UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Let's talk Hulks!

edge2100

Hopefully this is the right place for this.

This just popped into my mind as I was staring at my collection of 4 hulks + abomination. As a lot of people probably do, I try and avoid buying the same characters over and over again (unless its the punisher). At any rate, let's see what everyone thinks:

1. Overall best Hulk

2. Worst Hulk

3. Favorite Hulk (doesn't necessarily need to be the best hulk.

Here's mine

1. Battle Damaged Hulk wave 22

2. Incredible Hulk

3. Grey Hulk---I bought my first marvel minimate sets in TRU just to get him, and maybe there's a place in my heart for the earliest minimates no matter how poorly executed...

Best: Heroes set Hulk. I know I will be in the minority here, but for me he captures the comic look perfectly.

Worst: Movie Hulk. I didn't like the shade of green that they made him, and I think his hair is too bulky.

Favorite: Avengers box set Hulk - Jack Kirby FTW!

Edited by luke314pi

Who is "Incredible Hulk"? The one from the Heroes set?

My choices:

Best: Defenders Hulk--the definitive Minimate Hulk

Worst: "Professor" Hulk

Favorite: Defenders Hulk. . .but if I need to choose a second, different one, it would be movie Hulk.

Edited by karamazov80

Best Hulk: the one from the Heroes Boxed set.

Worst Hulk: Grey Hulk, the head piece just looks ridiculously oversized to me.

Favorite Hulk: The Kirby Hulk is close, but really the overall charm of the very first Hulk wins.

YMMV

Best: Wave 4 Hulk.

Worst: Zombie Hulk

Favorite: Wave 4. I'm just partial to the little guy. He's a pure minimate

dude there is no Hulk in wave 4.....the first green hulk was in wave 1 :)

my list

Best: toss up between defenders and heroes one

worst: professor or grey

fave: wave one - it was my first marvel minimate set and started the craziness lol

Jeff of the Miniacs

Who is "Incredible Hulk"? The one from the Heroes set?

He's the one from the Avengers set. I wasn't a fan of the way his torso is so V like and his hair/face also has this flat triangle type thing, reminds me of guile from SF.

It's interesting to see who likes what. The only conclusion I can draw from this about minimates is that the execution of a character really doesn't have a lot to do if you really like it or not, the most important thing is the connection you can make to it, which I guess is why a few people, including myself love the first hulk so much. Altho, it may be safe to say, not too many people have a connection to a figure like riot-spidey hahaha, you never know tho.

Best: Wave 1, IMO he's minimate personified.

- I still think we've evolved too far from the simple clean designs minimates were supposed to be.

Worst: "Professor" Hulk

- It's as unattractive as Shanester dressed up as She Hulk for his "special roleplay sessions!"

Favorite: Nekkid Hulk

- as customized by so many jolly japesters out there :)

T.

Yeah, I uh, figured that out after I posted. I got him confused with Doom (green and all) :/

Yeah, I uh, figured that out after I posted. I got him confused with Doom (green and all) :/

Especially with Doom not being in wave 4 either ( Try wave 5) ... Did some have brainmelt flakes for breakfast ;)

T.

I assume Original Hulk means the wave 1 hulk/very first hulk? I tend to wonder if I would have actually gotten into mates if it wasn't for that guy and the grey hulk.

Speaking of getting far away from the original mates, I finally got the original green gobby. There is def something about the simplicity of the original ones that is very attractive. Even the hair feels softer than the newer ones, differnet plastic or something maybe? At the same time, the amount of details on the newer ones are really great work though, and in someway might make them seem more worth the money.

Seeing as I'm notoriously indecisive (:lol:)...

Best: Heroes Hulk and Defenders Hulk (the Defenders Hulk is my definitive one right now, but I feel his place will be contested soon... ;))

Worst: Professor Hulk (Kirby Hulk is a close second, but only because of everything he put me through :blink:)

Favorite: She-Hulk! :P

If that were an official release, Bob, it would have my vote as well. If I could pick a single figure in my collection that I would like to be bigger than the rest, (apart from the Maximates), it would be Hulk. Terrific work on that one.

Worst: Avengers #1 Hulk/Grey Hulk

- I don't know, there's just something off about them. Maybe it is the huge heads...

Favorite: Zombie Hulk

-What's their not to love about zombies?

Best: Defenders Hulk

-Probably the best Hulk. Coming in a close secod, though, would be the Heroes Hulk.