UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Unofficial AFX Marvel Box Set Poll: Finals!

Bob Harris

Vote on your most desired box set now! (Please read instructions first!)  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Which Marvel 4-pack do you want to see AFX pursue in the future?

• AGE OF APOCALYPSE - Jean Grey, Nate Grey, Weapon X, Cyclops
    • AGE OF APOCALYPSE - Jean Grey, Nate Grey, Holocaust, Sunfire
    • ALPHA FLIGHT - Guardian, Sasquatch, Snowbird, Shaman
    • ALPHA FLIGHT - Guardian, Sasquatch, Aurora, Northstar
    • AVENGERS - Falcon, Black Panther, Kang, Black Knight
    • AVENGERS -Falcon, Black Panther, Kang, Tigra
    • AVENGERS - Falcon, Black Panther, Kang, Super Adaption
    • AVENGERS -Falcon, Black Panther, Mockingbird, Yellowjacket
    • AVENGERS - Falcon, Black Panther, Black Knight, Hellcat
    • DARK AVENGERS - Iron Patriot, Moonstone, Noh-Varr, Ares
    • EXCALIBUR - Captain Britain, Phoenix, Shadowcat, Nightcrawler
    • EXCALIBUR - Captain Britain, Phoenix, Shadowcat, Meggan
    • INHUMANS - Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak, Gorgon
    • INHUMANS - Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak, Crystal
    • INHUMANS - Black Bolt, Medusa, Crystal, Maximus the Mad
    • INHUMANS - Black Bolt, Medusa, Crystal, Triton
    • INHUMANS - Black Bolt, Medusa, Gorgon, Triton
    • INHUMANS - Crystal, Lockjaw, Karnak, Green Quicksilver
    • MASTERS OF EVIL - Baron Zemo, Radioactive Man, Moonstone, Mr. Hyde
    • MASTERS OF EVIL - Baron Zemo, Radioactive Man, The Black Knight, Enchantress
    • SINISTER SIX - Electro, Lizard, Vulture, Doc Oc
    • SINISTER SIX - Electro, Lizard, Vulture, Scorpion
    • THUNDERBOLTS - Baron Zemo, Moonstone, Songbird, Mach IV
    • NEW THUNDERBOLTS - Penance, Radioactive Man, Swordsman, Venom
    • NEW THUNDERBOLTS - Penance, Radioactive Man, Swordsman, Songbird
    • NEW THUNDERBOLTS - Penance, Venom, Green Goblin, Bullseye
    • VILLAINS, IRON MAN - Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo, Mandarin, the Ghost
    • WRECKING CREW - Wrecker, Bulldozer, Pile Driver, Thunderball
    • X-MEN, 90's - Jean Grey, Storm, Cyclops, Omega Red
    • X-MEN, FIRST APPEARANCE - Marvel Girl, Beast, Iceman, Angel
    • X-MEN, FIRST APPEARANCE - Marvel Girl, Beast, Iceman, Cyclops
    • YOUNG AVENGERS - Wiccan, Patriot, Hulkling, Hawkeye
    • YOUNG AVENGERS - Wiccan, Patriot, Hulkling, Iron Lad
    • YOUNG AVENGERS - Wiccan, Patriot, Hulkling, Stature
    • YOUNG AVENGERS - Hawkeye, Stature, Speed, Vision 2.0
    • YOUNG AVENGERS - Hawkeye, Stature, Speed, Kang

id go for sinister four (which is already winning, but i gotta show my love).

We know you love those and since they do look like a sure shot, I don't see a problem here.

*Vote #1 Meggan*

Nice speech, Nessex!

OK. There were 109 people voting in the first round, so there still are about at least 15 to vote this time. The first four spots of our top 5 list seem to be pretty clear, but the fifth slot is highly competitive! Inhumans, Young Avengers, Age of Apocalypse and even (those boring :ohmy: ) Iron Man villains might reach this spot.

The suspense continues! :yes:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny how the strategic choices of those voting later differs from that of those voting earlier. If, say, 3 people got together and decided to all vote for the same "bubble" choice, it could very well win based on that, and since 5 are being submitted, it would get nearly (or just) as much attention as the most popular set.

