UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

No more Ghostbuster Minimates with the game pack

Making this set only available through the deluxe set priced itself out of the market for many people, myself included. I think this change will hurt Amazon more than DST. Anyone interested in buying the deluxe version of the game now with a key chain and a statue? Sure, some might. But look at it this way... if Amazon suddenly said "sorry, the collectible key chain valued at whatever won't be included in the set", how many order cancellations would they be receiving?

DST will be able to sell the minimates. I'm not worried about them at all.

I don't know. We all might be a tad bit biased. I would bet more people pre-ordered the set for the Slimer statue than anything. Honestly, I doubt many cared much for the Minimates. If they were Minimates of the actual 'Busters, that would have been another issue.

There's not much I can say that hasn't already been said, so I'll just say this is disappointing. I was worried about how I was going to offset the cost of this bundle, but with the 'mates canceled, I've canceled my whole order. This is a major setback, as this would have been a major stepping stone for DST in making their product relevant. We've only had two tie-ins like this in the past, and those were just retreads for Darktide and Ultimate Avengers 2. With this set, we had a whole new box set bundled with a major game release. How many people ordered this bundle strictly for the 'mates? Hopefully, there will be no negative impact to DST's relationship with Amazon because of this.

We don't even know what happened at this point, so no need in fretting for the future just yet.

Just going to spitball another theory out there:

What if DST got the exclusive to Amazon on time, but Amazon decided that the exclusive would sell better seperately rather than having bundled it with the game? If pre-orders for the special video game pack were too low, Amazon could try to salvage the promotion by offering the Minimates separately at $20 - $25 a pop. Especially if they've been seeing after-market ebay pre-sales for the exclusive Ghostbuster Minimates going for big money.

Given shipping delays with Minimates, it is easy to assume DST was unable to get the Minimates to Amazon on time. However, if my theory is true, Amazon has taken note of the Minimates Phenomenon and we can probably expect many more Amazon exclusives.

DST got back to me and the official line is that they are preparing 'an official statement'.

So we should hear something soon.

This is just me reading between the lines from the various sources it looks like there was a foul up in shipping which caused the delay (although we don't know who is to blame yet) and I suspect they are going to be looking for a new home for these now."

T.

I suspect they are going to be looking for a new home for these now."

isn't there a renovated fire house in New York that has a ghost containment of this capacity?

i see great minds do think a like

Edited by maxcarnage

I actually registered on this forum because of this particular incident. I was super stoked about this set, and now I'm super stoked at the potential to find it cheaper. I also canceled my preorder, this was really my main reason to do so. I'll get the game later when the price drops.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the set...

If they're no longer amazon exclusives. they may need to re-package - that could be ugly. They may end up as bagged give-aways or something (but then there may be licensing issues)

I wouldn't mind getting these at regular price, but there was no way in hell that I'd throw down for the video game and the other stuff just to get those

AA/DST made a major slip up not having these on time. I agree these could be hard to repackage but I can see them just getting slipped into Ghostbusters waves if they are released I think the game will have enough recognition for ppl to pick up the packs with the ghosts they recognise.

The picture that I have seen of the Amazon set maybe a packaging mock-up but clearly shows the Amazon logo on the front. Printing & Packaging used to be my game & I feel confident in saying that if these are already in packages then the logistics of 'peeling & sticking' & then rebranding them is not cost-effective & at best ....messy. The very first Marvel TRU exclusives used a foil-sticker to differentiate them but this package doesn't lend itself to that method . On the other hand it can be done ....the BTTF.com exclusive 'Enchantment under the sea' pack has a sticker on the reverse which carefully covers the original 'Previews' logo .....!!

My conclusion is that this will show at Amazon at some later date because Amazon aren't daft & they know what I know.......re-packaging these isn't an economical option if they are already packaged.

Edited by buttheadsmate

My conclusion is that this will show at Amazon at some later date because Amazon aren't daft & they know what I know.......re-packaging these isn't an economical option if they are already packaged.

If these are no longer Amazon exclusive, why would Amazon have to pay to have them repackaged? Seems to me they wouldn't give a crap about how much the box costs if they aren't even selling them. Would they even be legally obligated?