UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Official Unofficial AFX Marvel Boxed Set Final Results

Bob Harris

My question is (Bob), what's the most respectful, professional way to word the e-mail?

I can't see "You should make these" getting too many positive results... :lol:

Erm, I'm not the native speaker here, so probably someone else might have better ideas. However, I guess even sending in the list, AFX will get what you are trying to say...

I wrote: "You asked for it, so this is my input as to what 4-packs I would like to see you pursue in the future: "

The power of collective action! Next, we all need to lobby our Congressmen/women for something. If we all act together, they have to listen! We will have a poll as to what we will lobby them for, and everyone must submit to the decision of the masses. My vote is for more ethanol subsidies. Add it to the list, Bob.

Check. :P

Wait, isn't that the way Switzerland is doing it's business?

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My apologies for resurrecting the hell out of this thread, but I've noticed something interesting about our top picks - we've gotten or are scheduled to get a lot of our choices:

#1 SINISTER FOES OF SPIDERMAN (aka Sinister Six) - Electro, Lizard, Vulture and Scorpion

#2 EXCALIBUR - Captain Britain, Phoenix, Shadowcat and Meggan

#3 WRECKING CREW - Wrecker, Bulldozer, Pile Driver and Thunderball

#3 AVENGERS -Falcon, Black Panther, Mockingbird and Yellowjacket

#5 INHUMANS - Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak and Gorgon

That's nearly 50% of our choices that have been made. Coincidence, or is Diamond paying attention?

Also interesting is that no one has been made from the Wrecking Crew yet.

I did notice that, too. I really hope that the Wrecking Crew indeed gets their own exclusive 4pack, since besides the Wrecker himself, putting a single one of these guys in a dubious 2pack won't make any sense. And you'll loose the great chance to come up with that 4pack. AFX, come on! :D

Oh, and since we already got Black Bolt, I also hope for one of those nerdy exclusive 4packs giving us four aditional Inhumans.

Edited by Bob Harris

Hey you could follow Hasbro's example and release everyone BUT the Wrecker. :wallbash:

To say a Wrecking Crew boxed set would make me happy would be an understatement. I spent a long time championing a Wrecking Crew boxed set over on Fwoosh back in the days when Falcon was a semi regular there, and Toy Biz was exploding the Marvel Legends brand to new heights and changing the action figure game. There was a real push by a lot more than just little ol' me, like most of the active board at the time, to try and get a Wrecking Crew set made, and Falcon kept saying he couldn't convince the money people that it'd sell enough. Oh when they did eventually make a Young Avengers set, which didn't sell, believe me we gave him a teasing earful. But it never happened. He kept saying he heard us, and agreed it would rock, but it never made the schedule.

And Hasbro's a whole other story.

I really think, given the more collector centric nature of minimate boxed sets, that a Wrecking Crew set is an even better idea now than it was then. And considering there's a Thor movie on the horizon, and the Crew is appearing regularly across Marvel as part of the Hood's gang, the timing couldn't be better.

My apologies for resurrecting the hell out of this thread, but I've noticed something interesting about our top picks - we've gotten or are scheduled to get a lot of our choices:

#1 SINISTER FOES OF SPIDERMAN (aka Sinister Six) - Electro, Lizard, Vulture and Scorpion

That's nearly 50% of our choices that have been made. Coincidence, or is Diamond paying attention?

Also interesting is that no one has been made from the Wrecking Crew yet.

Well since the Sinister Six, Excalibur, and Avengers sets are pretty well taken care of, I hope we see more attention for boxed sets for the Wrecking Crew and Inhumans. Since we already have Black Bolt, ideally we'd get Triton, Karnak, Gorgon, and Maximus in a boxset. Crystal and Lockjaw would make a better 2-pack, and Medusa could be released along with Frightful Four team members.

