wish my LCS got it's orders in earlier in the day...oh well. You all can rejoice and i don't have to bribe my mother. We all win. :)

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Here you are. I didn't take pics of Wolverine or Sabretooth for obvious reasons. Requests?
BEAUTIFUL! I want them even more now! Oh My God. Those look better than before! :lol: Edited by The GrumbleGrumbles

The amount of weapons that they were able to cram onto Deadpool is insane. The only problem is the swords are a little bent up. Did anyone else have trouble getting the mask off for the first time?

I did have problems getting it off (THE MASK) the first time also, Made sure i got a good look at the face (DEADPOOLS FACE) , then i put it back on (THE MASK)

Edited by Kraven

Oh you guys dont know the cruel cruel joke that was played on me today.....

so i happily head off to jim hanley's universe in NYC, where a girl that works there was hanging on to my Deadpool/ wolvey two pack... i get there... beaming w/ fanboy joy as she leaves to get it and retruns with..... MOVIE wolvey and ryan reynolds...... someone shouldve got the pic of the look on my fav cause i was about ready to burn the place to the ground.... but then she looool'd and braught me the wave 28 deadpool/wolvy i was SOOOOOO HAPPY... but yea i finally have him and he is just beyond amazing.... :thumbsup:

*sigh* Two months. This will be a looooooooooooooong two months.

Armed-to-the-teeth Deadpool looks even better than I imagined, practically all that's missing would be the token "Guess what I've got crammed up my a**" wisecrack. Gambit and Psylocke look just awesome as well... just to clarify, Gambit does come with regular hands, right?

Oh you guys dont know the cruel cruel joke that was played on me today.....

so i happily head off to jim hanley's universe in NYC, where a girl that works there was hanging on to my Deadpool/ wolvey two pack... i get there... beaming w/ fanboy joy as she leaves to get it and retruns with..... MOVIE wolvey and ryan reynolds...... someone shouldve got the pic of the look on my fav cause i was about ready to burn the place to the ground.... but then she looool'd and braught me the wave 28 deadpool/wolvy i was SOOOOOO HAPPY... but yea i finally have him and he is just beyond amazing.... :thumbsup:

You have to admit, that was a really cool joke :lol: You must be a regular at that shop... either that or that girl's got mad fandom awareness skills.

Not even out of his packaging 5 minutes and Deadpool is making friends fast in the minimate universe.

deadpool.jpg

Here's a tip for army builders: If you have any spare skrull heads from the Secret Invasion boxed set, stick'em on your spare skrull bodies and you've got a whole new minimate.

Edited by MINI_MYTE