I can't help but think that Bob's "top 5 box sets" idea is a reflection of his multi-party political system. In the U.S., things are much more cut and dry--you win, or you lose, there is no serious "power sharing" across political parties. No proportional representation. No Green Party member ending up as the Secretary of Defense or something. Poor old Age of Apocalypse would have no chance here :)

Edited by karamazov80

The Green Party member in fact was our foreign secretary. (And he was a good one in my eyes. But let's not talk about politics.) But you might be right. Proportional representation and it's strategic arrangements and possibilites eventually do provide a different view on voting here. (Well, I haven't voted yet. :ohmy: I'd have voted on the Wrecking Crew without a doubt, but seeing them doing pretty well - same with Excalibur my second choice -, I'm going to vote of one of those doubtful cases.)

And the whole top 5 list for sure might derive from my cultural and therefore polictical background as well. This win-or-loose thing isn't very popular here. The fact that you only have one single vote on that top 15 list might be an implicit contribution to it. But where would all the fun be, if there is only one winner in the whole competition? :huh:

The last slot in this round as well as in the last one were the choices that really got me excited. (Of course I cheer for Wrecking Crew and Excalibur right now, don't get me wrong.)

Nice thought! Thanks for sharing. Oh, and Age of Apocalypse won't have a chance here either! :P

*Vote #1 Meggan*

Well, me and 3* other people agree with you, but it looks like the Nightcrawler love will win out here.

IF they ever make an Excalibur set (and even if it actually won this vote, and the result actually made a real impact on AFX's decision, I'm still not getting my hopes up that it'll make it past DSTChuck <_<) I'm hoping Meggan's, uh, cheapness would put her ahead of another 'Crawler... like I don't think they'd do a straight rerelease of Nightcrawler at this point, so he'd need some new sculpts, and either way he'd need way more unique parts produced than Meggs, who would just be hair and a body.

So yes, if the lousy economy does nothing else for me, I'm hoping it will sway character selection in this very specific and unlikely scenario :)

*make that 4, it went up as I was typing this :happy:

Edited by battlecat

Honestly, my irrational Nightcrawler love drove me to picking "his" Excalibur team, but after thinking about it for more than a few seconds, I would actually prefer a Meggan in this set (were it ever to come to be). I've got Nightcrawler already, but not her, and we could well get another Nightcrawler later on, anyway, whereas I would classify her as an "unlikely" without an Excalibur set.

However, an issue for DST is going to be the ability of this set to sell, and Nightcrawler would move a heck of a lot more sets than would Meggan.

I would actually prefer a Meggan in this set (were it ever to come to be).

It's not too late Karamazov. Throw yourself on the mercy of Bob. Cry at his feet & beg him to let you change your preference for the tally. He may show his grace & good nature by allowing you to move your vote to the Meggan roster, just as he considered the same thing for those who voted for DarkAvengers :tongue:

*Make you choice Meggan*

Edit: Wow - i can't believe how well the Spidey Villains are doing . . . Looks like it'll be a close race to see who comes in 1st.

Edited by Nessex

I've got Nightcrawler already, but not her, and we could well get another Nightcrawler later on, anyway, whereas I would classify her as an "unlikely" without an Excalibur set.

However, an issue for DST is going to be the ability of this set to sell, and Nightcrawler would move a heck of a lot more sets than would Meggan.

Ah, that's where I was hoping that it being an AFX exclusive would mean DST wouldn't really care about marketability -- I know their past exclusives have ended up being sold to other online stores and even to comic shops (through Diamond?), but is that done through AFX or DST? I guess I assumed AFX becomes like the distributor for their exclusives, but I'm not sure at all how it works...

And AFX clearly prefers geek obscurity over marketability, since they jumped on Web Armor Spidey!

Oh and outside of an Excalibur set, I would classify Meggan as "imbloodypossible", but that's just me :)

And AFX clearly prefers geek obscurity over marketability, since they jumped on Web Armor Spidey!

