UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New contest?

Page110

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about rather than making it a specific type of contest (custom, photo-challenge, movie poster, etc.), you make it a contest centering on a specific theme? Like if the next big movie of the season is G.I. Joe, you start an open G.I. Joe contest where people can do their own Minimate-style homage to the series: a Minimate version of the movie poster, a Cobra Commander custom, a Snake Eyes photocomic....

Then you just use regular artistic criteria like originality, audience impact, execution... whatever.

Thats a really cool idea i'm working on prizes now but I like that.

I also wanna do a mega man one. I think thats what i am leaning towards.

Edited by Page110

I agree Norths idea is good. I'm not sure how about Mega man costume minimates and remade covers for old 8bit video games like the original mega man's or any other old 8bit/ 32 bit video game? This is not the contest idea yeah once i confirm the prizes then I will post it the details and rules and dates and all that.

Edited by Page110

I agree Norths idea is good. I'm not sure how about Mega man costume minimates and remade covers for old 8bit video games like the original mega man's?

When you say "costume", do you mean "custom"?

I think a megaman contest would be alright, but IMO, I don't think it'll get as many entries as a "general themed" contest.

If you pick Megaman as the theme, I call Cutsman or I'm not entering! :P

Plastic Cartoon lunchboxes

I had a plastic Garfield lunchbox in the early 80's (right after my metal gremlins one rusted). You can claim Power Rangers in your 90's, but on behalf of the 80's I claim plastic lunch boxes.

Aaaaaaaaaand, back on topic...

I think a Megaman contest is cool. I've always felt Minimates would do Megaman some good toys.

I agree Norths idea is good. I'm not sure how about Mega man costume minimates and remade covers for old 8bit video games like the original mega man's?

I call Cutsman or I'm not entering! :P

Thats cool the theme might most likely be 8bit/32bit videogames but i hope some one makes a mega man bad guy lol.

Problem with the general theme contest:

Say somebody enters a design for a Minimate, or an illustration of a cover/poster.

A customizer could come along copy that for their entry as a custom, not saying anyone here would do that, it's just possible. It would also be possible for it to happen unintentionally, a design and custom look similar, however neither had any intention of copying the other, but there's no way to prove that. Perhaps all entries would need to be submitted on the same day, or via PM?

Also, I'm down for a Video Game contest.

Edited by Shamrock

Just some idea a newbie had that I'd like to see or maybe try:

-A line based on a specific movie/tv show/book, or comic ex: Star Wars Attack of the Clones.

-Characters that normally don't get made into customs. Lesser known or simply overlooked.

-A team of bad guys like the Injustice League, or maybe anti-heroes like the Secret Six.

Just some idea a newbie had that I'd like to see or maybe try:

-A line based on a specific movie/tv show/book, or comic ex: Star Wars Attack of the Clones.

-Characters that normally don't get made into customs. Lesser known or simply overlooked.

-A team of bad guys like the Injustice League, or maybe anti-heroes like the Secret Six.

I like that but I really think we are going for a Older video game theme. So like 32bit Teenage mutant ninja turtles turtles in time for example or the old mega man.

*emphasis on this because believe it or not, not everybody in the Multiverse is a prize-winning Minimate customizer. Heck, some of us can't even mix paint to save our lives :blink:

I wouldn't win any prizes for customising but when I get into the groove of actually doing them.... after 'thinking' about doing them for far too long...I love it. My Zorro was the first custom I had ever used paint on :ohmy: ....frightening.

Plastic Cartoon lunchboxes

I had a plastic Garfield lunchbox in the early 80's (right after my metal gremlins one rusted).

Garfield & Gremlins ? :ohmy: It's a wonder to me you didn't get your lunchbox stomped on by the other kids at High School :lol: ....or was it your first day at work.... or your wedding reception!

How's this post for irritation ;)

custom lunchbox contest???

my first lunchbox I got the day before I started kindergarten (fall 1991), it was a marvel superheroes one featuring spidey, captain america and the hulk :D I still had it all the way through high school too!

my parents were so cool, how many other kids were reading iron man and x-men comics BEFORE they started school? that makes me all nostalgic... haha

I would like to see the video game customs people would come up with. So, my vote for a contest, if anyone here THINKS that they might run one, would be for video game characters! Or for JSA members.

C'mon King Hippo!

Edited by karamazov80

I would like to see the video game customs people would come up with. So, my vote for a contest, if anyone here THINKS that they might run one, would be for video game characters! Or for JSA members.

C'mon King Hippo!

:angry: SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you some kind of mind reader?

How did you know? How did you know? How did you know?

Looks like I should rethink, or do I automatically get your vote? :lol: