UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

360 Natal VS PS3 Motion

Nestlé

I'll link to a vid when one is available... But can you imagine?

Microsoft says they WON'T be putting out a new console, that Natal will revolutionize the 360.

Complete motion control... IOver everything.

No controllers.

Edited by Nestlé

1up editor says:

Video showing some pretty it's form the future shit with full body mo cap, item scanning, facial recognition and voice recognition.

Sounds weird. Guess they need something to compete with their lack of a Blu Ray player.

Actually, another announcement today was that all Netflix movie watching on 360 will play instantly and run in 1080P come fall.

They actually showed it being demoed at the show too.

Maybe I can get some links.

Here we go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWm_PygFotI...feature=channel

And here is a... "weirder" take on the tech: Creepy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWnZOseA3Lw

So when does Milo development his own thinking-capabilities without our responses and begin to think he's better than us, causing him to plan the downfall of the human race and the rise of machines?? That's obviously what they're going for with this, right??

Seriously, that's just creepy. Not sure i want some kid WHO DOESN'T EXIST knowing my thoughts and feelings before i do, just based on my face which he cannont personally see... :blink:

I was skeptical about how well the Wii technology would work and it is very effective. If the Natal technology can cope without sensors, it should be awesome.

I'm skeptical about the Microsoft one. I imagine that it would be rather difficult distinguishing between different people and incidental movement when you're having one scanner track all the movement. And I'm inclined to call bullshit on that bit where the kid scans his skateboard.

Sony showed a working product and it looks like Microsoft showed a commercial. That's not to say Sony brought a better product to the table (it seemed closer to what the Wii is doing with its new controller, though the movement on the Sony one looks more 1:1), it just comes across more like a finished product than a theory. Still, I hear that MS had some working builds at their booth, but I've yet to see it in action.

Drgn, I've got links to them showing the tech on a post on the first page.

I DO agree with you though. IF Microsoft can make it work (And that's a big IF) hands down, they've got my vote.

Sony's seems like a strong next step from what Wii has done and it looks good.

I think both of them have a very strong showing.