Chronotrigger

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, he's the one with the wings and the big, obvious M for Mimic. :lol:

Here's a better pic:

ajxchs.jpg

And, no. that's not a Mighty Mugg in any way...i'm not dure how could think it is unless you've never seen one. It looks to me like a custom Cubee Craft, unless they updated their site with an official one.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;picture=out

put a giant M on the angel minimate and we have a mimic minimate ;)

Edited by Scorpion

He's sort of like the square paper version of a mighty mugg. It's called Cubeecraft. Check out: http://www.cubeecraft.com/

You can download patterns, print them off, cut them out & assemble them. They're pretty simple to assemble & don't require glue or tape to make.

Check out the Pop Culture section. Everything from Hellboy to X-Men to Starwars to Clerks.

Edited by Nessex

He's sort of like the square paper version of a mighty mugg. It's called Cubeecraft. Check out: http://www.cubeecraft.com/

You can download patterns, print them off, cut them out & assemble them. They're pretty simple to assemble & don't require glue or tape to make.

Check out the Pop Culture section. Everything from Hellboy to X-Men to Starwars to Clerks.

look at this cubeecraft

http://www.cubeecraft.com/cubee/swineflu :blink:

so these are mighty muggs

http://www.starstore.com/acatalog/marvel-m...-muggs-figs.jpg

It's one of those things that varies era to era. Originally, I think the intent was yellow and black, but the blue "highlites" made them look more blue. So they became always yellow and blue. Byrne always drew them yellow and black and dressed Kitty appropriately. Early 90's reinvention uniforms were consistently yellow and blue, and that lead to the blue and gold teams when X-Men and X-Factor all came back together. But then, recent flashbacks have them back to yellow and black.

So really it comes down to a coin flip choice that will alienate/please X-fans either way you go.

Well - i think they look awesome! i'm happy we're getting them at all.

I hope they do make it out this year, regardless of whether they end up being black or deep blue!

(And i think i have finally been worn down on the duck-feet issue!)

Edited by Nessex

Is anyone else a little skeptical of the December release date for wave 31? It's looking like 27 and 28 are pushed back to September at best. Based on that schedule, I would be very surprised to see waves 29 and 30 before the end of the year, much less 31 and 32.

AFX's box sets and the TRU releases are usually on schedule, though, so who knows? I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Hey, the poll worked! :P

Please take note that the Silver Age Angel will NO LONGER be the chase figure in this assortment, giving fans much improved odds on completing their Silver Age X-Men team.

And this is great news, IMO:

As if one team of classic X-Men with interchangeable heads and accessories wasn’t enough. . .

Don't know what this could mean exactly, but I'm hoping for an alternative Jean Gray mask:

http://image2.milehighcomics.com/istore/im...92366288.29.GIF

The more options, the better!

Don't know what this could mean exactly, but I'm hoping for an alternative Jean Gray mask:

http://image2.milehighcomics.com/istore/im...92366288.29.GIF

The more options, the better!

They're saving it for a variant of the "go-go girl" Marvel Girl costume.

And can we have a Mimic vs the Super Adaptoid minimate 2 pack, please? That would so rock. (and be a giant hunk of parts reuse too) Move to have this be MMMV's next Marvel minimate campaign after we get Kang.

Edited by Mirymate

:D god i cant wait for these i hope that with all these x-men mates upcoming they dont forget about the villains like you guys were talking about mimic would be awsome this would be my line up for a brotherhood set(the same way there formating the x-factor&fa sets)

brotherhood box

---------------------

pyro

avalanche

toad

blob

tru 2 pack

-------------------

mystique(black costume w/ extra shapeshift pieces)

juggernaught(powerhouse)

i really hope these and many more x-men and x-men villains get made

:D god i cant wait for these i hope that with all these x-men mates upcoming they dont forget about the villains like you guys were talking about mimic would be awsome this would be my line up for a brotherhood set(the same way there formating the x-factor&fa sets)

brotherhood box

---------------------

pyro

avalanche

toad

blob

tru 2 pack

-------------------

mystique(black costume w/ extra shapeshift pieces)

juggernaught(powerhouse)

i really hope these and many more x-men and x-men villains get made

brotherhood set is just what i'd put in the 'most wanted box set' thread

i approve

No, not just Mimic. Mimic alone would be great. (and be another case of "good" duck feet) But I'm greedy, and I admit it. I want the Super Adaptiod too, in all his kelly green Avengers parts goodness.

And Brotherhood boxed set... hmmm... my gut reaction is that the characters are too obscure (relative to other boxed sets made) and not relevant enough to warrant their own set. Then DST dropped the Infinity Gauntlet bomb. When the best known character in the set is the devil, and the set commemorates a decade old event, the old rules are out the window. If that sells well, and I PRAY it does, then the door is officially wide ope... er... cracked wider than it's been in terms of character selection .

Just a quick question: Is there any special story behing the chunky belt Iceman is wearing in the X-Factor box set? Did the X-Factor go up against Rocky & win in an early issue? Does the belt augment his powers? Or were the artists of the era just looking for a way to break up an essentially all white costume?

Yep, that's the right of it. During his X-Factor days, Bobby's powers ran out of control. Unless limited somehow, he would cover the world in ice. So the belt helps him reign this in. Note that this was the best he could look, he could never turn his power off and look human.

We need a silver age Brotherhood, as well. Mastermind is essential, and Quicksilver needs a makeover as desperately as any other figure out there, IMO.

So Brohood:

Quicksilver

Mastermind

Scarlet Witch

Toad

Is that the main idea here?