From all of the mentions of Falcon being a fav. and the upcoming Vulture release, I think he's a safe bet for 2010. We all know Chuck's personal affection for Spidey, so Lizard seems a given as well. He'll probably just be worked-in to a rehash or exclusive wave due to amount of new sculpted pieces he'd require. Wrecking Crew just makes too much sense (as does a Masters of Evil) as a boxset, and just smacks of the kind of necessary-yet-semi-obscure exclusive that AFX has been known for backing. Upcoming Thor and Avengers movies seem to increase our odds of landing these. Speaking of Avengers, we've done pretty well, but Black Knight and Tigra (as well as a few key villains)are are still missing from my collection. The only set that has me slightly concerned from the lists are the Inhumans. While we just got a gorgeous Black Bolt, I'm just unsure how DST plans on addressing the others now that the most prominent member has been released. Surely they wouldn't leave us hanging incomplete. Perhaps if Fantastic Four does indeed get some updates, then the Royal Family could be worked-in...but hopefully not at the expense of some much needed FF villain slots.

As much as I'd love to see the royal family get the royal treatment (a box set and a 2-pack), I think it more likely they would be packed in with the Fantastic Four:

MrF/Medusa

Sue/Karnak

Thing/Gorgon

Johhny/Triton

and the TRU 1-per 50 cases Crystal/Lockjaw

As for the FF villians, well, they did a 4-pack of villains before that included Doom, so how about another villain box set: Wizard, Psycho-Man, Mole-Man and (I'm gonna say it) Kang.

And then, ANOTHER FF Viains Box Set with Terrax, Thundra, Puppet Master, and Impossible Man

And then, once DST has figured out the bat-wings pieces, use them on Annihilus and Dragon Man.

Wait... what was the question?

• 4 weeks later...

Hate to bring this thread back from the dead (again) but I wanted to share. Today I noticed AFX had a Facebook page, so I asked if they had more sets coming out this year (since they'd asked for ideas for more ;ast year). This is what they posted in response:

Hi Joshua, we have about 4 sets we are putting out later this year that we feel are pretty hot. We will release information soon!

Let me just officially say 'WOO HOO!' their exclusives aren't always the cheapest to get when you factor in shipping, but they're usually fan-based. Let the speculation begin.

Well, we know two of them are the Chicago and San Diego con IM2 sets...

have they announced or hinted at doing a IM2 SDCC set?? I think they might mean 4 others since the Chicago con is coming up soon and the response seemed to lean more towards stuff for later in the year

Jeff of the Miniacs

Hard to say, since they've got it up in a bundle already. The fact that they have it with buys this and we'll throw in some free stuff is not encouraging. (now I'd have bit, but shipping on the bundle estimated at nearly the cost of the bundle.)

Alpha Flight, Wrecking Crew, whatever the current cross-title storyline is where "WELL-LOVED CHARACTERS WILL 'DIE' AND THINGS WILL NEVER BE THE SAME, and Brotherhood of Evil Mutants plus Wolverine.

Agreed.

Alpha Flight (Classic Byrne AF)

Wrecking Crew

Brotherhood

These would rock. I'd be happy with just one of the three. IMHO AFX hasn't let us down yet and I don't think they will any time soon.

Interesting that from this list, many have been made or are coming out. Exceptions:

Lizard

Meggan

Wrecking Crew

Falcon, Mockingbird

Medusa, Karnak, Gorgon

• 9 months later...

Please forgive the thread-necro :ermm: (looks around nervously, anticipating a beating from the mods), but would there be any interest in running this again?

It's been over a year and a half since the original poll started and it was jolly good fun! Not to mention that we have actually seen a lot of our requests and ideas materialised.

More than half of the finalist characters have been made

- plus a lot of the higher scoring non-winners (like the Age of Apocalypse sets, Iron Man Villains & 90's X-Men) have also been made.

I'd like to think that the push from our desperate fan-letters and multiple hasslings in the Ask DST sessions have had something to do with seeing these sets made.

With these out of the way, it leaves room for the others to move up and for some new ideas for box-sets to be put forward.

So, what do y'all think?