UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Unofficial AFX Marvel Box Set Poll: Finals!

Bob Harris

Vote on your most desired box set now! (Please read instructions first!)  

134 members have voted

1. 1. Which Marvel 4-pack do you want to see AFX pursue in the future?

• AGE OF APOCALYPSE - Jean Grey, Nate Grey, Weapon X, Cyclops
    • AGE OF APOCALYPSE - Jean Grey, Nate Grey, Holocaust, Sunfire
    • ALPHA FLIGHT - Guardian, Sasquatch, Snowbird, Shaman
    • ALPHA FLIGHT - Guardian, Sasquatch, Aurora, Northstar
    • AVENGERS - Falcon, Black Panther, Kang, Black Knight
    • AVENGERS -Falcon, Black Panther, Kang, Tigra
    • AVENGERS - Falcon, Black Panther, Kang, Super Adaption
    • AVENGERS -Falcon, Black Panther, Mockingbird, Yellowjacket
    • AVENGERS - Falcon, Black Panther, Black Knight, Hellcat
    • DARK AVENGERS - Iron Patriot, Moonstone, Noh-Varr, Ares
    • EXCALIBUR - Captain Britain, Phoenix, Shadowcat, Nightcrawler
    • EXCALIBUR - Captain Britain, Phoenix, Shadowcat, Meggan
    • INHUMANS - Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak, Gorgon
    • INHUMANS - Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak, Crystal
    • INHUMANS - Black Bolt, Medusa, Crystal, Maximus the Mad
    • INHUMANS - Black Bolt, Medusa, Crystal, Triton
    • INHUMANS - Black Bolt, Medusa, Gorgon, Triton
    • INHUMANS - Crystal, Lockjaw, Karnak, Green Quicksilver
    • MASTERS OF EVIL - Baron Zemo, Radioactive Man, Moonstone, Mr. Hyde
    • MASTERS OF EVIL - Baron Zemo, Radioactive Man, The Black Knight, Enchantress
    • SINISTER SIX - Electro, Lizard, Vulture, Doc Oc
    • SINISTER SIX - Electro, Lizard, Vulture, Scorpion
    • THUNDERBOLTS - Baron Zemo, Moonstone, Songbird, Mach IV
    • NEW THUNDERBOLTS - Penance, Radioactive Man, Swordsman, Venom
    • NEW THUNDERBOLTS - Penance, Radioactive Man, Swordsman, Songbird
    • NEW THUNDERBOLTS - Penance, Venom, Green Goblin, Bullseye
    • VILLAINS, IRON MAN - Titanium Man, Crimson Dynamo, Mandarin, the Ghost
    • WRECKING CREW - Wrecker, Bulldozer, Pile Driver, Thunderball
    • X-MEN, 90's - Jean Grey, Storm, Cyclops, Omega Red
    • X-MEN, FIRST APPEARANCE - Marvel Girl, Beast, Iceman, Angel
    • X-MEN, FIRST APPEARANCE - Marvel Girl, Beast, Iceman, Cyclops
    • YOUNG AVENGERS - Wiccan, Patriot, Hulkling, Hawkeye
    • YOUNG AVENGERS - Wiccan, Patriot, Hulkling, Iron Lad
    • YOUNG AVENGERS - Wiccan, Patriot, Hulkling, Stature
    • YOUNG AVENGERS - Hawkeye, Stature, Speed, Vision 2.0
    • YOUNG AVENGERS - Hawkeye, Stature, Speed, Kang

The polls are open until Sunday, April 5th!

109 boardies voted on box sets in first round. Each of the initial 85 suggestions making it to this final round got at least 9 votes. Ladies and gentlemen, here are the final contestants for our AFX Marvel box set wishlist!

AGE OF APOCALYPSE - ALPHA FLIGHT - AVENGERS

DARK AVENGERS - EXCALIBUR - INHUMANS

MASTERS OF EVIL - SINISTER SIX - THUNDERBOLTS

NEW THUNDERBOLTS - VILLAINS, IRON MAN - WRECKING CREW

X-MEN, 90's - X-MEN, FIRST APPEARANCE - YOUNG AVENGERS

How many votes do I have?

You have one single vote on the top 15 ranked box sets in this final round.

How are votes counted on box sets with multiple character configurations?

Since there are technical problems otherwise and I don't want to come up with a third poll, here is how those ones will be counted: If you love to see a box set with several character arrangements being minimaterized, just vote on your favorite roster. At the end all votes on a box set's main theme (written in capital letters, i.e. INHUMANS) will be summated to give this theme an overall score. If for instance the Inhumans will receive 3 votes on each of their 6 character configurations, Inhumans in general will be regarded as having 18 votes. That is the score which decides whether they are in the top5 in the end or not.

What happens next?

At the end of this final poll, the top 5 box sets will be our common suggestions to be sent out to AFX. In case a box set suggestion with several character constellations makes it to that top five most desired box sets, the roster with the highest score is the one to be presented to AFX. (For instance, the Inhumans would make it to the top 5 in general and the character configuration "Black Bolt, Medusa, Karnak, Gorgon" in particular got the most votes of all suggested Inhumans' roster, this one will be suggested to AFX as our Inhumans suggestion.) Then, every member sends the same top 5 list to AFX individually. (Thanks Luke!)

