UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

music...and you...

entertheninja!

Any fans of pyschobilly or rockabilly might like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sESCSo32qvs

Anyway, right now i've been listening to a lot of prog and proto-metal, like Lucifer's Friend and Atomic Rooster. I've also recently been enjoying Stiv Bators early 80's band The Wanderers. :)

who likes them? there awesome!!! what your favorite song mine is you cant bring me down or go'n breakdown

Are you referring to Van Morrison's

or
:blink: Edited by super spider piggy

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can stream the new Gorillaz album from npr's website:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...oryId=124114812

I'm not a huge fan or anything, but it is probably worth a listen. They had great cartoon videos back in the day.

Not a huge Butthole Surfers fan, but I do like Ministry's "Jesus Built My Hotrod" which had Gibby Haynes on vocals. For my wacky, obscure-o 80s music, I prefer the Meat Puppets.

Edited by karamazov80

• 5 weeks later...

Listen to UNKLE and DJ SHADOW as they are both awesome trip-hop emcees. One of UNKLE's songs was in Repo Men and got my attention right away. BY UNKLE check out 'Burn My Shadow', and by DJ SHADOW check out 'Six Days'. I really also like VAMPIRE WEEKEND and have just forgotten to mention them here. Czech it out.

I'm a huge fan of European power metal singer Tobias Sammet. His main band, Edguy is one of my favourites and I'm JUST listening to the two new Avantasia CDs. A close second is the ever awesome Jonathan Coulton. Skullcrusher Mountain and Re: Your Brains are brilliant songs and Code Monkey describes my job pretty much to the T. If I grow a beard and/or my hair long, my friends say I look a lot like him.

An old friend also introduced me to Bon Jovi, who's quickly become another favourite artist. I also like some work by Kamelot, Masterplan, Iron Maiden and Therion.

I love music almost as much as I love comics, and have been known to grown rocker hair.

Edited by pawcanada

Hee hee, my mom was a huge fan of The Mamas and The Papas way back when. I actually kind of liked their song "Midnight Voyage", and I wind up sharing in her devastation whenever she learns yet another member of the band had joined Mama Cass up in that big Central Park in the sky :(

On a related note: I just found out the other day that Lauryn Hill was in Sister Act 2. My mind was thoroughly blown.

i HATED Lady Gaga when she first hit. could not stand the skank. Her last two singles have brought me around a little, so i decided to bite the bullet and went to her concert.

I managed to get last minute tickets (like, the day before) right down the front.

The show was AMAZING. i'm a total convert. She is quite an entertainer. There were explosions, fireworks, giant onster puppets, angle-griders, neon lights, flaming pianos, subway carriages and much more!

I'll be lining first in line for tickets to her next show.

i HATED Lady Gaga when she first hit. could not stand the skank. Her last two singles have brought me around a little, so i decided to bite the bullet and went to her concert.

I managed to get last minute tickets (like, the day before) right down the front.

The show was AMAZING. i'm a total convert. She is quite an entertainer. There were explosions, fireworks, giant onster puppets, angle-griders, neon lights, flaming pianos, subway carriages and much more!

I'll be lining first in line for tickets to her next show.

i'm the same way, minus getting to see her live =(

but yeah, everyone was going crazy for her and I honestly didn't see the big deal.

then my recent ex listened to her all the time. "paparazzi" is the song that converted me. lol

I'll admit that I was really indifferent to Lady Gaga myself when she first came out. I didn't really care for "Poker Face" both as a song and as a music video :sick:

Then on my summer internship at a local magazine last year I had to work on a write-up of her. This entailed me transcribing a video interview of hers and conducting some research on her general background, and I have to say I've become a believer if only by virtue of her talent and work ethic. You don't see too many young pop artists these days take aesthetic inspiration from Queen or David Bowie (and for a bloody good reason... latex bodysuits, anyone?!)

Granted, while I'm a fan of her overall artistic persona, to date I've only actually liked two of her songs.

• 1 month later...