UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Classic Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider at AFX!

MINI_MYTE

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To quote Mrs. Klump from Dr. Doolitle The Nutty Professor: "Hercules! Hercules! Hercules!"

Darkstar might be a tad too obscure for comfort. Applying the same logic that led to Valkyrie in the Defenders set, I'm probably gonna go with Black Widow for the last spot.

EDIT: Got my comedy doctor guys mixed up. Fixed it, you eagle-eyed pedants. <_<

Edited by NorthRaider

So now the question is: Who else in in the box set? Hercules? Black Widow? Iceman? or possibly Darkstar?

Has to be Black Widow and Hercules, Hercules being the one who'll probably the red headed step child of the bunch. Cause think about it, Hercules had the one look (okay he may have had the odd sandle tweeking over the years), but overall, Black Widow has had a least 3 distinct costumes over the years (that I can think of) and would translate well into future minimates.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Darkstar might be a tad too obscure for comfort. Applying the same logic that led to Valkyrie in the Defenders set, I'm probably gonna go with Black Widow for the last spot.

Oh , I know she's obscure, but considering there's little-to-no chance of getting a Soviet Super-Soldier box set, this is the best spot for a Darkstar Minimate. And a Swarm Minimate.

On a related note, will they call this box set the Champions? I ask because when Marvel tried to publish a new Champions comic a few years ago, it was revealed that they didn't have the trademark to the name Champions (it's owned by Heroic Publishing). Is that strictly a comics legal issue, or will it apply to toys as well?

I always judge a Marvel Minimate character by the 'love' of the particular comic that I bought at the time . I have a number of the original 'Ghost Rider' comics from the 70's but to be honest......not too much love. I do however love the Minimate versions of the character & have multiples of all three ,the Target version being my favourite of all 'Targets'.

I can see the love for the character (esp. Doc) & don't want a 'flame-fest' ;) but WTF is so different about this new version? Seriously,I just adore the old version(s) what inspires you with the latest?

P.S. If anybody wants GR#1 (plus others) then it's about time they moved to a 'more-loved ' place. PMs welcome.

I always judge a Marvel Minimate character by the 'love' of the particular comic that I bought at the time . I have a number of the original 'Ghost Rider' comics from the 70's but to be honest......not too much love. I do however love the Minimate versions of the character & have multiples of all three ,the Target version being my favourite of all 'Targets'.

I can see the love for the character (esp. Doc) & don't want a 'flame-fest' ;) but WTF is so different about this new version? Seriously,I just adore the old version(s) what inspires you with the latest?

P.S. If anybody wants GR#1 (plus others) then it's about time they moved to a 'more-loved ' place. PMs welcome.

I completely understand the "love" of the character aspect. Johnny Blaze (blue suit) hits that for me for one reason. When I was growing up, I obviously loved comics, and at my optomitrist he had a ton of ghost rider comics. I had never seen the ghost rider before then, (I was like 6 or 7) and i was fascinated by the design, and almost scared of it. I read every comic he had in the waiting room, and always loved going back for check ups so I could re read them. This design hits me right in the old memory banks, and for that I thank you DST.

I guess the best news about it, I can still keep my target Ghost Rider to be the Danny Ketch version

moc847

I don't know much about the Champions comic but I do think if Herc and Black Widow were in the team then they're likely to be the final two 'mates. Black Widow's a fairly high profile b-lister and can also round out an Avengers team. Herc currently has his own book and could also fit into The Avengers. Have to say, I didn't look at the red & white Angel thread because I thought it was a 'wishlist' type post. I'm so pleased to see this 'mate being released. Hopefully we'll be able to swop parts out on Archangel and have both red and blue costumes.

Regarding BHM's post, I am not a Ghost Rider fan by any means, but I am a big fan of this outfit. It is just the cool, vintage look that I really dig for some reason, and like a lot more than the black leather w/spike incarnations of the 1990s. I think this is going to make for a great looking Minimate.

And regarding the rest of the box set, I hope you guys are right and we get 4 new characters, but I fear that you are wrong. I fully expect a Spidey, Cap, Wolverine, or Hulk of some kind.

(not that familiar with this team, but a wiki search gives me this:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d..._SIZED_Hulk.jpg )

I also hope that DocHolliday666 has learned one of the most important rules regarding Minimates--if you complain about something enough, you will get what you ask for. By the way, it is strange that of all the obscure teams we have received box sets for, there has been no Excalibur or Squadron Supreme. Boy, would I like those! ;)

I am all for more comic accurate Mates. This set so far is awesome. Ghost Rider is not a big one on my list but it's still nice to get the 70's version of the character.

I'm hoping the remaining two are Black Widow and Herc, for nothing more than it adds to the ranks of Avengers we have.

Who did the Champions go against? Maybe we might get a villian

I'm pretty sure it was Hulk in that one picture I saw.

Actually, I just googled their name, and found out that they battled Modok! Personally, I would be more than willing to sacrifice Herc or Black Widow (or both) for Modok, though I don't think it has even a remote chance of happening.

Their other nemeses include such fearsome opponents as Unus, the Vanisher, Lorelei, Swarm and Stiltman (I actually think Stilt man would make for a great Minimate).

Edited by karamazov80