UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Please allow myself to introduce... myself

Hey everyone! I am a new poster here, but I have been lurking and reading posts for several months.

One of the main reasons I joined now is, obvious by my user name, the new Ghostbusters line. The Ghostbusters sites I visit haven't talked much about it, and you guys here have a couple strong topics on it already.

My Minimates collection is not limited to Ghostbusters though, as my first set was a gift, the Scarlet Spider/Hobgoblin FYE/Suncoast set, and I fell in love with the line instantly.

I only have a couple of sets, as I kind of jumped on later in the run, so I am working on back tracking to get the sets I really want, which involves a lot of eBay watching, ha ha.

Just figured I would introduce myself, hopefully I can keep collecting more and more 'Mates, and I'll get to stick around for a while!

An Austin Powers quote is a great way to start off :)

Welcome to the Multiverse! I am pleased we seem to be getting some new folks signing up based on the new licenses Minimates have expanded into, it's very cool to see.

Greetings and Salutations DrV.

Glad to see some of the new Ghostbusters fans coming out of the closet ( we know there are a lot more of you there lurking!) and posting, it's always good to get the views of new people!

T.

Hey Richie Cunningham,

I'm sure you & your wife Oprah will love the MMMV. I'm also a bit of an eBay watcher due to joining the MMMV quite late in the game. Sometimes it's possitively painful (especially when you get sniped on something you've been following for a week), but it's totally worth it when you stumble across something you've been dying for at a bargain price.

Welcome to the MMMV!

Ness.

Edited by Nessex

Welcome to the board! :D We could always use more Ghostbusters fans, it's been getting pretty antsy here with all the Marvel fans, T2 fans, BSG fans and DC/Street Fighter dead horse-beaters :P

Welcome aboard, Dr. Venkman and enjoy your stay at the Multiverse!

As you are a long time lurker you know that it is my pleasure to introduce newbies with the old traditional BobHarris Movie Challenge!

I quote a movie, you name where it's from.

And your quote is this:

"That's it, come here Francine. What do we do?"

:whistling:

First off, props to the Lost in Translation reference, I love that movie.

As for the quote, I *think* it's from the second highest grossing movie of 1984... The name is on the tip of my tongue... Ghost Smashers? Ghost Chasers? No that's not it... oh yeah, Ghostbusters!

It's a sad fact that nobody will watch either one with me, because I know every line, so I quote every single line as I watch. Everyone gets to about that line you quoted, and they turn to me and go "Really?" and they leave, ha ha.

As for the quote, I *think* it's from the second highest grossing movie of 1984... The name is on the tip of my tongue... Ghost Smashers? Ghost Chasers? No that's not it... oh yeah, Ghostbusters!

It's a sad fact that nobody will watch either one with me, because I know every line, so I quote every single line as I watch. Everyone gets to about that line you quoted, and they turn to me and go "Really?" and they leave, ha ha.

Thanks for the compliment on my name. (It's my parents' fault. No, kidding.) Funny thing is, when I entered the Multiverse, that name wasn't as unambiguous as you might think.

And: Woohoo, very well done!

Anybody else noticed that Trecker42 somehow vanished? :(

Thanks for the compliment on my name. (It's my parents' fault. No, kidding.) Funny thing is, when I entered the Multiverse, that name wasn't as unambiguous as you might think.

And: Woohoo, very well done!

Anybody else noticed that Trecker42 somehow vanished? :(

I apologize Bob. But I've had limited computer access recently and only get on once a day and have little time to actually post. Thank you for taking over my position. I appreciate it. Please continue to do so until I tell you to stop. And please spell my name correctly :biggrin:

Live long and Prosper.

T42.

In fact, I wanted to be mean and tease you, Treccer24!

"You're the best there is in what you do, and what you do .. is pretty cool!" :D

It is your job and I like it, so please keep up aksing the movie questions.

Thanks. I'll do what I can while incapacitated. But I believe it is time for this newbie to get his REAL movie challenge.

That's right! The T42 MOVIE CHALLENGE!!!!!

It's similar to the bob Harris movie Challenge but this quote is slightly harder.

"Does she know that her daughter is still alive?"