Still a Spidey, though, likely the single most popular Marvel character there is. Honestly, its really hard for me to imagine a set like Wrecking Crew set getting made even if 500 people requested it, because there isn't a half-way "big" character in the bunch. I think the Champions set has some fairly well known names, particularly Ghost Rider, which allowed them to overcome the "Spidey, Wolvie, Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk" requirement of just about every other box set. I think Kitty Pryde, Nightcrawler, Captain Britain, and Rachel or Meggan would be popular enough in the way that Champions is, but if you take Nightcrawler out of that equation, I'm not so sure (just my opinion, of course).

Again, I think the idea of sending over our obscure guesses is a good one, but I don't honestly expect DST/AFX to pick something unless it has some potential to really sell. One or two big names, or 2-3 middle to big names in a 4-pack are probably going to be a given.

Welllllll, yeah. I'm as skeptical as anyone that this whole thing could turn out to be a very advanced wishlist thread...

But it's still fun to believe it could happen, even just a little bit, and they did ask for suggestions, and they are doing a Champions boxset, which, Ghost Rider or no, still seems like a crazy fan-fave pick for a set... so as you say, it's a good idea.

Vote Meggan!

With 101 people voted on those sets there still are two exciting questions:

Who will be the fifth in our list - currently it looks pretty good for the Inhumans (9), Young Avengers (7) and even the Iron Man villains (6) - and which Excalibur constellation will win? Right now it's 8 votes on Kurt and 7 on Meggan!

Welllllll, yeah. I'm as skeptical as anyone that this whole thing could turn out to be a very advanced wishlist thread...

But it's still fun to believe it could happen, even just a little bit, and they did ask for suggestions, and they are doing a Champions boxset, which, Ghost Rider or no, still seems like a crazy fan-fave pick for a set... so as you say, it's a good idea.

And yeah, that's exactly what I do think. This whole thing - from suggesting the strangest box sets (I mean, come on, the Great Lake Avengers?!? :tongue:) to those two polls - is great fun! We should get those possibilities for enthusiastic nerd considerations way more often! :geek:

Yeah - i keep telling myself that this will be just a fun wish list type of thing, so i don't get too hopeful.

Still, it is VERY fun to see who people wanna see made into a box-set.

And i'm also personally a bit stoked to see a couple of people voting for line-ups that i suggested :D

(one of the AOA rosters & an Inhumans roster)

WOOT!

*Meggan = No. 1 MILF*

Ok - so she's not actually a mother. . . but i'm running out of pro Meggan slogans.

Edited by Nessex

Or mutant or metamorph. Wait... is she a mutant or something else?

She is/was a mutant (a crazy-powerful one, but she was too timid to do much with it most of the time), but her powers were also magically connected to the UK somehow. I think. It has been about 10 years, and I remember her mutant status being fairly confused even at the time.

wow - 90's X-Men & Alpha Flight were two of the highest vote getters in the original poll, but are hardly registering now that we only get one vote each.

I guess they were everyones second or third choices.

4 Votes unaccounted for in the final poll - i'm getting mighty nervous to see where they go. It's all getting very exciting now that the final hours are closing in.

*Make Mine Megan*

It's a shame the two different Excalibur lineups are splitting the vote like that. They'd be tied for first if the team just had one slot in the poll. Plus, I find it hard to believe that Nightcrawler is a total dealbreaker for the Excalibur fans who voted for the Meggan set (and vice versa)...

Has any consideration been given to consolidating the votes for these two nearly-identical lineups?

I really hope Sinister Six makes it. I've been wanting a Lizard and Scorpion for some time, as I think many other fans have been. Too bad we couldn't actually have, well... All six. They could always pull a Giant Sized X-Men.

It's a shame the two different Excalibur lineups are splitting the vote like that. They'd be tied for first if the team just had one slot in the poll. Plus, I find it hard to believe that Nightcrawler is a total dealbreaker for the Excalibur fans who voted for the Meggan set (and vice versa)...

Has any consideration been given to consolidating the votes for these two nearly-identical lineups?

It says in the first post that different rosters will have their votes combined at the end. So Excalibur *is* tied for first.