UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Codes are cracked, as a prize we got concept art !

TBT!

The Howling Commandoes are the most acceptable of all.

Sadly, there's no derby for a Dum Dum, hat for Reb Ralston, etc.

A Howling Commandoes team is on my top of teams I'd like, along with the Inhumans.

There was C3 Riddler's. I know, just say'in.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great art AA/DST!

(And nice to have you back TBT!)

I really like the new sculpted parts and I'm glad there are some people that do like Armored Daredevil 'cause I thought it's pretty unnecessary costume variant. But when people actually love him, everything's fine. ;)

I really like the new sculpted parts and I'm glad there are some people that do like Armored Daredevil 'cause I thought it's pretty unnecessary costume variant. But when people actually love him, everything's fine. ;)

While I wasn't clamoring for this one or anything, this was the outfit that DD wore for a fair amount of time during the 1990s (I actually collected Daredevil at the time). Given that some of the very first Marvel Minimates released were Daredevil and his original, "yellow" counterpart, I'm guessing that someone at AA likes this guy. As such, it is very unsurprising to me that we are getting this character.

these look great daredevil is the star of the wave for me ,panther coming a close second

Panther then the Moon Knight for me.

"You wore WHITE to a Superhero fight?"

I'll beimpressed if you can guess where that's from. And it's not a movie.

Ultimate Spiderman.

Can't remember the issue... was it part 2 of Warriors?

Something like that...

Impressed?

Cool indeed.

Still not sold on the Wolverine-as-soldier... but I want a second Hydra agent. (actually I'd pass on BOTH Wolverines for but for the Hydra agents, but I digress) One quibble with WWW (aside from it's existence), shouldn't those be BONE claws? Just sayin'.

Black Panther is the star of the wave to me, modern and classic look, and I only have to buy him once to get it. WooHoo!

Would love... LOVE to be able to get sets of just army builders as someone suggested.

And before someone pipes up: Yes we know, Storm's Jim Lee costume isn't really white. It's shiny black and drawn with white highlights to the point it was often mistaken for white, especially in the 90's cartoon series. But it looks darn good, so let's not get hung up on this old point.

One quibble with WWW (aside from it's existence), shouldn't those be BONE claws? Just sayin'.

WWW=World War Wolvie? If so, those look like bone claws to me.

On another point, I personally think the whole idea of "retconning" Wolvie to give him bone claws in the first place was stupid.

these look great daredevil is the star of the wave for me ,panther coming a close second

Ultimate Spiderman.

Something like that...

Impressed?

I am impressed. More impressed with you than with the cheater.

I love that quote about Moon Knight. It defines how crazy he is.

Why isnt anyone complaining about the fact we are not even getting a villain? We are getting a henchman, and I personally would like to see more of an outcry about this.

:bunny:

This wave reminds me a lot of wave 23, really random grouping of characters with a villian in the variant pack. At least this time, we actually want multiples of the bad guy. But point well taken. We do need more villains. Lots more villains... maybe an all villain WAVE!! Or at least a couple of boxed sets. Like a Wreckng Crew boxed set. And one for the Brotherhood. And the second Masters of Evil, darn it!

And my apologies, karamazov80. I somehow missed the bone claws on my first look. the newbie stands humbled on his third post. :blush: Take it as a sign of just how unimpressed I was with the figure.

And my apologies, karamazov80. I somehow missed the bone claws on my first look. the newbie stands humbled on his third post. :blush: Take it as a sign of just how unimpressed I was with the figure.

I'm sorry, but we cannot accept mistakes of that kind around here. The stakes are just too high. Mods? :ban:

I think this is the definitive quote about Moon Knight's costume, and how crazy he is, from Moon Knight #1:

"Hawkeye thought a lot of things were funny. 'Let me get this right, Moony. You work mostly at night? And you dress all in white? Har-dee-har har.' Thought that was a riot. Told him I don't wear white to hide myself. I wear it so they'll see me coming. So they'll know who it is. 'Cause when they see the white, it doesn't matter how good a target I am. Their hands shake so bad, they couldn't hit the moon."

Edited by stack32

Why isnt anyone complaining about the fact we are not even getting a villain? We are getting a henchman, and I personally would like to see more of an outcry about this.

yes - yes - yes!!! Sinister, Stryfe, The MLF, Holocaust, Shriek, The Symbiotes!!! Bring them all on! WOOT!

EDIT: I am VERY hyped about Storms lightning accessory! I may need to buy 3 or 4 of her so that i have the 'electricty' effect for shocker, or any upcoming *cough*Electro's*cough* that may be in the works.

Also - those new storm shoulders are going to be PERFECT for a 'Rolled up leather jacket sleeve' on a Jim Lee Rogue custom.

Edited by Nessex

(above quotation): ....... apparently attributed to Adolf Hitler on hearing that Sideshow Collectibles had cancelled the '1936 SDCC Lebensraum Exclusive'

I'm really glad that I jumped from Superhero Squad to Minimates. I'm pumped for this new wave!

That's one of the nice thing about being a father... My youngest is 3 1/2, so I get to collect both... for the children you understand, for the children.(we have a LOT of "Iron Mans" and "Pectaclr Pider-Mans", but since he's only 3 he hasn't learned to hate pointless variants yet. Give him time, he'll learn)

Of course the downside there is Richie has a Kang for his collection.

(and the cute thing is, it's one of the few SHS guys that doesn't have a MM equivelant so he's always asking his older brother "why don' you haff da blue-face bad guy?" Way to rub salt in the wound buddy.)

I'm really glad that I jumped from Superhero Squad to Minimates. I'm pumped for this new wave!
That's one of the nice thing about being a father... My youngest is 3 1/2, so I get to collect both... for the children you understand, for the children.(we have a LOT of "Iron Mans" and "Pectaclr Pider-Mans", but since he's only 3 he hasn't learned to hate pointless variants yet. Give him time, he'll learn)

Of course the downside there is Richie has a Kang for his collection.

(and the cute thing is, it's one of the few SHS guys that doesn't have a MM equivelant so he's always asking his older brother "why don' you haff da blue-face bad guy?" Way to rub salt in the wound buddy.)

As a single, Childless, 27 year old - i really have no excuse for collecting both . . . . although i do buy them all :tongue:

My 'excuse' is that while MiniMates are better, my Marvel Legends Mojo BAF needs Superhero Squad for his X-Babies. LOL

Edited by Nessex

Ultimate Spiderman.

Something like that...

Impressed?

I am impressed. More impressed with you than with the cheater.

I knew that, even without looking! I just didn't reply in time. :P

DST just keeps finding ways to take my money. Plus, I'll be able to get the Armored Daredevil mate - something I didn't think I would ever see. Maybe there is still hope for Darkhawk, Spider-Man Unlimited Spidey and the Joe Wade Scarlet Spider.

that moon knight is the most exciting thing i've ever seen. and that x-force wolvie... dear god :D i hate reprints of existing characters as much as the next guy, but this is my favorite wolverine costume ever. omg.

this whole wave looks good, even the ww2 wolvie doesn't look dumb like I thought he would