UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NYCC Minimates giveaway

boyd

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it's Friday to Sunday, and i get to go Sunday!! Yay first Comic-con EVER!! :D

So who wants my list of questions to bug Chuck with on Friday?? ;)

And whoever's carrying TTF's questions for Friday, care to bring these ones too? Pretty please?

Not to mention that a hero's welcome shall await the person who brings good news about a Darkhawk minimate :)

Yeah, it's Friday to Sunday, and i get to go Sunday!! Yay first Comic-con EVER!! :D

So who wants my list of questions to bug Chuck with on Friday?? ;)

And whoever's carrying TTF's questions for Friday, care to bring these ones too? Pretty please?

Not to mention that a hero's welcome shall await the person who brings good news about a Darkhawk minimate :)

And we shall behead he who shall bring the dreadful news we wish not to grace our ears. :yes:

Seriously, we should prepare a list of questions, but have small lists for specific people, so as not to overload Chuck with one person alone. I was kidding before, but now i think this might work. It'll also prevent repeats of "When do we get _____??" and "So we're getting Dark Reign/Dark Avengers next, right??" questions.

NYCC ....It looks like the 'job's on',Timbo :thumbsup: Just had a PM from ol' Grimlock & apparently we're welcome to stay at 'his'. I love that guy....oohwhee...Brooklyn...can't wait :unsure:

that's right you guys can stay... by the way i'll be there with my 3 day pass. see ya virgins.

NYCC ....It looks like the 'job's on',Timbo :thumbsup: Just had a PM from ol' Grimlock & apparently we're welcome to stay at 'his'. I love that guy....oohwhee...Brooklyn...can't wait :unsure:

I'm glad you kids worked it out. It seems like only yesterday he was refering to everyone as "40 year old virgins". Oh the good times. ;)

you still are.

that's right you guys can stay... by the way i'll be there with my 3 day pass. see ya virgins.

I'm glad you kids worked it out. It seems like only yesterday he was refering to everyone as "40 year old virgins". Oh the good times. ;)

you still are.

Now now, let's not do this again. As for the 40-year old virgins, well we really can't say for sure unless...well, let's not go there today. It'll make a great Con-discussion in person though!!

Look forward to (maybe) seeing some of you there. And yes; i plan to embarrass (sp??) at least two of when i do.

On second thought, upon reading through the other material, carry on.

And Dino - there could be a nude blank mate floating around out there somewhere. When (if) I ever move I might be able to find time to post a pic. Can't right now though because my stuff is all packed. (Has been for almost 3 damn months now...)

Just be sure to mention that Darkhawk is playing a major role in a major Marvel Universe crossover and demands his very own minimate styled figure. I think that should be enough to ensure some Darkhawk love. I mean, we're getting Deadpool - he's gotta be next on the list of fan faves. Right? ;)

On second thought, upon reading through the other material, carry on.

And Dino - there could be a nude blank mate floating around out there somewhere. When (if) I ever move I might be able to find time to post a pic. Can't right now though because my stuff is all packed. (Has been for almost 3 damn months now...)

That would be awesome beyond realization.

you still are.

Hey nice to see you back & if you can pick up a decent haul of Promos for me .......I'm willing to lose my virginity......Big Apple style! :D

Enjoy the Con guys.

Does anyone else remember the time when an eBayer used Giant Size X-Men pics from MMDB, and Ivan replaced them with nude Minimates um, doing it? XD

Do I? :lol: (All together everyone: "Soybeans are my enemies!")

I'll be darned if I can find the posts about that auction in the Minimate eBay thread now, but they're definitely in there somewhere. I wonder whatever happened to that seller...

P.S. You can make a pretty easy nude blank with some generic naked arms (like the spares in the Classic Avengers boxset), Kobol Six's lower body, the blank flesh-colored torso block from DCD Hawkman/Hawkgirl, and a regular Minimate head with the face decal removed.

P.S.S. Ivan's "nude" minimates (both of 'em) used the lower bodies of the "party girl" minimates, like wave 18 Gwen Stacy and Mary Jane. heh heh, they're doing it wearing boots. :P

P.S.S.S. ... yikes, I remembered that auction TOO well, didn't I? :blink:

Edited by NorthRaider

Ok this is off topic but, anybody know if AFX is going to have a booth at NYCC this year?

Last year they did i'm sure they will have it again this year.

you still are.

Hey nice to see you back & if you can pick up a decent haul of Promos for me .......I'm willing to lose my virginity......Big Apple style! :D

Enjoy the Con guys.

if everyone plays nice i just might.

Does anyone else remember the time when an eBayer used Giant Size X-Men pics from MMDB, and Ivan replaced them with nude Minimates um, doing it? XD

Do I? :lol: (All together everyone: "Soybeans are my enemies!")

I'll be darned if I can find the posts about that auction in the Minimate eBay thread now, but they're definitely in there somewhere. I wonder whatever happened to that seller...

P.S. You can make a pretty easy nude blank with some generic naked arms (like the spares in the Classic Avengers boxset), Kobol Six's lower body, the blank flesh-colored torso block from DCD Hawkman/Hawkgirl, and a regular Minimate head with the face decal removed.

P.S.S. Ivan's "nude" minimates (both of 'em) used the lower bodies of the "party girl" minimates, like wave 18 Gwen Stacy and Mary Jane. heh heh, they're doing it wearing boots. :P

P.S.S.S. ... yikes, I remembered that auction TOO well, didn't I? :blink:

I liked it so well that I... well, just see for yourself.

post-51-1233758484_thumb.jpg

That was my desktop for all of 5 mins. I just couldn't resist taking a screen shot. ;)

From DST:

Special New York Comic Con Panels

While enjoying New York Comic Con, also be sure to attend our special 2009: The Year of the Minimate Panel and Q&A! This special panel will be held on Friday in Room 1A17 from 1:00-2:00 PM. DSTChuck, Project Manager Robert Yee and special Minimate artists will be on hand to answer your questions, listen to your requests and showcase future Minimate licenses and designs! Plus be sure to check out DSTChuck's appearance on the Mego: Past, Present and Future panel, held on Saturday, February 7th at 2:45 PM in Room 1A18.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

If anyone is going today the panel has been moved - from nycc blog

Panel Tweak -- 2009: Years of The Minimate Move

We've got one tiny tweak to today's panels. 2009: Year of the Minimate's currently scheduled for 1-2 PM in 1A17. We'll be moving it into 1A07. The time's the same, but the room will now be bigger. We're working to get this change reflected on the online guide shortly, and there'll be signs on both 1A17 and 1A07 directing attendees to the new room.

...and then in a week is ToyFair too!!

Its funny, I'm just realizing that I will actually be in New York City for Sunday and Monday of Toy Fair, but I'm going to a conference, so no time for fun :(

Edited by karamazov80