We'll see what happens if there is a tie, when there is a tie.

What?

For any questions on the whole idea, feel free to (re-)read this thread. Here is the link to the first round of this poll and here is the initial prophecy.

Sorry for the chaos, but the first (more clearly arranged?) idea I released did not work. :sad:

Anyway, may the force be with you and may you have lots of fun and excitement! :thumbsup:

Edited by Bob Harris

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will we only be sending one set of results to AFX? It doesn't seem like that would be as powerful of a statement as if we were all to send AFX the same top 5 individually.

That's exactly what I meant. The same top 5 should be send to AFX individually by every participating boardie.

By the way, to which email address should those be send?

Only one choice, huh. . .tough decision.

Not that hard if you see this as a last-chance effort to get a Captain Britain (the Minimate that DST doesn't want you to have! Will you stand for their censorship against Europe, or will you acknowledge the world beyond America's borders?)

Will we only be sending one set of results to AFX? It doesn't seem like that would be as powerful of a statement as if we were all to send AFX the same top 5 individually.

That's exactly what I meant. The same top 5 should be send to AFX individually by every participating boardie.

By the way, to which email address should those be send?

I already sent mine in personally. Black Cat Through the Ages, here I come! XD

Will you stand for their censorship against Europe, or will you acknowledge the world beyond America's borders?

Yes, and no!

--edit: Who am I kidding, as if I could vote against an Excalibur set? :captainbritain::buttrock: --

Goddamn Sinister Six is gonna win, isn't it?

Edited by karamazov80

My personal favorites would be the Wrecking Crew, Excalibur and the Inhumans. The latter might be the biggest possibility to be produced regulary without our plea, but I don't see the former ones produced without our "our powerful statement", to quote Luke. New Thunderbolts and Young Avengers'd be a nice add to complete the top 5 list. Chances looking good so far.

Whilst I have currently fallen out with the Captain Britain concept I would still love to see him as an individual Minimate character in his older styles. I can't however bring myself to vote for Excalibur . My vote goes to the Sinister Six ,purely because of the strength of the 4(?) characters.....so thinking about it now...how will AFX market the 4 figure box-set of the Sinister Six? :(

Edited by buttheadsmate

I have to admit, I voted for the Sinister Four also, but I'm not sure how feasible it would be as an exclusive:

-How can you call a set 'Sinister Six' with only four Minimates (I think if it wins it should be called a Spidey Villians pack or something more appropriate)?

-Who's the big name in it?

-There's a lot of new parts that'd have to be made for this (Vulture's wings, Scorpion's tail, Lizard's head, Electro's lameness), some of which would have to be kind of big. I think it'd definitely be a $20 set if it happened.

I hope it wins, but I think it's more likely to see these done sometime with other Spider-Man packs.

Do the line-ups have to be what's in the poll? For instance, I'd vote for Masters of Evil, but I'd prefer a Baron Zemo/Radioactive Man/Black Knight/Melter line-up, as I think it's only a matter of time until we get an Enchantress/Executioner two pack in an upcoming wave.

I'd also like to point out that the Thunderbolts line-up makes no sense - as listed, half of them are in their "villain" guises and half of them are in their "hero" guises.

I'm also going to agree that it's a total waste to vote for Sinister Six - Electro, Scorpion, VUlture and Lizard are all going to end up in regular waves soon enough

Do the line-ups have to be what's in the poll? For instance, I'd vote for Masters of Evil, but I'd prefer a Baron Zemo/Radioactive Man/Black Knight/Melter line-up, as I think it's only a matter of time until we get an Enchantress/Executioner two pack in an upcoming wave.

Yes, they have to be exactly as the poll says, because we all hail the mighty poll. Seriously, no chance of coming up with new character configurations. There was the time to make suggestions for any line-up you ever dreamed of. All of those were colleted in The List™" and you could vote on those the wohle last week. You're too late to the party to complain, I guess. :(

I'd also like to point out that the Thunderbolts line-up makes no sense - as listed, half of them are in their "villain" guises and half of them are in their "hero" guises.

It did make sense to at least nine of our fellow boardies, since that many 'versers voted on that particular line-up last week. We should respect that. So, again, I'd say your too late. :(

But feel free to vote on any box set this time. :thumbsup:

Edited by Bob Harris

Whilst I have currently fallen out with the Captain Britain concept I would still love to see him as an individual Minimate character in his older styles. I can't however bring myself to vote for Excalibur . My vote goes to the Sinister Six ,purely because of the strength of the 4(?) characters.....so thinking about it now...how will AFX market the 4 figure box-set of the Sinister Six? :(

"Sinister Foes of Spider-Man" would make an adequate name for the box set.

While it's not my pick, I would be happy if the Spider-Man foes set won*. But is there a chance that DST would not let them do that many fan-favorite characters in a box set when they could space them out over several waves with more Spider-Man variants?

*Outside of one set, I'd be happy to ecstatic with any of these sets.

Edited by boyd

I can't say which, but one of these selections IS going to happen.

I'm sorry Shanester, you must have misunderstood. "Howard the Duck: Through the Ages" did not make it to the final round here.