UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Speculation: Take with a grain of salt

I would actually place my money on Cosbabies. HT has been getting all the DC-related movie properties recently, and many assume that Watchmen 12 inch figures will be coming soon. If so, you can bet that Cosbabies will come, too. . .it is also possible that they didn't know about the Kubricks when this article was written, since they don't seem to mention them at all as announced toys.

Edited by karamazov80

Darn it, now I'm gonna be getting my hopes up again... I wish I never heard this news so I would just get pleasantly surprised when this utter miracle comes true :pinch:

Oh, and Watchmen cosbabies :wallbash:

Edited by NorthRaider

well it cant be mates,if you read down a bit, at the other thread it says chuck comfirmed,no plans and if it is cosbabies,they made a big mistake...

Edited by SErge

Yeah, Chuck said pretty definitely that there are no plans for Watchmen product. Unless DST JUST got the license, I just don't think we will be seeing Watchmen mates any time soon. It's probably a hint to Kubricks or Cosbabies. Kubricks are alright, but I don't collect any. I don't care for Cosbabies, but I don't care against them either.

And maybe this thread would be more appropriately titled SPECULATION instead of RUMOR.

Edited by Turtle

Even though DST doesn't have the rights, couldn't DC Direct be making Minimates. I mean, they do still have the capability and the rights, right? Not that I expect them to, but they still can make DC Minimates. Maybe a comic like Watchmen would be a good way to test the waters with a boxset.

Minimates would be awesome, but I have a sick feeling that it's something dreadful like "shockinis" (though they'll probably never make it to the shelf!). <_<

Could their info be faulty? Perhaps it has released their acquisition of the license and he's referring to Kubricks. Ya never know...

But I really want it to be Minimates. Who cares if it won't be beside the movie, It's WATCHMEN!!!

My bet says it's those dreaded, yet somewhat cute Bearbricks. Of course, we cannot say for sure until we know a 100% definite no from DST. Hmm...They'll be doing a Q&A panel on Friday at NYCC. Since i can't go Friday, anyone care to ask?? this is probably the best question we'd have to offer them, after all.

And i won't be happy with Watchmen until i have a Modern/Movie Silk Spectre sitting in my palm. ;)

Eh, I've learned from the past Q&As that DST will deny anything so they can surprise us. So you have to take the Q&As with a grain of salt. For example, it was said that Deadpool wouldn't come with a removable mask even though the designs were released exclusively to us, and it showed that he had in fact two different masks.

From today's Q&A

James White:

Great Job on everything you guys have been doing lately and thanks for keeping us updated on shipping dates. My question is: Can you give us any hints as to what we may see at Toy Fair 09 from DST and AA?

DSTChuck: We’ll have a couple new licenses and one of them I think will shock everyone and the other will be a “that makes sense” response. We’ll also have plenty of line extensions for existing licenses.

Hmmm.

From today's Q&A

James White:

Great Job on everything you guys have been doing lately and thanks for keeping us updated on shipping dates. My question is: Can you give us any hints as to what we may see at Toy Fair 09 from DST and AA?

DSTChuck: We’ll have a couple new licenses and one of them I think will shock everyone and the other will be a “that makes sense” response. We’ll also have plenty of line extensions for existing licenses.

Hmmm.

DodododoDOOOdo.

This interests me. wonder what the "that Makes Sense" one is. Perhaps Gran Torino as they have been doing Clint Eastwood (now this would be too damn cool)

Or maybe they acquired DC!!!!

God I love Minimates. you never know what tey'll come up with next.

From today's Q&A

James White:

Hmmm.

DodododoDOOOdo.

This interests me. wonder what the "that Makes Sense" one is. Perhaps Gran Torino as they have been doing Clint Eastwood (now this would be too damn cool)

Now yasee, i can't see Gran Torino fitting here. I know a lot of you want that movie made into mates, having never seen i can't say i would, but that technically wouldn't be a new license since they've done Clint before, and they wouldn't make that interesting of mates either; i'd expect that, if they did make them, they'd hit the 24-route faster than 24.

As for the Q&A, i saw that and started thinking. While DC does fit the "that makes sense," i just can't see DST even attempting it, especially since DC Direct is such a bigger company. While i would hope they did for the sake of Watchmates etc., i just can't see it happening any time soon. :(

Now yasee, i can't see Gran Torino fitting here. I know a lot of you want that movie made into mates, having never seen i can't say i would, but that technically wouldn't be a new license since they've done Clint before, and they wouldn't make that interesting of mates either; i'd expect that, if they did make them, they'd hit the 24-route faster than 24.

Gotta see Gran Torino man. Such a funny movie. "Get me another beer Dragon Lady"

and the greatest line of all: "Shut up Pussy."

From today's Q&A

James White:

Hmmm.

DodododoDOOOdo.

When is Toy Fair anyway? I hope we get the new Minimate license news real soon, especially since DST's concept of "will shock everyone" and "makes sense" might differ from ours. For all we know "makes sense" might mean they've finally lifted the height restriction off of the the Marvel license (:woot:) while "shocking" might mean another Madonna two-pack :blink:

For all we know "makes sense" might mean they've finally lifted the height restriction off of the the Marvel license

Could that be the "line extension" that was mentioned? I hope the "that makes sense" line is DC, because it would make sense AND make me happy. If DCD is too lame to continue one of the coolest lines to date, it does make a lot of sense for DST to pick up that license if possible. And, well, the more I think about it, the more I look forward to Toy Fair. First, there's nothing in the answer that specifically refers to minimates so I may be getting hyped for nothing. But then with 2009 being the year of the minimate and all, one can't help but think there's got to be something more than a few cancellations. And now that I think about it more, I wonder if the "We’ll also have plenty of line extensions for existing licenses" could mean that licenses that aren't currently in minimate form will be headed that way. And now I have gotten carried away.

Dude, the Watchmen Kubricks are old news: they were already leaked in the Kubrick and Watchmen Bearbrick threads here. If those were actually the "new" figures the blog was really talking about then I'd be really pissed. I was hoping for some NEW news.

Man, I wish Toy Fair would come already... :(

Since Watchmen is DC I would guess ....no.

Well, DST has been hinting at that "shocker license," although this seems like the "this makes sense" license, so you never know.

I too doubt it was the Kubs. Them and the Bearbricks were pretty old, but then again i don't know how old that article that stated Watchmen products coming out is. Only time will tell, i suppose. :)