UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

They're still dead!

cylonchaney

• 2 weeks later...
ya... but wouldn't it be cool if they made Electric Blue Superman?!?!

(sorry.. couldn't resist)

He's dead Jim.

Yes!

Sorry, but I could already see the Red Superman variant pack. How has DC Direct not had protestors with pitchforks and torches yet? It's funny how some of these companies continually look for altered versions of the minimate concept rather than stick with the figure that has proven it's profitability. DC for example has licensed their likenesses to Lego, Kubrick, Q-Blox (for the Dark Knight), Hot Toys and their own internal DC Direct Pocket Heroes - all based upon the 2"-3" line. While Lego's, Kubrick's and Hot Toys line are different, Pocket Heroes and Q-Blox were MM wannabe's. With all they invested in these lines, one has to wonder if they're investments would have been better suited just licensing the MM style. Shame, I would have liked to have seen a further expansion into the DC Universe.

I've said this before in many other similar threads. You're better off with the line being dead vs what DCD had in mind for the line. Trust me on this.

I have no idea what they were planning, but it seems like more Teen Titans might have been in the works (they released Raven, Cyborg, Starfire, and Nightwing, but no Kid Flash, Changeling, adult Robin, Aqualad, Wonder Girl, or Speedy). That makes me personally very sad thinking of what might have been.

I've said this before in many other similar threads. You're better off with the line being dead vs what DCD had in mind for the line. Trust me on this.

This is news to me. Did you have "inside info", or are you making a joke? :D

I admit that I'm pretty bummed about not having the line go any further when I see all that Marvel is doing with Minimates. I am glad that we at least got Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, Guy Gardner, Cass/Batgirl in c3, some TT and a few others. But then you start thinking about the could have beens, Fire/Ice, more Green Lantern figures based on Blackest Night, never made figures like Rip Hunter--it's pretty frustrating. But based on how DCD handles some of their other lines I think I have an idea of what you mean for what they had in mind. :wallbash:

A little inside info from someone I trust. I'd rather remember them for what they were than see what they would've been.

A little inside info from someone I trust. I'd rather remember them for what they were than see what they would've been.

So what did they have in mind? Please don't drop that little nugget and not explain.

Nothing good. DCD was going to do the design work in house, rather than having AA do them. Mostly all reused parts - not much if anything new for the next wave.

Like I said, probably a good thing while it lasted but not something I'd petition DCD to bring back. At least not while Georg is still in charge.

No new parts is fine if the made new Minimates.

And jjw-there was some protesting back when they were cancelling the line. As to why it's not being done now, I think some of it relates to most people have moved on and some of it relates to DCD making themselves hard to access.

And jjw-there was some protesting back when they were cancelling the line. As to why it's not being done now, I think some of it relates to most people have moved on and some of it relates to DCD making themselves hard to access.

That and DCD could give a fuck less about those of us that bought their products. I have not bought a single DCD item nor DC Comics since the demise of the DC mates. Although this has me tempted I would have to sell everything I own to get it.

That and DCD could give a fuck less about those of us that bought their products. I have not bought a single DCD item nor DC Comics since the demise of the DC mates. Although this has me tempted I would have to sell everything I own to get it.

Hm, looking at that again, I don't like it quite as much as I did. Mostly becuase the rings all have the same style sculpt at the giveaway that came with Blackest Night 1. Sticks out way too far.